Statement re: Bundy Ranch Standoff by Shirley Bundy Cox

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+28 more 
posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
This statement is on about a dozen blogs, forums...but not on ATS yet...and sorely needs to be if Deny Ignorance is our community goal:

rom : [link to www.facebook.com... (secure)]
Mike Combs By SHIREE BUNDY COX:

I have had people ask me to explain my dad’s stance on this BLM fight. Here it is in as simple of terms as I can explain it. There is so much to it, but here it is in a nut shell.

My great grandpa bought the rights to the Bunkerville allotment back in 1887 around there. Then he sold them to my grandpa who then turned them over to my dad in 1972. These men bought and paid for their rights to the range and also built waters, fences and roads to assure the survival of their cattle, all with their own money, not with tax dollars. These rights to the land use are called preemptive rights.

Somewhere down the line, to keep the cows from over grazing, came the bureau of land management. They were supposed to assist the ranchers in the management of their ranges while the ranchers paid a yearly allotment which was to be use to pay the BLM wages and to help with repaires and improvements of the ranches.

My dad did pay his grazing fees for years to the BLM until they were no longer using his fees to help him and to improve. Instead they began using these money’s against the ranchers.

They bought all the rest of the ranchers in the area out with they’re own grazing fees. When they offered to buy my dad out for a pittance he said no thanks and then fired them because they weren’t doing their job. He quit paying the BLM but, tried giving his grazing fees to the county, which they turned down.

So my dad just went on running his ranch and making his own improvements with his own equipment and his own money, not taxes.

In essence the BLM was managing my dad out of business.

Well when buying him out didn’t work, they used the iendangered species card. You’ve already heard about the desert tortis. Well that didn’t work either, so then began the threats and the court orders, which my dad has proven to be unlawful for all these years.

Now their desperate.

It’s come down to buying the brand inspector off and threatening the County Sheriff. Everything their doing at this point is illegal and totally against the constitution of the United States of America. Now you may be saying,” how sad, but what does this have to do with me?” Well, I’ll tell you. They will get rid of Cliven Bundy, the last man standing on the Bunkerville allotment and then they will close all the roads so no one can ever go on it again. Next, it’s Utah’s turn. Mark my words, Utah is next.

Then there’s the issue of the cattle that are at this moment being stolen.

See even if dad hasn’t paid them, those cattle do belong to him. Regardless of where they are ,they are my father’s property. His herd has been part of that range for over a hundred years, long before the BLM even exsisted.

Now the Feds think they can just come in and remove them and sell them without a legal brand inspection or without my dad’s signature on it. They think they can take them over two borders, which is illegal — ask any trucker. Then they plan to take them to the Richfeild Aucion and sell them. All with our tax money. They have paid off the contract cowboys and the auction owner as well as the Nevada brand inspector with our tax dollars.

See how slick they are?

We all have seen the Federal "boot-lickers" on ATS get quite a beating on every Bundy thread so far by veteran members way smarter than me.
But if after all that whipping and READING this state of truth, you still not convinced please reply with evidence to the contrary.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
It's simple really. Just take a look at all the stories where the Feds have decided they want the land back from the Indians. Same story, same tactics.

Nice find, and thanks for sharing.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Granite

I am a little surprised that I knew pretty much all of that already, thanks ATSers!

And infowars, they gotta get a lot of credit for their coverage.
edit on 17-4-2014 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
None of this would have happened if this freeloader would have paid his bills.

I also believe that the Feds need to find a better way to be people friendly and not bring in their army over some cattle and tortoise, that is just plain silly.

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Great info...

I don't think this has much to do with Mr. Bundy.

The fact is people are pissed. They are pushing back.

I just hope this doesn't get violent...

It's been a long time since I was proud of my fellow citizens.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Is there a date on this letter that she wrote?

+10 more 
posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

thesaneone

I also believe that the Feds need to find a better way to be people friendly and not bring in their army over some cattle and tortoise, that is just plain silly.

