It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who's the Better President ? Obama vs. Bush

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by rickynews

I think a more fitting question would be;

Is America better off now than it was?

MURCA!

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by QueenofSpades

Their policies are derrived from these interpretations.

My fluttering rear end. They both see it as an object of demolition period.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I have a pretty good understanding of US politics.

I also have an understanding that what the two major parties SAY means absolutely nothing.

They pass the same laws. They violate the constitution in the same ways. They involve us in the same wars. They are owned by the same money. When people continue to vote for the same parties they will continue to get the same results.

What is indicative of political ignorance is believing that what things are SUPPOSED to be has anything to do with reality.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

The Economic Data and Facts clearly show a difference in the effectiveness of each respective President, specifically as it relates to the U.S. Economy, does it not ?

edit on 17-4-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
that's like asking 'which turd smells worse?'

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

No, it simply shows a continuing of the same failed policies. We were headed down during the previous administration and we just kept going.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

In order to address this question properly and in order to follow the TOC and make every post count, I am required to write where not a lot is necessary. Therefore my answer based on the uselessness of either party or president or politician for that matter is;

WHO CARES!

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

bobs_uruncle

In order to address this question properly and in order to follow the TOC and make every post count, I am required to write where not a lot is necessary. Therefore my answer based on the uselessness of either party or president or politician for that matter is;

WHO CARES!

Cheers - Dave

I would suggest that the American People care, since economic conditions in the United States have a direct effect on the short and long term future of the nation.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
That's a tough one
I think they both suck.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Neither...

If you consider that both play(ed) a key role in the destruction of America.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Oops. Double.
edit on 17-4-2014 by PurpleVortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

rickynews
Let's have a look at Obama vs. Bush, and a Economic Data Comparison after each President's first term in office.

What we find across the Key Economic Measurements, is that Mr. Bush has significantly outperformed Mr. Obama in the following areas:

JOB CREATION:
Bush: 104,000 fewer jobs than when he took office
Obama: 970,000 fewer jobs than when he took office

U.S. UNEMPLOYMENT RATE:
Bush: 9.3%
Obama: 14.4%

U.S. UNEMPLOYMENT DURATION:
Bush: 17 weeks
Obama: 34 weeks

U.S. LABOR FORCE PARTICIPATION:
Bush: 65.8%
Obama: 63.7%

NUMBER OF PEOPLE ON FOOD STAMPS:
Bush: 25 million people
Obama: 47 million people

NUMBER OF PEOPLE RECEIVING DISABILITY BENEFITS:
Bush: 7.2 million people
Obama: 9 million people

U.S. GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT
Bush: 9.4% increase
Obama: 5.39% increase

U.S. NATIONAL DEBT:
Bush: $7.6 Trillion (roughly 64% of GDP. about $26,000 per person)
Obama: $16.4 Trillion (more than 100%. about $52,000 per person)

Data Source Link: www.caintv.com...

edit on 17-4-2014 by rickynews because: format

Is this a trick question?

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Facts:
In 2008, there were 66,882,230 (million) Americans who voted for and elected President Obama.

In 2012, there were 65,917,258 (million) Americans who voted for, and re-elected President Obama.

Question: Based upon the Economic Data and Facts, is this the "Hope and Change" ...or the "Change We Can Believe In" ...or the the Moving "Forward" results that the majority of Americans voted for?

Election Results Sources:
2008: uselectionatlas.org...
2012: www.infoplease.com...
edit on 17-4-2014 by rickynews because: Added Election Results Sources

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Seriously, you think this matters anymore?

It's a big club, and you ain't in it. You and I are not in the big club."
~George Carlin

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

No need those numbers to know the current guy sucks.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I've never seen people on ATS agree so much! Mutual hatred is a beautiful thing.
They are/were both horrible.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Montana

I have a pretty good understanding of US politics.

I also have an understanding that what the two major parties SAY means absolutely nothing.

They pass the same laws. They violate the constitution in the same ways. They involve us in the same wars. They are owned by the same money. When people continue to vote for the same parties they will continue to get the same results.

What is indicative of political ignorance is believing that what things are SUPPOSED to be has anything to do with reality.

So then I guess what I am asking is why is having the same end result bad?

Unless you are pessismistic about the intentions of all governments. In that case, perhaps this is not the best country for you to live in.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

PutAQuarterIn
I've never seen people on ATS agree so much! Mutual hatred is a beautiful thing.
They are/were both horrible.

Except when people deflect to George Carlin.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

rickynews

bobs_uruncle

WHO CARES!

Cheers - Dave

I would suggest that the American People care, since economic conditions in the United States have a direct effect on the short and long term future of the nation.

Well, if the American People cared, why haven't they charged these asshats, ALL OF THEM, with treason and sorted the problem out? What the odds no good? 150 or so million adults against a few hundred politicians? If it hasn't gone past the tipping point, it's pretty damn close. Although I agree that this effects the American People to their detriment, CLEAN HOUSE, it's not anyone else's responsibility.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

So you are saying where the country is at now is a good thing?

I am having difficulty believing anyone thinks that. If we are not in a good place now then having the same end result is demonstrably NOT GOOD. If the two major parties are not providing good government (and to me it is obvious they are not) then the only options are to change those two or give power to a third or fourth. The Ds and Rs have shown that they are very resistant to change.

Therefore my stance is to give power to someone else that is less entrenched.

Why does this concept- one that has been used many times in the history of the Unites States upset you?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join