It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Statement re: Bundy Ranch Standoff by Shirley Bundy Cox

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Miniscuzz

Furthermore, you claim that people with big bucks are to blame? Seems Bundy is on that bandwagon because he has already set up donation sites on FB and PayPal. Pfft....this guy is a scamming pos who deserves what he got.

Did you even READ the so called FACTS you posted???

Apparently the FACTS show that Bundy has received 2 thousand dollars in donation!

Compare that to the worth of Harry Reid and try to say Bundy is loaded!!!

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Seems we can agree that at some point after 72' the land was given to the state of Nevada along with that information it was also mentioned that the Bundy's in return would have grazing rights in perpetuity.

Seems the Feds illegally nullified an existing contract between Bundy and state of Nevada which by nature is unconstitutional.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Once this is all said and done it may resemble the Teapot Dome Scandal in the 20's

en.wikipedia.org...

Although in this case they're using the Tortoise as a means to leverage the situation, again...

And perhaps there are Rare Earth Elements or proposed Fracking in this area.

Aerial Surveys, gamma, and otherwise have shown many valuable rare earth deposits as well as other valuable reserves all over the southwest and specifically in Clark County Nevada. geology.csupomona.edu...

But who knows. It sure as hell isn't about a few turtles.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

This time....people decided to give more in a personal nature than a few bucks on paypall...

They got in their damn trucks/cars, drove out to Bundy's ranch and gave him physical support and protection.

Plus, a few bucks donated, under $3,000...sure as hell isn't going to cover the cost of the damage they did to his cattle, and property.

You really need to take off your blinders, they are causing your eyes to not see the whole picture.

Des

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
its actually all about the SOUP.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
And since we're in the Mud-Pit I'll go ahead and suspect that there are pockets being lined of certain family members and friends of a politician that has a focus on this situation. One with cloudy contributions, “Best Up and Coming Politician”'s, wealthy in laws, mining ties, gambling connections, but I don't want to name NAMES.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

The Bundy family gave the land to the State of Nevada. With conditions of grazing rights.
Where did you get this info? Do you have a link or is this just more BS that is being propagated by people that have no idea what they are talking about?

reply to post by BobAthome

Interesting how your post bears no resemblance to reality. You might be interested in this video.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Destinyone

This time....people decided to give more in a personal nature than a few bucks on paypall...

They got in their damn trucks/cars, drove out to Bundy's ranch and gave him physical support and protection.

Plus, a few bucks donated, under $3,000...sure as hell isn't going to cover the cost of the damage they did to his cattle, and property.

You really need to take off your blinders, they are causing your eyes to not see the whole picture.

Des

And again, obfuscation rears it's head.

Can you post a link which says that Bundy or any of his family owned any land besides the 160 acres? NO
Can you post a link which says that the court order DIDN'T call for repossession of cattle? NO
Can you post a link which says that the Federal Government didn't have the right to do what they did? NO

I understand why people are upset, but ignorance of the law is no excuse. Bundy hasn't paid any fees since 1993. He was warned time and again what would happen if he didn't comply. Two separate courts have ruled on this in the Governments favor...so the LAW is not with Bundy.
As I showed earlier, the Bundy's and all other holders of territorial land lost all their rights the day Congress ratified Nevada being a State. No mention of any "deals for grazing rights" anywhere in the Enabling Act in the Nevada State Constitution. This means that no other side deal between him and Nevada, or anyone else for that matter, trumps what any TREATY says and you all know this fact and continue to debate based on feeling rather than law.

Bundy made his own bed and he has to follow the law just like the rest of us. If you don't like the laws of Nevada, get the signatures and have the legislature change the State Constitution.

Please...can anyone anywhere provide anything that says Bundy gave land to Nevada or has grazing rights for life? I bet noone can, which is why this thread is illogical.
edit on 17-4-2014 by Miniscuzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Devino

how very astute of you.

of keen penetration or discernment; sagacious: an astute analysis. 2. clever; cunning; ingenious; shrewd: an astute merchandising program; an astute ...

reality,,what a concept.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Interesting about the "160 acres".

Maybe we should find that first.

"Clark County, NV Assessor " maybe.

And maybe find any old Homestead claims that may be "missing".

Perhaps some records have been scrubbed.

Old Homesteading BLM

a tract of public land granted by the U.S. government to a settler under provisions of the 1862 Homestead Act (or its amendments or other homestead legislation) to be developed as a farm. (Note: Certain later homestead legislation, or amendments to homestead legislation modified the intention for the tract to always only become a “farm.”)

Did Nevada have this?

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Why are you demanding answers from the people when Federal agencies have sold their souls to Evil powers?
They used to serve us not too long ago.
Illogical indeed...

edit on 17-4-2014 by Granite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Miniscuzz

OK Mr. *the feds are always right*....

