It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Going to attempt this again, only without the banter: A schools answer to bullying and why your chil

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
The only way to deal with a bully is physically.

If you can't win the fight, use your teeth. no such thing as "dirty fighting".
edit on 4/17/2014 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I think that all "innocent bystanders" are as much to blame as the bullies themselves. To many times we have all seen someone being picked on and done nothing about it. I really think that the most effective way to stop bullying in school is if EVERYONE stands up to the bullies.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
This is just liberal thinking. I teach my kids the exact opposite. If a bully messes with my kids, they will have to fight them(I have no doubts). A bloody nose or a black eye can put somebody in their [place real quick. That's how I stopped a guy from bullying me in Jr High. No one ever messed with me again because they knew they would have to fight me.

Liberals have ruined America, IMO. This coward way of thinking is teaching kids to not stand up for what is right. They will just be good little sheep.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
KIds used to stick up for each other. Now, they pull out a cell phone to record it. Both my sons have dealt with it. Simple rule.

1. If a bully touches you, step back, and then tell them to stop. Once.
2. If they touch you a second time, hit them as hard as you can and do not stop till they are not moving. I have taught them, if the aggressor is larger, go for the eye sockets.
3. I will never be mad at you son/daughter if you defend yourself.

If it is verbal, try to leave or get away from the situation. To me, verbal is kids being kids. Physical bullying can only be dealt with in one way.

Same thing happened when I was a kid. There was a 5th grader who bullied us all. One day, I turned around, popped him in the mouth and he bled. He cried. After that he was labeled a cry baby.

99% of the time the bully will simply stop. The 1% will suddenly be in another school....

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Rule #1 - Learn how to fight

It's not rocket science folks.

One thing I simply can't comprehend though is today's generation of parents with school-age kids have got to be the biggest pussies in parenting history. I mean, wasn't this the generation of "go outside and play all day, ride bikes without helmets and do stupid # on your Big Wheels" ? You'd think their kids would be handled a little differently

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
We do not live in the same world as when we were in school. Kids these days will gang up on one another and use weapons of all sorts. Sure there are still bullies , but most of the time now it is certain clicks bullying instead of individuals. Much harder to combat.

However, me personally , I am trying to teach my kids street smarts when dealing with other people. Know your surrounding, know the click or individual that is bothering you. Should you just pick the loudest one and put him down and risk the buddies jumping you. Should you just walk away to fight another day. You see there are too many situations that you can find yourself in. I want my kids to understand when is a good time to fight and when is a good time to run. If we fight then make damn sure you make him understands that he was wrong to oppose you and preferably do it where the teachers can not see it. My kids also understand, never start it but always finish, always!

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
This is going back a ways, but when I was a freshman on the first day of school, I was getting choked out by a senior who had me off the ground and pinned to the wall. He was twice as big as I was. Right before I passed out, in desperation, I kicked him in the nuts as hard as I could. He went down like a ton of bricks. I then proceeded to kick him in the face until his teeth ricochet off the wall. Right before he passed out I grabbed him by the hair and told him that if he ever touched me again I would kill him. I got sent to the Dean’s office. HE was an ex marine. When I explained what happened he said, “nice job” and sent me back to class. The guy was on the football team and I thought for sure that I was going to get my butt handed to me by his friends for the rest of the year, but they never bothered me after that.
My dad didn’t even have to pay the kids dentist bill.
Like I said, this goes back about 37 years to be exact. Times sure have sure changed, and not for the better. If that happened in today’s environment I would probably be arrested and thrown in jail, maybe even charged with a hate crime.

I have a ten year old that was getting bullied on the bus. The bus driver wouldn’t do anything so my son ended up punching the kid in the throat….no more bullying. I’m not saying violence is always the answer , but it could be in a lot of cases.

edit on 4/17/2014 by Sparky63 because: speeling sic

edit on 4/17/2014 by Sparky63 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Where's the list of rules to hand out to the bullies?
Where's the list of rules for the teachers and school staff to PREVENT and address bullying?

Why is it the responsibility of the victim to have to follow certain rules? This reminds me of something told to women:

Don't wear short skirts.
Don't go out after dark.
Don't go in alleys.
Don't try to be attractive.

In both cases, there's one rule: Learn self-defense.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I always forget about the boy I punched in the nose. I was so little, probably 4 or 5, and a neighborhood kid kept picking in me. My parents managed the community we lived in, but all my mother told me was to punch someone in the nose if they kept it up. She didn't step in and use her position (which would have made it worse). I don't remember the circumstances surrounding the incident, only that I remember him swinging down from the monkey bars and my fist meeting his nose. Maybe he was actively bullying me at that moment, maybe not, but he never bothered me again.

My oldest daughter, 7, recently had an incident with a friend of hers that was being ugly to other girls,who are less privileged than this little girl.... Saying things like "you don't brush your hair, your clothes aren't cute". My darling baby, who is very empathetic, took the initiative to tell her to stop, and that she wouldn't be her friend if she kept saying mean things. I monitored the situation as best I could, which continued with " you won't be invited to my birthday party" kind of banter, but it diffused and is fine now.

I think too many parents try to step in and diffuse it "peacefully", when the kids may need to do it themselves. I'm not saying parents shouldn't step in, but they should see if the kids can sort it out (unless, or course there is violence, or more advanced forms of bullying, which also too common anymore).

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

I agree with what you did. I also believe that everyone's experiences while in school or growing up is what makes them who they are today. I honestly believe the world is making this bullying thing more than it is. If you don't like someone because they push you around or pick on you then take care of it. I know some kids think they can not deal physically with someone who is bigger and stronger than they are. I have seen it first hand that it doesn't matter. I teach all my kids how to fight. My parents gave me my first set of boxing gloves when i was about six. I never had a problem in school lets put it that way. I have since then had three boys and one girl and they have all had boxing gloves on their hands and none of them have had a problem more than twice. Kudos
to you sir for standing up for your self.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
The best way to deal with a bully is to kick them in the groin then repeatedly stomp on their face when they're down.

In my humble opinion.

Hmmmm....

I do believe that would be in violation of:

Rule #1: Refuse to get mad.....yeah right
Rule #5: Do not attack......LMAO
Rule #6: If someone physically hurts you, just show you are hurt, do not get angry.........BS rule like #1
Rule #8: Don't be a loser......no problem, that's why I'm kicking azz!!

So basically we would have to throw the book at you!!

The only ones you complied with is
Rule #3: Don't be afraid
Rule #8: Don't be a loser

Oh yeah, I want you on my team!!!!!

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago
reply to post by G0v0D47

OK starred you for listing some of what you obviously meant for us to look at. Do you think these are bad guidelines? They sound pretty ridiculous to me. Guess they came from the PC leftist "Can't we all just get along?" community.

Personally I'd tell my kids to defend themselves and then show them how. Lunch pail to the head comes to mind.

That's what I told my 7th grade son, when he told me he expects to get bullied in high school, cause he's super smart, in band, in the "smart class".....He told me, he plans on defending himself, I told him, damn straight!! He's not bullied now, not since a kid got expelled in 2nd grade for pushing him out the front door and his head hit the concrete. If that kid didn't get expelled, I was going directly to the police dept., cause at that point, I had it with that certain bully...2nd grade or not! Parents need to start teaching their kids EMPATHY.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Rule #9 is a joke. Have they seen society today? Every grievance group out there makes a habit of screaming at the top of their lungs every time someone offends them. So much for laughing it off an not getting "hooked" by an insult or perceived insult. I think they should practice what they preach.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join