It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans are the new indian's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Russell Means is now gone, but his words have really started to hit home now more than ever IMO.
How far will it all go until its too late to fix it?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Americans are the new Indians...

Well, the NATIVES always said that the land wasn't theirs and that they were just the caretakers. It was the incoming hordes of greed that put up the fences.

Payback is always a bitch I guess.

Peace

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

trig_grl
Russell Means is now gone, but his words have really started to hit home now more than ever IMO.

www.youtube.com...

Perhaps if people would like to start Equating themselves to Native Americans, its best they at least get the terms right.

For a moment I was staring at the title thinking India?

2nd, perhaps we should wait for the "Manifest destiny" forced relocation, small pox blankets, genocide, forced indoctrination to Catholic beliefs, etc That the Natives faced before making that comparison.

Baring that, what we see is just Par the Course for those with power when they start to disregard the rule of law due to the Apathy of the people.
edit on 17-4-2014 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

benrl

trig_grl

www.youtube.com...

Perhaps if people would like to start Equating themselves to Native Americans, its best they at least get the terms right.

2nd, perhaps we should wait for the "Manifest destiny" forced relocation, small pox blankets, genocide, forced indoctrination to Catholic beliefs, etc That the Natives faced before making that comparison.

Baring that, what we see is just Par the Course for those with power when they start to disregard the rule of law due to the Apathy of the people.

I dunno despite the OP's political uncorrectness he may be more correct about Americans being the new Indians (as in India). America is rapidly developing a caste system where the barrier to lateral movement is "open" to anyone, but really has become so insurmountable that it really isn't open at all. Keep in mind, we already have two justice systems in play, the have's justice system and the have-not's justice system. So the OP was right all along, he just didn't know what he was talking about (we certainly aren't the next Native Americans since we haven't been treated anywhere near as badly).

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Krazysh0t

benrl

trig_grl

www.youtube.com...

I dunno despite the OP's political uncorrectness he may be more correct about Americans being the new Indians (as in India). America is rapidly developing a caste system where the barrier to lateral movement is "open" to anyone, but really has become so insurmountable that it really isn't open at all. Keep in mind, we already have two justice systems in play, the have's justice system and the have-not's justice system. So the OP was right all along, he just didn't know what he was talking about (we certainly aren't the next Native Americans since we haven't been treated anywhere near as badly).

Yes all we need is for the working class to be labeled as untouchables.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
not to be disagreeable OP
when there are only a few hundred thousand north americans left...
in fema camps
then maybe the comparison will be accurate
edit on Thupm4b20144America/Chicago23 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Krazysh0t

I do not disagree that the US seems to continue to ignore its internal and external laws, in regards to Rights, Treaties, etc.

However, the news is filled with enough Hyperbole, no need to add to it, the situation is confusing enough with out people resorting to rhetoric on all sides.

All that is needed, is a concentrated effort by the populace to Unite, vote smartly, etc.

Continue to bring attention to the issues, but by doing so better than the level of the MSM.

Thats the route that makes Activist are Terrorist, The Russians are suddenly Nazi's, etc.

Call it what it is, the US is trampling the constitution and there are several logical arguments as to why the comparison to Natives a weak one.

But your right, its just nit-picky of me to expect better.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I think you misunderstood my post. I was using the OP's ignorance and saying that his comparison is valid if read LITERALLY, but not so much if the word indian is a slang term for Native Americans. I was comparing America to India's caste system.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I suppose it depends on how you are defining "Americans." If you are talking about people of white ethnicity. I can't exactly agree, but if you are talking about people who are culturally, by allegiance and/or by birth American and thus subject to the laws of the country, then I think there is a point. Legal American is whole other caste with a whole other set of rules than Illegal American.

Just look at college tuition for one example: The Legal resident who live in the state pays a different rate than the Legal resident who lives outside it, but the Illegal resident pays the same rate as the Legal state resident even though they aren't even a Legal citizen. The Legal out-of-state resident gets screwed.

top topics

join