It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flu Treatment Tamiflu Exposed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Well it has finally come out, the results of clinical trials for Tamiflu, and its not pretty. Roche (Big Pharma) was contracted to produce a treatment to save the world from the dreaded flu pandemic and it appears they released a placebo, a very expensive placebo. Governments spent billions stock piling and marketing campaigns to support a drug which has little to no effect according to the Cochrane Collaboration.

What the Tamiflu saga tells us about drug trials and big pharma
www.theguardian.com...

Today we found out that Tamiflu doesn't work so well after all. Roche, the drug company behind it, withheld vital information on its clinical trials for half a decade, but the Cochrane Collaboration, a global not-for-profit organisation of 14,000 academics, finally obtained all the information. Putting the evidence together, it has found that Tamiflu has little or no impact on complications of flu infection, such as pneumonia.

That is a scandal because the UK government spent £0.5bn stockpiling this drug in the hope that it would help prevent serious side-effects from flu infection. But the bigger scandal is that Roche broke no law by withholding vital information on how well its drug works. In fact, the methods and results of clinical trials on the drugs we use today are still routinely and legally being withheld from doctors, researchers and patients. It is simple bad luck for Roche that Tamiflu became, arbitrarily, the poster child for the missing-data story.

. . .

So does Tamiflu work? From the Cochrane analysis – fully public – Tamiflu does not reduce the number of hospitalisations. There wasn't enough data to see if it reduces the number of deaths. It does reduce the number of self-reported, unverified cases of pneumonia, but when you look at the five trials with a detailed diagnostic form for pneumonia, there is no significant benefit. It might help prevent flu symptoms, but not asymptomatic spread, and the evidence here is mixed. It will take a few hours off the duration of your flu symptoms. But all this comes at a significant cost of side-effects. Since percentages are hard to visualise, we can make those numbers more tangible by taking the figures from the Cochrane review, and applying them. For example, if a million people take Tamiflu in a pandemic, 45,000 will experience vomiting, 31,000 will experience headache and 11,000 will have psychiatric side-effects. Remember, though, that those figures all assume we are only giving Tamiflu to a million people: if things kick off, we have stockpiled enough for 80% of the population. That's quite a lot of vomit.

Roche has issued a press release saying it contests these conclusions, but giving no reasons: so now we can finally let science begin.

-FBB
edit on 17-4-2014 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

edit on 17-4-2014 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 202

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I always had my suspicions. Tamiflu was a 'reported cure' for Influenza (not a vaccine).

To my knowledge, there have been exactly zero pharmaceutical cures for viral infections discovered by science.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Tamaflu helps stop the replication of the virus. That helps people build up resistance to fight the flu by giving them more time to get up and running. It will do nothing for complications like pnemonia. It will not help people who have a compromised immune system, it only helps healthy individuals. It is not for that but I suppose the company producing it made us think it does that so they could boost sales.

White Pine needle tea does the same thing. It slows the replication of cells, it is not good for pregnant women though because it slows the replication of the cells in the child also. Drinking pine needle tea also slows our cells replication, it is a medicine not something you would use every day. It is high in vitamin c though. It is a medicine that is free.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

rickymouse
Tamaflu helps stop the replication of the virus. That helps people build up resistance to fight the flu by giving them more time to get up and running. It will do nothing for complications like pnemonia. It will not help people who have a compromised immune system, it only helps healthy individuals. It is not for that but I suppose the company producing it made us think it does that so they could boost sales.

White Pine needle tea does the same thing. It slows the replication of cells, it is not good for pregnant women though because it slows the replication of the cells in the child also. Drinking pine needle tea also slows our cells replication, it is a medicine not something you would use every day. It is high in vitamin c though. It is a medicine that is free.

Right you are, I should change the title.

-FBB

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Snarl
I always had my suspicions. Tamiflu was a 'reported cure' for Influenza (not a vaccine).

To my knowledge, there have been exactly zero pharmaceutical cures for viral infections discovered by science.

I am not saying Tamiflu works, but HIV, has certainly had milestones reached in treating that virus. So much so it can be undetectable in blood tests after treatment. I have seen very sick people with months to live rebound almost 100%.
edit on 17-4-2014 by kurthall because: added

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by FriedBabelBroccoli

Honestly I can't say I am surprised. The power of the mind is something else! Many people can take a placebo and cure themselves because they think it is a "cure".

