It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Egyptian Glyphs found in Australia could rewrite history

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Bulgandry

Spike did live in Gosford during the time frame, just not full time. His wife had died of cancer, his mistress had a child and he was suffering from bi-polar disorder. He found that Australia provided a relaxing environment for him to be in and escape from everything so he would return to the Woy Woy area often. He only lived in Sussex while he was working on active projects. Someone who isn't in the area full time would explain why it took so long for all the glyphs to be completed.

The glyphs started showing up in the 70's per Alan Dash which was right when Spike had finished saving Riley's Island. During that time period (mid 70's to early 80's) he made regular trips to Tunisia, Libya and Egypt and that is actually how he ended up with his cameo role in "Life of Brian". The glyphs stopped showing up around 1983. Guess what: Spike found the love of his life in 1983 and was married to her until the day he died in 2002. he rarely returned to Australia after that.

I got the Spike Milligan connection when I visited the area in 2008. I was doing a coastal drive/camping trip from Melbourne to Brisbane that took me right through Woy Woy up the coastal highway. Until that time I had never even heard of the glyphs, but a local told me I should get out there to see "Spike's best joke". So I was there for all of 24 hours and heard the connection, before I even knew there was one to be made. You say you haven't heard that one before? I didn't go see the glyphs (because I wasn't going to drive and hike to see fake stuff) and didn't hear about them again until around 2010 (on these forums actually) and that is when I did some research to unearth the Beverly Spiers connection, where he was stationed in the war, the time frame that he was there etc.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
An interesting theory no doubt and I did put some thought to this and it is tantalising when you think of it , I could imagine a startled NPWS officers face when he caught Spike Milligan carving away , it would also explain why this guy was let off and not charged , I have always wondered the about the validity of the " old mentally handicapped Yugoslavian man " story as told by the NPWS
No one who lives in this area and I know a long time local can figure out who that guy was if he was from the area to begin with.
I don't recall hearing about Spike being the culprit though maybe once but I quickly dismissed it , and there are no readable accounts I can find but it is a good theory among the many I have heard
Read what you will of this letter from Spike here
Like I said before I doubt he is the culprit for a few reasons one being that he respected the land enough not to do this kind of thing in a National Park but he was a crazy bugger so I wouldn't put it past him.
Secondly right behind his parents house is Blackwall Mountain which has hundreds of places he could have used without having to travel miles away , he often wandered around up there bird watching
You would have to visit the site to see all the glyphs and then imagine how long it would take to actually carve all these things because to imagine that this is the work of one person you would begin to question their sanity !
As long as we agree the alien overlords of Egyptians didn't do it I'm fine with what you say lol
Cheers

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Bulgandry

Yeah, years later when I found out how crazy people were about them it made me regret not making the detour. I definitely don't think it was anything other than a prankster :-) I hadn't read the student theory until last year and after reading more about it on your page I could see that as a big possibility.

<< 3  4  5   >>

join