It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

List of people who disappeared mysteriously

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Wikipedia has a List of people who disappeared mysteriously since before the 1800s.

I'm guessing the list contains notable people only, as many more people disappear every year without a trace.

-MM
edit on 17-4-2014 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Not exactly sure what the point of that list is on there. Because while the more current, (1970's and up) don't all seem to be famous people, your right, there are thousands that are not on there.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by MerkabaMeditation

This is something that I have wondered about in the past, especially when a close friend's husband disappeared at the Millennium.

There has been no trace of him whatsoever. In fact it was only 7 years later when she had the right to make a claim against his pension that suddenly all hell broke out. A completely disinterested and somewhat rude police force suddenly decided to look into his disappearance. They even bothered his Mother who is in her late 80's and his son who was very close to his Dad and only 13 when he went, about where he was, causing them both considerable distress. After 7 years, they expected my friend to provide his hairbrush for dna purposes. I wouldn't dare write what she said to them over their sudden concern especially as money was now involved. Had they made any effort to trace him when he actually disappeared they would have collected dna then.

However once you get over the so-what attitude of the police, you are still left with a number which should be looked into, especially when it appears to be a phenomena that stretches around the world, I would love to see the figures for the missing on a country and world-wide basis to see if it is something we all should be concerned about, which I rather suspect it is.

Of course there are people who go missing and then turn up but something in my mind says,people are disappearing, it could be at an alarming rate because we don't seem to have any department looking at the figures and pulling them together for the world.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
the theme of this thread reminds me of this video ...
i feel people should be made aware of this video, as it possibly highlights a pattern of disappearances, of sinister origin .. and if there is a bigger picture to it, then it could easily have went un-noticed, and each individual case just written off as a 'missing person' ..

www.youtube.com...

Please don't be put off by the title ... it has absolutely nothing to do with rapture, or any religious connotations (if memory serves correct) ... but purely conveys the scope of more recent disappearances around certain parks or something ..

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
if you want to read about strange disappearances i would recommend reading David Paulide's books Missing 411. Incredibly easy to read and extremely disturbing...

Missing-411 is the first comprehensive book about people who have disappeared in the wilds of North America. It’s understood that people routinely get lost, some want to disappear but this story is about the unusual. Nobody has ever studied the archives for similarities, traits and geographical clusters of missing people, until now. A tip from a national park ranger led to 3+ years and a 7000 hour investigative effort into understanding the stories behind people who have vanished. The book chronicles children, adults and the elderly who disappeared, sometimes in the presence of friends and relatives. As Search and Rescue personnel exhaust leads and places to search, relatives start to believe kidnappings and abductions have occurred. The belief by the relatives is not an isolated occurrence; it replicates itself time after time, case after case across North America.

The research depicts 28 clusters of missing people across the continent, something that has never been exposed and was a shocking find to researchers. Topography does play a part into the age of the victims and certain clusters have specific age and sex consistency that is baffling. This is not a phenomenon that has been occurring in just the last few decades, clusters of missing people have been identified as far back as the 1800’s.

The manuscript for the research was extremely large so the story was split between two books, Missing 411 Western United States and Canada and Missing 411 Eastern United States. The Eastern version will be released in late March and will include a list of all missing people in each edition and a concluding chapter that draws both books together for conclusions.

Some of the issues that are discussed in each edition:
• The National Park Service attitude toward missing people
• How specific factors in certain cases replicate themselves in different clusters
• Exposing cases involving missing children that aren’t on any national database
• Unusual behavior by bloodhounds/canines involved in the search process
• How storms, berries, swamps, briar patches, boulder fields and victim disabilities play a role in the disappearance
• The strategies of Search and Rescue personnel need to change under specific circumstances

edit on 17-4-2014 by CallmeRaskolnikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by CallmeRaskolnikov

I was announced by the Government that just here in Norway, several hundred children are in Norway without parents to seek assylum, disappear without a trace every year - 275 children are still missing since 2010. Norway is a tiny country with just 5 million people, where could these children have gone to? Child trafficing? Child sacrifice? It's not like a child can travel in Norway or crossing our borders without someone noticing. I'm very concerned about their fate. If just one of these children were Norwegian, blonde and blue eyed, then every rock would have been turned by the authorites to find them, and every newspaper would have written about it - it's sad to see how racist western countries are.

Source

-MM

edit on 17-4-2014 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MerkabaMeditation

wow, that's incredible in a terrible way. it looks like they are actually keeping track of the missing children over there and allowing it to be public where as in the US the national parks department claims that they "don't keep records of people who have gone missing from national parks".

its truly scary to think about where all these kids wind up.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
cloths in a pile!
sounds like the body Tele-ported away.

what if the people have suddenly develop't the power to teleport.
and most end up in space or the ground?
some are found alive far off.
and dont remember how they got their! teleport !

or aliens did it.
if humans are doing it.
some one would see some thing!

