It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Titanic in Color

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
For those of us interested in all things about the Titanic, here is some eye candy.

Black and white photos have been colorized, with stunning effect:

Titanic fitting out at Harland & Wolff:

Titanic's propellers:

Titanic near Queenstown:

Titanic at Southampton:

The last picture ever taken of Titanic:

I think they've done a good job with the colorization. The website these images are from also have colorized pictures of Titanic's sister ships Olympic and Britannic.

Titanic in Color

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing these. I love a good coloring job and these are wonderful.
I've seen all the pics before in b/w, but something about the last one gives me chills being colored. You can see the people on the ship, and just knowing they were unknowingly riding their coffins there. Very humbling and sad.

For some odd reason, it could just be perspective, it looks like the Titanic is very small in the last picture too. Seems the people look 'bigger' than they should be given her true size and all.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

The people on the stern seem to be the right size:

The clutter in the mid-section seems to be the life boats (cough) and other pieces of the superstructure like pipes and such.

But yeah, it is a sad picture. So much tragedy awaited those happy and hopeful passengers.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Without a doubt she was a beauty to behold. Thanks for posting.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

sarra1833
Thanks for sharing these. I love a good coloring job and these are wonderful.
I've seen all the pics before in b/w, but something about the last one gives me chills being colored. You can see the people on the ship, and just knowing they were unknowingly riding their coffins there. Very humbling and sad.

For some odd reason, it could just be perspective, it looks like the Titanic is very small in the last picture too. Seems the people look 'bigger' than they should be given her true size and all.

The newer cruise ships dwarf the Titanic:

new topics

top topics

join