It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RT: Snowden asks Putin LIVE: Does Russia intercept millions of citizens’ data?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
So Snowden just happened to be callin' in?

source

This seems a bit odd ?

...snip...
Putin revealed that Russia uses surveillance techniques for spying on individuals, but this is “only with the sanction of a court order.” He added that “this is our law and therefore there is no mass surveillance in our country.”

There was plenty of joking by Putin, who began his answer to Snowden by saying, “You are a former agent or spy. I used to work for an intelligence agency, so we are going to talk the same professional language.” He concluded by adding with a smile that he hopes that Russia will never have the same kind of uncontrollable surveillance as America and this is unlikely to happen as “Russia does not have as much money to spend on this as they do in the States.”
...snip...

edit on 17/4/2014 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by kloejen

I believe this is no different than reporters asking our own PotUS questions. I'm sure it's all done the way Putin wants it to be done. I don't believe for one minute that Russia is any different than the US in this aspect. To me, it shows by the way Putin worded the answer. It's not a direct answer, and it leaves room for interpretation.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by kloejen

Unbelievable, literally.

There was plenty of joking by Putin, who began his answer to Snowden by saying, “You are a former agent or spy. I used to work for an intelligence agency, so we are going to talk the same professional language.” He concluded by adding with a smile that he hopes that Russia will never have the same kind of uncontrollable surveillance as America and this is unlikely to happen as “Russia does not have as much money to spend on this as they do in the States.”

So, can't afford to look at the logs created by default by all computer systems but, can set up a permanent moonbase?
edit on 17-4-2014 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by StallionDuck

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Snowden didnt just "happen to call in". Its staged to make Putin look like a really cool guy who is "not afraid to answer tough questions". Its a hilarious gimmick of PR and Marketing and nothing to do with honest politics.

This coming from an ex-KGB agent. The KGB was the greatest mass-surveillance operation in History (before NSA came along).
edit on 2014 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Hahaha

2:43 mark (raising eyebrows)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Skyfloating
Snowden didnt just "happen to call in". Its staged to make Putin look like a really cool guy who is "not afraid to answer tough questions". Its a hilarious gimmick of PR and Marketing and nothing to do with honest politics.

This coming from an ex-KGB agent. The KGB was the greatest mass-surveillance operation in History (before NSA came along).

I am pretty sure you are abolutely correct on that assumption - prearranged to the bone!
However Putin's answer was quite vague...

Still an epic moment thou

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

kloejen

Still an epic moment thou

Yeah, its good entertainment. Putin is good at that.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Ah......King Vlad has spoken ....it must be true.............

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I wonder how much we as Americans pay in taxes every year to be spied upon. Just for all the data centers and supercomputers electricity and cooling and people to maintain it all. Probably more than some countries spend on their military.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Skyfloating

I would have to disagree with that KGB being the greatest mass-surveillance operation in history. When it comes to the spy states I think the top three have always been:

USA, UK, Israeli. And before them Nazi Germany. In fact, Nazi Germany further enhanced the intelligence programs of the USA, UK and Israeli after WWII.

If the KGB really was the greatest mass-surveillance operation in history then the USSR wouldn't have crumbled and it would have been much better at winning the Cold War. The sole reason that the USA maintains it's world status is directly related to what the CIA and NSA have been doing over many, many decades.

This Snowden/Putin thing is nothing more than propaganda, but I think we all know that.
edit on 17-4-2014 by WCmutant because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by kloejen

Ya just happened to call in........Snowden it turns out is a traitor. So many believed him including me. Sad day to see a so called "Hero" be used by a tyrant for propaganda.

I will say it again Snowden is a traitor. Hopefully after is all said and done he will face the American legal system and get what he deserves.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

StallionDuck
reply to post by kloejen

I believe this is no different than reporters asking our own PotUS questions. I'm sure it's all done the way Putin wants it to be done. I don't believe for one minute that Russia is any different than the US in this aspect.

Spot on and because it's Russia people spot it so easy because they are looking but when it comes to news at home they are not looking and just don't see it.

I like Snowdon and Putin but sure it was pre planned.

Data returned from a Google search is also misleading the public but it's not quite so easy to spot even when you are looking because of the way it is being done.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

SubTruth
reply to post by kloejen

Ya just happened to call in........Snowden it turns out is a traitor. So many believed him including me. Sad day to see a so called "Hero" be used by a tyrant for propaganda.

Yes I got took in by all the 9/11 stuff and wanted to nuke all the Muslims myself

I will say it again Snowden is a traitor. Hopefully after is all said and done he will face the American legal system and get what he deserves.

if you are looking for a traitor who told the american public that they were all being spied on then that's up to you but I would first deal with those that think they have all got away with a false flag attack on 9/11 first.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by kloejen

Not a fan of Putin but at least their country cared enough to ban GMOs.
edit on 17-4-2014 by amfirst1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
It appears the Snowden question was pre-recorded. Then RT bomb-dropped it on Putin in a live Q&A, it appears. How more sensational can you get?

From that to concluding that "Snowden is in cahoots with Putin".. baffles me. Can someone explain ?

Rather funny to see how the interviewer is almost hiding under his chair, when trying to explain the question in russian... hmm

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

WCmutant

I would have to disagree with that KGB being the greatest mass-surveillance operation in history. When it comes to the spy states I think the top three have always been:

USA, UK, Israeli. And before them Nazi Germany.

I insist the KGB was...but toward their own citizens instead of the world...which is why they didnt succeed.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: kloejen

Of course Russia has no intention of annexing Crimea....

oh wait....

Yes - The FSB most likely collects more than their American counterparts.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
It has to be a staged interview. I can't imagine Putin allowing ad-hoc questions. I'm disappointed in comrade Snowden. In fact, I believe he is now a Russian asset.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Snowden's a hero, I don't care what anyone says about him. If it weren't for him Americans would have no knowledge of the atrocities and unconstitutional tyranny of PRISM. I think this whole Russian Crimean thing was set up by Putin, but in cooperation with the west, so they could have someone to demonize and Putin could have Crimea, it's a win-win situation. The US government gets the people off their back, Putin gets to expand his territory, and meanwhile the UN, NATO, and the US can jump up and down yelling 'bad! bad! bad!' without having to actually do anything and at the same time making themselves look good, because all world leaders now-days are pansies and liars and pampered spoiled oligarchs with a monopoly on freedom.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join