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaMeditation
reply to post by CallmeRaskolnikov

I was announced by the Government that just here in Norway, several hundred children are in Norway without parents to seek assylum, disappear without a trace every year - 275 children are still missing since 2010. Norway is a tiny country with just 5 million people, where could these children have gone to? Child trafficing? Child sacrifice? It's not like a child can travel in Norway or crossing our borders without someone noticing. I'm very concerned about their fate. If just one of these children were Norwegian, blonde and blue eyed, then every rock would have been turned by the authorites to find them, and every newspaper would have written about it - it's sad to see how racist western countries are.

Source

-MM

Their parents very often send the kids to their home country to study quran.
They travel by car through Sweden and Denmark, so most of them leave Norway unnoticed.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   

2014 interview with David Paulide. Fascinating and frightening cases of missing people.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Ivar_Karlsen

That sounds highly unlikely considering the time and money it takes for a assylum-seeking child to reach a European country. Why would they send the child back when they have reached their destination, after all this effort that might have taken years? Also, there are no evidence that this is the case, if you have sources that says otherwise then please post them here.

-MM
edit on 18-4-2014 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   

a reply to: Ivar_Karlsenif you have sources that says otherwise then please post them here.

My Sources are UDI and the Norwegian police.

Many of those so called children are adults with no identification documents, as an airline captain i have first hand experience with that when they end up glogging our on board toilets with their id documents.

When the asylum application is rejected, they go to another country to try there, so that's why they disappear without a trace.
The Norwegian borders are wide open.

it's sad to see how racist western countries are.

The moment you pulled the racism card Your agenda became clear.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaMeditation

I just spent some time reading your Wikipedia source article, pretty interesting. This entry stood out though, at least in a comedic sense:

Jim Robinson (84), a former professional boxer notable for his bout with Muhammad Ali in 1961, disappeared from the Overtown district of Miami. ESPN and autograph collectors have failed to locate him.

Images of hordes of autograph collectors, banding together on weekends to search the fields and rivers.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Wikipedia has a List of people who disappeared mysteriously since before the 1800s.

I'm guessing the list contains notable people only, as many more people disappear every year without a trace.

-MM

And please explain the point of the thread? I was expecting you to elaborate!!

You didnt even mention one name or person in your OP???

Just pointed us to WIKI via a link!!???

The point?

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaMeditation

Something invisible is eating us.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I think a lot of missing persons wind up murdered and in shallow graves.

Think of all the huge expanses around the world...China, Russia, USA, Canada, Australia.

There must be hundreds of thousands of poor souls who were offed and buried in some remote spot.

Even in little old England you occasionally hear stories of someone digging a garden, or workmen laying foundations who find human bones and it turns out to be a missing person from 50 years back.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: projectbane

Of course there is a point to the post. Let me answer your question with a little Easter riddle:

A tortoise lays on its back and its belly baking in the hot desert sun. You see that it's beating its legs trying to turn itself over - but it can't, well, not without your help that is. But you're not helping, why is that?

Empathy and joking aside, it's all about Riddles. A mind that does not ask Why is a dead mind. And what happens at Easter? Sacrifice! What happends to some of these missing people? Are they sacrificed by some occult group? Why do I care enought to make a post? Is it empathy? The riddle above? It's an emphaty test from Bladerunner. Now do you see the Full Circle (there are probably about five other conspiracy theorists in the world going "Hah" right now from that last sentence
)? What did the pagans believe when it comes to Easter? Why do we call something that is hidden an Easter Egg? It's riddles like that keep me up at night. We should keep asking questions, that is what the post is about.

-MM

edit on 19-4-2014 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Scary thought!
In the UK 275.000 people disappear every year, that is like the whole population of Plymouth (SW UK) vanishing.
Many leave by themselves, many are killed.....and morgues in the country have a thousand bodies waiting to be identified. Children are a high number of those people that have disappeared. 71% of 13-17 missing are girls, but they usually come back after a few hours or days. Most children that disappear in the UK are from single parents families and have no siblings.But men predominate the statistics: a staggering 73% of missing people are male aged 24+.

Some, like teenage girls, come back quickly...some come back after a couple of years. Some have been killed. Some trafficked. But there are still thousands whose disappearances don't make sense, and the mystery about them is never solved.

And that is a scary thought, cause we live in a society with CCTV cameras everywhere, GPs, Pin numbered cards, social media......etc...how can people still vanish?

Good thread!

a reply to: Night Star

Thank you for sharing that video, hopefully I'll be able to watch later on.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
From Wiki...

1845 – Franklin's lost expedition, with more than 100 seamen, made last contact with a whaling ship before entering Victoria Strait in search of the Northwest Passage. Although the remains of some individuals were later discovered, the majority of corpses were never found, and the exact reason for their demise remains a mystery.

This one has been solved and, aside from the tragedy of over 100 people dying, it actually is quite humorous. The expedition was one of the first to use canned supplies as a mainstay of its' food source aside from that fresh meat they could kill. Problem was, those early cans were sealed and held together by lead solder. The expedition suffered mass lead poisoning which caused all sorts of weird hallucinations and behaviour, they found that they had packed the most useless bric a brac on their sleds for their attempt, including a writing desk.

As for Easter? Almost certainly derived from the Mid European Goddess Eostre, every single Christian festival is merely an old pagan festival dressed up in new clothes.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Wow definitely puzzling and scary! I will have to watch the video posted...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join