It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anyone else disgusted by whats happening in the world?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I am disgusted by all that happens, namely this globalized financial terrorism that some still refer to as "capitalism" and all its implications. However, I still have hope. I think we are all awakening and want change. Not polticians' at election time change, but a real, profound CHANGE of paradigm. It's only a matter of time until there's a critical mass of people and change will happen in the form of abolishing central banks/predatory lending/abusive interests, massive debt, regresive tax systems, democracy in the workplace...Those things for starters.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

its called the kala yaga, and very soon it will be cleansed by flame!

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   

A So called World that has taken 2014 years to perfect Greed, War, Hatred and non-civilised behaviour.
A World in which those at the top go to high class universities to perfect the skills of looking after number one.
A World that has spent Billions searching Space to find yet another Empty Planet , But still cannot find a Lost Aeroplane.
Some world,

Happy Easter

I feel truly Disgusted when I look into the future to see what sort of promise such holds for our Grandchildren, our Sons and Daughters, our Neighbours and a growing generation to whom Employment will be History.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
I find myself often disgusted when i read news stories of judges imprisoning young people for ridiculous amounts of time over practically nothing, stories of war, reading what people actually think and believe. It disgust me.

Whats wrong with humans, whats wrong with people? I dont get it...There is something deeply wrong with the way people think and act. Its almost as if we are an experiment seriously gone wrong.

Is it fluoride, the education system, greed, sheer stupidity? Is there really people who are intelligent enough to perpetrate a massive multinational conspiracy? Sometime i think that humans are to stupid to even consider.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I understand what you are saying hubby and I talked about this thread last night. TPTB and all the rest of stuff we like to blame on the state of the world.

Like others have pointed out these things have always been around.

and what finally came to my mind is this verse from the Bible. "darkness" and "wickedness" are the key word's here...I believe that is where all the evil comes from.

Ephesians 6: 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.

I would tell my granny about something that happen to someone that was really bad actions on their part and my granny would say, "sometimes the devil just gets into someone."

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: steaming

That's my deepest concerns and fears as well. What is going to become of it all for my children and their children? It's a paralyzing question that I try very, very hard not to consider. I've raised my children to be empathetic and compassionate beings that are not easily influenced by media or peers. I raised them to walk sideways through the crowds. Sometimes I worry that I made a mistake because the world seems to be growing more and more intolerant of difference. That kind of sounds funny in a world where tattoos and weird piercings are becoming more prevalent; however, a personalized appearance can be just an illusion of difference and a niche in a market from which someone can still profit. What will become of my children in a world of homogenized thought?

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Karlos

YES. Disgusted. Disappointed. Confused. Puzzled. Annoyed. And sometimes hopeless (sometimes).

I dont get it. I dont understand it.

You WILL.

In reality, Earth is the true proving-grounds...

All of us have a specific purpose and NONE of us is here by accident.

Recently I watched 3 films that had some some deep answers to real questions very similar to yours.

"The Encounter" is about five strangers who find themselves stranded at a mysterious diner with a man who somehow has all of the answers to their problems.

Jesus: Everyone dies, Nick, but not everyone needs to fear death. If you abide in me, you'll be stepping free from this fallen world and into glory.

Melissa: Is that what heaven's like? Glory?

Jesus: It's more than glory, Melissa. It's peace and love and joy. Can you imagine living in the fullness of the warmth of God's light? There are no words in the human vocabulary that can describe it. It's a place where there is no suffering.

It's a place where every tear is wiped from your eyes. There's no sadness. There's no pain.

"The Perfect Stranger" is based on the novel, 'Dinner With a Perfect Stranger' by David Gregory, 'THE PERFECT STRANGER' tells the story of Nikki, a troubled attorney who one day receives a mysterious dinner invitation from a man claiming to be Jesus of Nazareth. Throughout their evening of conversation, arguments and spirited debate, Nikki learns things she never knew about life, the universe, and most importantly, herself:
(Sequel to this film is here BTW)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crystalwolf
I'm disgusted how people treat one another. I also don't like how people treat animals. Animals shouldn't have to suffer because humans think they are superior to the world.

Yes it is quite strange how those that class themselves as the 'top of the food chain' are then the only ones on the food chain that need all these synthetic foods to stay at the 'top of the food chain', despite all that natural food available underneath us on the food chain ????

The irony is that every other animal "below" us on the food chain has a better understanding of their role on the planet than we ever will !

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

That is ....unnerving.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I believe these are the birth pangs of something far worse or better depending on how you perceive it. It is worrying that governments are lawless and beginning to look upon citizens of their own countries as enemies/terrorists. At the same time people in these countries are beginning to embrace immorality and lawlessness. The two combined should make you think about a self defense plan.

It never ceases to amaze how in totally different people from totally different backgrounds that little pieces of wisdom and sayings have stuck with me to build my character. One of these was from a time I was in jail. This one guy had a saying that I love to this day, which originated from politicians and there love of kissing babies for photos when they were in trouble. They saying was "kiss the baby." It basically means when things are looking bad it's time to start putting your best foot forward. Or it also means it's over for you. Maybe this applies here somehow? The signs are beginning to show. I feel like this was all written in a book along time ago. It appears as if this world is about to change greatly in the next 20 years. Maybe not in a good way. But no one ever listens to the religious wackos. Gotta be aware of how others perceive us and all. Meh. My perception is when the evidence for G-d becomes unavoidable, thats when He will show Himself. It's very sad but uplifting in the same moment. One of the strangest feelings. Up and down at the same time.

As a side note, I love irony. And the sentence "Sometime i think that humans are to stupid to even consider." is such a wonderful example. Thank you for that. Don't be depressed. We might not all think. But some of us still love.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Thank you. Ill check these out on the weekend. no time after work.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Yes what's wrong with people lately!!!

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   
The whole system is corrupt, the further you go, the further you realize its not the system you once thought as a child.

How people act over selfish natures and tendencies rather than for others.

How people would rather live a selfish life, than die knowing they helped others.

People are so de-sensitized now it just shows when people don't care about pay cuts etc and nobody stands together.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join