You wouldn't agree that a 1.5 million dollar permit fee is people friendly? Yeah, he should just pay his bills. All of the other ranchers in the area that have already lost their ranches should have paid their bills too, right?

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

thesaneone

There is a lot more to it than that. As Sergeant Hulka points out, this is an opportunity for our government to grossly overstep it's moral authority and for the American people to see how their government works in the light of day.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

butcherguy

The Facebook link says April 10th, 2014

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Granite

butcherguy

The Facebook link says April 10th, 2014

Okay, I just wanted to make sure that this was made previous to the end of the standoff.... not that I believe that it is all over.

I hoped that the feds were not back there trying to rustle his cattle.....again.
edit on b000000302014-04-17T11:47:24-05:0011America/ChicagoThu, 17 Apr 2014 11:47:24 -05001100000014 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

greencmp

There is a lot more to it than that. As Sergeant Hulka points out, this is an opportunity for our government to grossly overstep it's moral authority and for the American people to see how their government works in the light of day.

I still think both sides are at fault, if this is some slick attempt to take his land for whatever reason why take over 20 years to do it?

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
The bottom line is that it is Federally owned land. His ancestors received what amounts to a license to use the land for grazing. They didn't buy the land (the fee estate) just a license to use it for grazing. Then, later, the government decided to start charging to use the Federally owned land, in essence, charging a fee for the license to allow grazing. Again that was agreed to.

Now, Bundy has decided he doesn't want to pay for said license to allow his cattle to graze on Federally owned land. Fine. Move your cattle off of the land. Well, he doesn't want to do that either.

It's sort of like me being allowed to store my property in a friends garage for free. After a few years, said friend decides I can continue to store my property in his garage, but now he wants twenty bucks a month for the right. So I agree and pay him each month for a few more years. Then I decide that I want to continue using his garage for storage but I don't want to pay him.

This guy does not own the land his cattle are grazing on, and his use of said land can be revoked at any time.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

thesaneone

I still think both sides are at fault, if this is some slick attempt to take his land for whatever reason why take over 20 years to do it?

It is not his land. He does not own that land. He had a license to use the land for grazing, and now that license has been revoked.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

thesaneone

The window of doubt concerning any possibility of "freeloader" label on Bundy family is over now.
"I have a whole stack of registered letters...un-opened" - Cliven Bundy April 14th, 2014.
Do you see why now?
edit on 17-4-2014 by Granite because: (no reason given)
edit on 17-4-2014 by Granite because: typo on date for quote.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

It's sort of like me being allowed to store my property in a friends garage for free. After a few years, said friend decides I can continue to store my property in his garage, but now he wants twenty bucks a month for the right. So I agree and pay him each month for a few more years. Then I decide that I want to continue using his garage for storage but I don't want to pay him.

Add to that.... the friend agrees to heat the garage. But he doesn't heat it.

Should you pay?

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

usernameconspiracy
The bottom line is that it is Federally owned land. His ancestors received what amounts to a license to use the land for grazing. They didn't buy the land (the fee estate) just a license to use it for grazing. Then, later, the government decided to start charging to use the Federally owned land, in essence, charging a fee for the license to allow grazing. Again that was agreed to.

Now, Bundy has decided he doesn't want to pay for said license to allow his cattle to graze on Federally owned land. Fine. Move your cattle off of the land. Well, he doesn't want to do that either.

This guy does not own the land his cattle are grazing on, and his use of said land can be revoked at any time.

Sorry, but history and common law says otherwise.
Why continue to see this important event totally without historical mindset?

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Granite
This statement is on about a dozen blogs, forums...but not on ATS yet...and sorely needs to be if Deny Ignorance is our community goal:

rom : [link to www.facebook.com... (secure)]
Mike Combs By SHIREE BUNDY COX:

I have had people ask me to explain my dad’s stance on this BLM fight. Here it is in as simple of terms as I can explain it. There is so much to it, but here it is in a nut shell.