But at least this information is coming out for the public to realize what is actually going on! Big pharma just in it for the money, like I said before they don’t care about you, me, or anyone else. Just about the dollars and cents they can profit by making useless “cures”…..This is why I always tell people to be mindful and investigate things of this nature….Just because the doctor’s call it a “cure” or a vaccine, doesn’t mean they actually know what it is either….They are told what it is and just run with it.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I think that we have made a grave mistake in allowing these huge corporations free reign in our medical system.....
The amount of fraudulent medicines produced, and the cost of them has been multiplied many times over because the profits are so high.......
Research for humanity should be regulated further by government, who must take a larger role in policing this kind of robbery.....
There is ample reason to take these corporations over lock stock and phoney medicines.....
No private outfit should be allowed to play these games.....
The suspicion that the drug companies have been cheating us is now well confirmed....there should be billions of dollars in fines for these heartless bloodsuckers, and jail terms for the culpable.......

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Snarl

A chemical contained in Strawberries, fresh or frozen, helps build the specialized T-cells that fight viruses. They do make us a little susceptible to bacteria and fungi though as they signal our bodies to create virus fighting at the expense of microbe fighting. So make sure you incorporate foods in your diet that kill bacteria and fungus, poultry seasoning and some Italian spices work well along with some some types of fats, including some specific saturated fats. Seems that our ancestors incorporated these seasonal diet changes into their traditional eating practices. A good strawberry smoothy during flu season may help. Also, stuffed turkeys contain poultry seasoning and garlic bread goes good with spaghetti which contains oregano. A good strawberry shortcake for desert made from frozen locally grown strawberries is also a treat we used to eat.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Probably some of the most insightful information I've seen on these boards. Making the body prepared is an art that's been lost over time.

Thank you for sharing what you know.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Snarl

The only thing it cured was the company's stagnant stock price, I'd bet.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
There was a reason why they reported that the antivirals for flu were only helpful if they were given to you extremely early on in the infection. They prevented the flu from being as bad as it otherwise would have been by interfering with the course of the virus and the amount of virus, making your infection less painful and severe to deal with and helping your immune system fight it off sooner.

They would potentially reduce the numbers of hospitalizations from direct, viral causes, but most secondary complications of flu are bacterial in nature, certainly the pneumonia you get usually is. Those are opportunistic infections that gain a foothold in a weakened system where they otherwise wouldn't. An antiviral wouldn't do anything with them just like an antibiotic isn't going to do anything to help get rid of your flu.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Here is some interesting information that just popped up. It is about virus replication and Ginseng. www.sciencedaily.com...

Now, I don't have any Korean Ginseng, but I do have a few ginseng plants growing in the woods on my land. There are only a few of them, but maybe enough to take one someday and make some tea for special occasions like the flu. I'm going to do some research on how to dry them properly, flu season isn't exactly in the time that I can go dig them up because they are covered with snow. I only have a few in the woods and wouldn't want to jeopardize their survival by selling them. There is quite a bit up north from here, they harvest them every summer. I can get some from some people I know that pick them I suppose.

I suppose the Pharma companies will be figuring a way to make this chemical into a pill to profit off of it. I suppose Arizona Iced tea prices will go up now.
edit on 21-4-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: FriedBabelBroccoli

I took it for two days in i think 2009, the media had scared me with talks of susceptibility to a particularly nasty type of flu, maybe swine flu. The side effects were dreadful, i decided that i would rather take my chances with flu. nasty stuff and I am not surprised at the results of this study

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Here is some interesting information that just popped up. It is about virus replication and Ginseng. www.sciencedaily.com...

Now, I don't have any Korean Ginseng, but I do have a few ginseng plants growing in the woods on my land. There are only a few of them, but maybe enough to take one someday and make some tea for special occasions like the flu. I'm going to do some research on how to dry them properly, flu season isn't exactly in the time that I can go dig them up because they are covered with snow. I only have a few in the woods and wouldn't want to jeopardize their survival by selling them. There is quite a bit up north from here, they harvest them every summer. I can get some from some people I know that pick them I suppose.

I suppose the Pharma companies will be figuring a way to make this chemical into a pill to profit off of it. I suppose Arizona Iced tea prices will go up now.

hi R
try virginnia creeper root ( only the root! ) ...a very quick acting common ginseng family tonic
same leaves as the ginseng, but it is a creeping climbing vine like plant

also elderberry juice seems to work very well
edit on Monpm4b20144America/Chicago54 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I've started taking daily ingestions of Oil of Oregano and wild Geranium extract along with Vit D and Zinc. No colds symptoms and I feel great but allergies are insanely bad this year in TX and I've had sinus issues for 4 weeks now.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TXRabbit

Allergies suck, I use liposomal vitamin C and also coconut oil up my nostrils, works great too.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: toastyr

I appreciate the info. I'll check it out

top topics

join