It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who's the Better President ? Obama vs. Bush

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Let's have a look at Obama vs. Bush, and a Economic Data Comparison after each President's first term in office.

What we find across the Key Economic Measurements, is that Mr. Bush has significantly outperformed Mr. Obama in the following areas:

JOB CREATION:
Bush: 104,000 fewer jobs than when he took office
Obama: 970,000 fewer jobs than when he took office

U.S. UNEMPLOYMENT RATE:
Bush: 9.3%
Obama: 14.4%

U.S. UNEMPLOYMENT DURATION:
Bush: 17 weeks
Obama: 34 weeks

U.S. LABOR FORCE PARTICIPATION:
Bush: 65.8%
Obama: 63.7%

NUMBER OF PEOPLE ON FOOD STAMPS:
Bush: 25 million people
Obama: 47 million people

NUMBER OF PEOPLE RECEIVING DISABILITY BENEFITS:
Bush: 7.2 million people
Obama: 9 million people

U.S. GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT
Bush: 9.4% increase
Obama: 5.39% increase

U.S. NATIONAL DEBT:
Bush: $7.6 Trillion (roughly 64% of GDP. about $26,000 per person)
Obama: $16.4 Trillion (more than 100%. about $52,000 per person)

Data Source Link: www.caintv.com...

edit on 17-4-2014 by rickynews because: format

+15 more 
posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Informative,
but that's like saying one pile of dung smells better than another.
At the end of the day, they are both piles of dung.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
It's a matter of perspective and the goal at hand. IMO they both work for the same team and one has a better batting average for team TPTB
One got the ball rolling and one picked up where the other left off.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Which is better for you, a diet way to high in refined sugar or a diet consisting of all very fatty foods.

I don't think this is off topic

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
U.S. UNEMPLOYMENT RATE:
Bush: 9.3%

Prove me that one please.

The seasonally adjusted unemployment rate, based on the American Housing Survey, started at 4.7% in January 2001, peaked at 6.2% in June 2003, and retreated to 4.6% in May 2006;

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

reflectionsofarationalrepublican.com...
edit on 4/17/2014 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
It absolutely blows my mind that there are still people who believe there is a difference between the Republicans and Democrats. They are so similar they are on the same side of the coin. Wake up people! We need to go in a new direction!

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by rickynews

I personally wouldn't defend either of these men. They are of the same breed of puppetry. We do not elect leaders any more. We put people into office that do the bidding for others far more powerful than the "leader of the free world". What a joke our politcal system has become. I didn't know one person that was a "Romney" fan during the republican primaries but he won hand over fist. Then, he goes on to have a debate against the incumbent where a gerbil would have bested Obama that night - and loses the election. I have never seen somethng as embarrassing as Obama was that night. Yet, we elected him and people here defend him as if he's a great leader. I'm having my doubts as to if we'll ever have a great leader again. Will probably take a revolution because greed runs this country. We're all just branded livestock.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
One left a mess for the other to clean up and instead of cleaning it up, created another mess.

So what's the difference?

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

rickynews
What we find across the Key Economic Measurements, is that Mr. Bush has significantly outperformed Mr. Obama in the following areas:

Fedgov has been systematically manipulating government produced statistics for at least 30 years. When the statistics show failing performance, they simply change the composition of those statistics.

Of course, now we know that major swaths our economic system are manipulated by Wall Street, our mafia government and the central banks. The very notion of "too big to fail/prosecute" is a pointer to corruption beyond anything that has come before.

Even attempting to do a realistic comparison between the regimes of these two freakin' criminals is a waste of time.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Both were (are) bad for the country. Same stuff ... different wrapping paper on the outside.
Kerry wouldn't have been better than Bush. Romney wouldn't have been better than Obama.
They all equally suck.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

What the hell ? What do you like better ? Ricin gas or cyanide?

I mean honestly one called for a janitor to clean up the puke.
And when the janitor got there? He went face first right in to the
puke. Their both gross.

edit on Ram41714v032014u47 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
bush versus obama?
That's funny!

Same pancake, different side.
I'm guessing you didn't put any thought into your thread, or you just like to argue.
Hard to find any points worth arguing over when you want to compare those two. It's like choosing whether to die in a house fire, or a car fire.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

They both are terrible and the next one will be just as bad.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Who's the better President?

Better for who?

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

nugget1
bush versus obama?
That's funny!

Same pancake, different side.
I'm guessing you didn't put any thought into your thread, or you just like to argue.
Hard to find any points worth arguing over when you want to compare those two. It's like choosing whether to die in a house fire, or a car fire.

The only purpose of the post is to present a comparison of both President's track record after their first term in office, and let the ATS community express their views.
edit on 17-4-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Funny how the Left tends to slump all negative things together when Obama clearly is viewed as the worst president.....

I also detest when American citizens call both parties trash and other negative comments, claiming that the parties are one in the same.

This is indicative of political ignorance.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

QueenofSpades
Funny how the Left tends to slump all negative things together when Obama clearly is viewed as the worst president.....

I also detest when American citizens call both parties trash and other negative comments, claiming that the parties are one in the same.

This is indicative of political ignorance.

Elections have consequences....

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Bush has the blood of over a million people on his hands. None of the stats you gave accounts for that. So with that being said they are both equally worthless leaders. Like asking would you rather be kicked in the nads or punched in the nose.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

The only purpose of the post is to present a comparison of both President's track record after their first term in office, and let the ATS community express their views.

Well in that case? Damn good thread.
SnF

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Montana

If the "coin" is to have a futile and prosperous America, explain how this sameness is bad.

When you understand the American political system, you begin to understand why there are 2 parties, and there ways if interpreting the Constitutuion. One has a "liberal" interpretation of it, where they interpret it broadly and feel it can be changed and do not see it as a strict, binding document. The other has a "conservative" interpretation, where they feel it should be taken as the forefathers intended, with a more narrow interpretation.

Their policies are derrived from these interpretations.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join