My great grandpa bought the rights to the Bunkerville allotment back in 1887 around there. Then he sold them to my grandpa who then turned them over to my dad in 1972. These men bought and paid for their rights to the range and also built waters, fences and roads to assure the survival of their cattle, all with their own money, not with tax dollars. These rights to the land use are called preemptive rights.

Somewhere down the line, to keep the cows from over grazing, came the bureau of land management. They were supposed to assist the ranchers in the management of their ranges while the ranchers paid a yearly allotment which was to be use to pay the BLM wages and to help with repaires and improvements of the ranches.

My dad did pay his grazing fees for years to the BLM until they were no longer using his fees to help him and to improve. Instead they began using these money’s against the ranchers.

They bought all the rest of the ranchers in the area out with they’re own grazing fees. When they offered to buy my dad out for a pittance he said no thanks and then fired them because they weren’t doing their job. He quit paying the BLM but, tried giving his grazing fees to the county, which they turned down.

So my dad just went on running his ranch and making his own improvements with his own equipment and his own money, not taxes.

In essence the BLM was managing my dad out of business.

Well when buying him out didn’t work, they used the iendangered species card. You’ve already heard about the desert tortis. Well that didn’t work either, so then began the threats and the court orders, which my dad has proven to be unlawful for all these years.

Now their desperate.

It’s come down to buying the brand inspector off and threatening the County Sheriff. Everything their doing at this point is illegal and totally against the constitution of the United States of America. Now you may be saying,” how sad, but what does this have to do with me?” Well, I’ll tell you. They will get rid of Cliven Bundy, the last man standing on the Bunkerville allotment and then they will close all the roads so no one can ever go on it again. Next, it’s Utah’s turn. Mark my words, Utah is next.

Then there’s the issue of the cattle that are at this moment being stolen.

See even if dad hasn’t paid them, those cattle do belong to him. Regardless of where they are ,they are my father’s property. His herd has been part of that range for over a hundred years, long before the BLM even exsisted.

Now the Feds think they can just come in and remove them and sell them without a legal brand inspection or without my dad’s signature on it. They think they can take them over two borders, which is illegal — ask any trucker. Then they plan to take them to the Richfeild Aucion and sell them. All with our tax money. They have paid off the contract cowboys and the auction owner as well as the Nevada brand inspector with our tax dollars.

See how slick they are?

We all have seen the Federal "boot-lickers" on ATS get quite a beating on every Bundy thread so far by veteran members way smarter than me.
But if after all that whipping and READING this state of truth, you still not convinced please reply with evidence to the contrary.

Great find!

I was wanting to read a full statement and explanation from someone in the Bundy family. I felt that Cliven was probably thinking he was above having to explain his position and was a little frustrated by that.

again.....great find....that very clearly explains their point of view and the history of it all.

being in the fishing industry.....we have to pay 10% of all sales to the fisheries department. It is supposed to go to hatcheries for replenishing the rivers and lakes that are being "over fished". This started back in the 1980's and is an excise tax. It probably sounded like a good idea at the time....

but over the years....all that has happened is that the fish and wild life guys have gotten guns, nice trucks and beautiful buildings to work out of.....the fish populations have not gone up one bit!!!!

this is the problem with ALL federal programs and organizations.....they are bloated and out of control. They are spending our money on things they shouldn't and not spending our money on the things they should.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Why did she leave out the part about her ancestor giving the land to the state? Also if you check out the what the BLM does in Nevada it says nothing about building ranchers land for them. Maybe it's time Bundy sat his daughter down and told her the whole truth not just part of it.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

butcherguy
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

Add to that.... the friend agrees to heat the garage. But he doesn't heat it.

Should you pay?

No, you break the agreement and you move your stuff out of the garage.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Granite

thesaneone

The window of doubt concerning any possibility of "freeloader" label on Bundy family is over now.
"I have a whole stack of registered letters...un-opened" - Cliven Bundy April 18th, 2014.
Do you see why now?
edit on 17-4-2014 by Granite because: (no reason given)

Is that a quote by Bundy ? It's dated tomorrow.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join