Exclusive: Does Cliven Bundy Have Something Called “Prescriptive Rights”, Why The BLM May Be Afraid To Go To Court

By: Ben Swann Apr 16, 2014

In an exclusive interview with Benswann.com, Montana cattle rancher Todd Devlin says the BLM is now considering new ways of dealing with the Cliven Bundy situation. Devlin, is not just Montana cattle rancher but is also a County Commissioner in Prairie County Montana and he has worked with the Department of Interior, having taught workshops for the agency in the past. Monday, Devlin reached out to his contacts in the Department of the Interior to find out why the Bureau of Land Management has refused to work with Bundy rather than simply attempting to run over him.

Among the questions Devlin asked of the BLM, “Is it possible that this guy (Cliven Bundy) has prescriptive rights?” The response from top officials at the BLM, “We are worried that he might and he might use that defense.”

So what exactly are prescriptive rights? Prescriptive right to property is an easement that gives some one the right to use land owned by someone else for a particular purpose. An example is using a path through Party A’s land to get to your land, a prescriptive easement is allowed which gives the user the right to get to his land through A’s property.

In most states, if a trespass or use of land occurs regularly for at least 5 years without the “owner” of the land taking legal action, prescriptive rights come into play. Because Bundy stopped paying his grazing fees to the BLM in 1993 but continued to use the land for over 20 years, it is possible he now has prescriptive rights to the land. That might explain why the BLM has not taken this issue to court and never bothered to file a lien against the cattle

Read more: benswann.com... Follow us: @BenSwann_ on Twitter

Now, why don't you chase down the court records that show BLM negated Bundy' s prescriptive rights...

Des

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

Now, why don't you chase down the court records that show BLM negated Bundy' s prescriptive rights...

Des

Even if he did,

A court order, is far from the pinnacle of what is Right and Just in this country.

Morally repugnant behavior, is not made right with the wave of a pen.

Torture is still torture, despite calling it enhanced interrogation.

Assassination is still assisination, drone or a hang man.

And Taxation without representation, Repoed for BLM fees, still the same thing.

Legal, or not, matters no more in this country in this day and age for Rights abuse, So why should Bundy honor any court order?

The Crux of the issue, is simple, it was one step to far.

It never matters the Legality,

Some people, won't see that, the government boot is too firm and comforting on their necks, the safety provided by not trying to stand up is too much to overcome the fear of what comes if they do.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: benrl

how true your words are, Benrl.

Now, that those not completely broken, and still have the strength to stand up and say...enough is enough, are doing so.

Those comfortable laying under the boot, yell for those standing to lay back down.

It's a sad and dismal state, our once great Country has fallen to.

Bless those willing to crawl out from under the boot, and help others to stand for what is right...instead of what greed based laws tell them is right.

Des

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Granite

For those that defend the actions of the BLM in Nevada, lets put things into perspective as to how they operate. This link relates to another rancher in Nevada, the judge accuses the BLM of racketeering among other not so wonderful BLM comments;

www.thenewamerican.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
More of this bum and the fools who are his supporters.

Maybe I'm a little biased against free grazers, but I work MY property to tend to my herd (horses not cows) and free grazers just let loose their animals on public lands so they don't have the costs that I have. They pay a fee (tax) to use the lands that is for the masses.

So now here's this bum using up the public's land for 20 years and not paying a fee (the tax) to use the land because he doesn't want to. Fine. Get your animals on your land and welcome to the real world, but he just keeps on using up the land w/o a worry.

How is this guy a hero? Because he is a tax cheat white guy?

As far as the BLM, thanks to Conrad Burns (Rep-MT) it is now a tool for the Corporations to great land from the people to exploit for the profit of the Corporations.

Derek

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Viesczy

Did you really just play the race card in this issue?

Congratulations, you're the first...

As you well know, horsed and cows have different dietary requirements. That's why hay is sold as horse grade, and cattle grade. With horse grade being the higher price. Are you a wee bit jealous? Maybe you should be raising cattle.

Des

edit on 17-4-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: BobAthome
its actually all about the SOUP.

I don't care who you are, that's funny!! Hopefully, for the sake of Americans it is not true.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: govmule
That link made my mobile phone browse bomb.
Please verify it and edit your post.
Thank you.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Viesczy
More of this bum and the fools who are his supporters.

Maybe I'm a little biased against free grazers, but I work MY property to tend to my herd (horses not cows) and free grazers just let loose their animals on public lands so they don't have the costs that I have. They pay a fee (tax) to use the lands that is for the masses.

So now here's this bum using up the public's land for 20 years and not paying a fee (the tax) to use the land because he doesn't want to. Fine. Get your animals on your land and welcome to the real world, but he just keeps on using up the land w/o a worry.

How is this guy a hero? Because he is a tax cheat white guy?

As far as the BLM, thanks to Conrad Burns (Rep-MT) it is now a tool for the Corporations to great land from the people to exploit for the profit of the Corporations.

Derek

The white guy actually has stated he would gladly pay the county for the fees, the county will not accept the money. He is against paying the fed's (BLM) because they do not manage the land, which is supposed to be their function. You raise horses, the BLM hates them worse than cattle, better be careful with where you graze them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join