It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who's the Better President ? Obama vs. Bush

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ScientiaFortisDefendit

George Carlin had a way with honesty and words that apply to this time in history that cannot be perfected. Worth quoting over and over.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
They both suck. Probably will tie for worst President ever.

This is like asking whether you want to be fried or boiled to death. If you had to pick one... - um, no. I'm good, thanks.

But OTOH, who in their right mind WANTS to become POTUS? Like Jesse said - they spend millions of their own (and other people's) money for a $100,000/year job with an absolute, no-refunds, guarantee of being raked through the muck, tossed aside, and then held up as a scapegoat for whoever comes next.

Idiotic.
edit on 4/17/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Your basically asking what more edible between a smelling moldy turd and a stale pile of vomit.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by rickynews

The only purpose of the post is to present a comparison of both President's track record after their first term in office, and let the ATS community express their views. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Heavily biased post at that. had to double check your profile posts to make sure of the bias-ness.

The amount of lives lost under them? this alone Probably make the other comparisons useless.
Amount of wars started?
The main reason for the whole 2008 economic collapse? building up the current huge debt ?

If you want to do some comparisons, do it properly.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Montana
reply to post by QueenofSpades

So you are saying where the country is at now is a good thing?

I am having difficulty believing anyone thinks that. If we are not in a good place now then having the same end result is demonstrably NOT GOOD. If the two major parties are not providing good government (and to me it is obvious they are not) then the only options are to change those two or give power to a third or fourth. The Ds and Rs have shown that they are very resistant to change.

Therefore my stance is to give power to someone else that is less entrenched.

Why does this concept- one that has been used many times in the history of the Unites States upset you?

No. I absolutely do not think where we are is in a good place. I was explaining that the two different party systems are different because of the way they each feel on HOW this country will prosper. Conservatives feel that a strict interpretation of the constitution is best, while liberals feel that a broad interpretation; hence the terms liberal and conservative.

I was trying to combat this notion that "both parties suck" that many Americans have, and its usually a result of not understanding American Politics

I am a PROUD conservative by the way, even though many peers beleive I should not be, because I am black.

I love my country and I love politics. Just trying to help others do the same.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
It's black and white.

(black or white ?!?).

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I have to say that I just threwup a little in my mouth.

Both are Progressives. Difference being one was a coal train, the other is a rocket ship. Both are taking us to the same destination.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

minusinfinity
It's black and white.

(black or white ?!?).

Its actually white and a shade of gray.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

luciddream

The only purpose of the post is to present a comparison of both President's track record after their first term in office, and let the ATS community express their views. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Heavily biased post at that. had to double check your profile posts to make sure of the bias-ness.

The amount of lives lost under them? this alone Probably make the other comparisons useless.
Amount of wars started?
The main reason for the whole 2008 economic collapse? building up the current huge debt ?

If you want to do some comparisons, do it properly.

The OP provides Facts. Perhaps an inconvenient truth for some, yet not for others. Either way, facts are facts.
edit on 17-4-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

MOMof3

George Carlin had a way with honesty and words that apply to this time in history that cannot be perfected. Worth quoting over and over.

Oh, definitely agree with Carlin on everything but his opinion of religion. Saw his live show once in the 80s. My cheeks were sore for a week.

My point was about the deflection, rather than addressing the obvious.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

So you feel that anyone who doesn't agree with your interpretation of American politics is ignorant about politics? That says a lot to me right there. But really this conversation has drifted away from the intent of the OP which was to show how much better Bush was than Obama. So I will let it be now. Nice talking with you.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Montana

So you feel that anyone who doesn't agree with your interpretation of American politics is ignorant about politics? That says a lot to me right there. But really this conversation has drifted away from the intent of the OP which was to show how much better Bush was than Obama. So I will let it be now. Nice talking with you.

Attempts to distract attention away from truth, facts and reality is fairly common, especially when said truth, facts and reality conflict with either (i) what one wants to believe, (ii) what one wants others to believe (iii) when Reality meets Fantasy

Indeed, it has been said ..."when the truth and facts are not on your side, try and change the subject".

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

nice bunch of stats. You're still just choosing the best of 2 bad eggs

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

ScientiaFortisDefendit

MOMof3

Oh, definitely agree with Carlin on everything but his opinion of religion. Saw his live show once in the 80s. My cheeks were sore for a week.

My point was about the deflection, rather than addressing the obvious.

I often thought George Carlin was funny too, but I wouldn't vote for him to be The President of the United States of America.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Proclamations of not having an agenda when starting threads fall on deaf ears after a time as well. You have provided SOME of the facts Relating to SOME of the issues and attempt to draw definitive conclusions from those limited facts. Even my kids can see the fail there. No matter how you look at the facts (in as complete a way as possible) both administrations were and are very similar.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

In Obama's defense, Bush never had to be president after Bush.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

True but could you imagine being president after Obama?

It's like jumping head first into a pile of #.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
The "both suck" thing is typical ATS, but its not quite that simple. They both suck in different ways. Each one is "better" for another group of people and other agendas.

Take Crimea for example: Bush would have been in there in no-time, whereas Obama predictably won't intervene. Now which one is "better"? That's very difficult to tell. TIME will tell. If Putin leaves it at that, then non-intervention was good. If Putin does not leave it at that, then non-intervention was bad. But no President can possibly predict it with certainty. The whole expectation that the President is some kind of super-human that can fix things for them and if he doesnt then he "sucks" is childish and much less sophisticated and enlightened as ATSers claim to be.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Montana

Proclamations of not having an agenda when starting threads fall on deaf ears after a time as well. You have provided SOME of the facts Relating to SOME of the issues and attempt to draw definitive conclusions from those limited facts. Even my kids can see the fail there. No matter how you look at the facts (in as complete a way as possible) both administrations were and are very similar.

"Agenda" is a strong word, and not accurate regarding this OP. Do I have my political opinions, or even political leanings ?
Of course I do, just like many here in the ATS Community have as well. Based on your reply, its probably fair to assume you also have personal opinions and political leanings as well ? And I, in no way, either fault you nor anyone else whatsoever for your political opinions or loyalties.

As such, our personal or political opinions do not change facts, for which affords all of us the opportunity to evaluate and determine their level of importance. And so I sincerely invite you, and anyone else that wishes to provide and post credible facts (please - relating to the topic of Economy and who is the better U.S. President), and post them for all to consider.

Perhaps its high time to cut through all the noise, and simply evaluate past and present leaders based on actual facts and credible data, and not on misguided personal or political allegiances and leanings. I don't see how doing so can hurt us somehow....

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Who gets to choose the facts?

See my signature...

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join