It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anyone else disgusted by whats happening in the world?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

chiefsmom
I agree that we humans today, are in a very sad state.

But I've been thinking a lot about technology being partly to blame. The less we have to interact with each other, face to face, we seem to lose all the communication skills, and emotions like compassion, that make us care about other individuals.

It is just depressing.

Take a look at ancient histories blood sacrifices and child sacrifices and fanatic rulers...it is forever the same. Humans stink.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Yea, you said it! I'm trying to do the same with my family. I have however started to stop looking at the negative (not that you can actually stop looking) but more so to limit it, let's be honest you need to stay up to date what if a SHTF scenerio actually occurred?

So, I try to (keyword "Try") to focus more on the positive, and the positive changes one individual can have on there individual life and family. Doesn't always work but if you keep an eye on the negative all the time, you start to display that behavior.

Anyway, good luck everyone, the facathta gets deeper every day and sooner or later a splatter effect will occur.

Best regards,

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

I get where you are coming from onequestion,its hard to see a way of getting civilization back "on track" when there is so much chaos and darkness in the world.
We just have to make the best of it,remember there are people doing good as well,and hope we have time to turn things around.

That said,I have a theory that we are screwed-My theory applies the 2nd law of thermodynamics to human civilization:

The second law of thermodynamics states that the entropy of an isolated system never decreases, because isolated systems always evolve toward thermodynamic equilibrium, a state with maximum entropy.
This law is applicable to any isolated system involving measurable heat transfer.

Humanity/civilization/planet Earth is an isolated system.
It involves measurable heat transfer.
Chaos and disorder will therefore increase until we reach thermodynamic equilibrium.
This cannot be changed according to the 2nd law.

I really hope my above theory is easily debunked...

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
With all the hate, greed, and violence in the world I really don't feel like I'm a human. I figure I might have a birth defect which makes me not want to oppress or kill others.

Despite our outward appearances these days we're savages on a savage planet in a reality that is unconcerned with our existence.

I don't have any answers as to why. This savagery has helped give me an atheist outlook on life. I refuse to believe we have eternal souls that go to some fantasy land where everything is always perfect and we all behave nicely if our current condition is any indicator.

Its bad enough that my parents stuck me here but I will not be making the same mistake and force somebody else to experience the world we live in. Hope that doesn't offend those with children in the audience.
edit on 17-4-2014 by Frith because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

woodwardjnr
So a thread full of people blaming other people for the way the world is. It's always someone else's fault isn't it? Projecting the darkness onto others as if no darkness existed inside of you.

I agree with you, there is something wrong and no matter where you look from today to the first records of history you will see the same.

Beaten slaves, war, power hungry leaders, hunger, torture and pain.

Think of every society in history, the untouchables in India, the masters who abuse slaves in every society the parents abusing the children around the world. It is beyond race, beyond what government, has nothing to do with borders! It is in each of us and even the animals are not what they are supposed to be, now lastly we see the planet itself corrupting.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Frith

I believe we get such negative mindsets from the way we have deviated so far from what most of our ancestors did.
We are genetically programmed Hunter gatherers.We lived fine for untold millenia as hunter gatherers,then its suddenley industrial revolution time,and everything changes-
All those millenia of hard coded survival traits are surpressed by the modern rat race,crammed into an office to work,high speed tin cans to move about in,concrete boxes to live in,less interaction with mother nature,less respect for the gifts of the earth.Everyone out to take,not to share resourses.

Damn right thats gonna mess us up.
We just were not made for this thing we call modern "civilization."

Sure we think we have adapted to it,and we have on some level,but overwriting many thousands of years of traditions so fast is bound to have an effect IMO.

edit on 17/4/2014 by Silcone Synapse because: sp

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
In my career I see it all the time i've watched a child molester get a personal recognizance bail while some one with a driving record gets years in prison.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Well... it's bad, but when one reads some history, it has been so much worse.

We humans are flawed... we're too smart animals (whether created - mutated/evolved or whatever.. same dif) faced with knowledge of our personal (or mass) extinction and a growing awareness of our relative insignificance in a huge, dangerous, old universe on an often hostile, unforgiving world... no wonder many of us react with selfish nihilism or cling to feel good fables where we are coddled by a powerful father figure.

But we have a concept of innate human rights now (and that will grow to rights for all living things) and a sense of justice and fairness... that is a relatively recent development.

We also have a growing awareness of the fragile state of our environment and our place in it... and that's definitely something new.

As our knowledge grows, our time to contemplate and appreciate grows, too, and a more common wisdom will come... if we can survive the current mess we've created.

So I see it as a race against the extinction clock... will we beat it or not?

And it's always been a struggle by those with vision against the bullies that dwell at the top of the power structures of our societies... who are, in turn, empowered by the ignorant masses who only know their personal economic struggle to exist (in a system devised for this very result).

Some battles against evil are won, some are lost... every day... but the "good" is gaining slowly.

We notice the bad because good is boring... but good happens at least as often as the bad. It's all perception (and brain chemicals).

So in my estimation, it's pretty bad... and going to get worse due to lack of consensus... but boy, it could be so much worse! And there is certainly hope...

edit on 4/17/2014 by Baddogma because: predictive spell check boo-boo

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Remember Star Trek Insurrection when Donna Murphy tells Patrick Stewart that they had abandoned technology as they believed that every advance in technology took away a part of man's humanity. I believe that this is what is happening today. I also believe that the advances in media technology exposes us to constant appalling acts of humanity and we humans cope with this by suppressing and building psychological walls to protect ourselves. This makes us cold and blunted to what goes on around us, an example being road traffic accidents where people rather than help the injured start taking photos on their iphones and uploading them to FaceBook (sick!).

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by earthblaze

It raelly saddens me to see people standing about filming on their phones when someone else is getting hurt-this is a weird yet prolific modern phenomena-everyone in their own little digital world,easy to watch and film people getting hurt through your mini phone screen,pre desensitized to violence through decades of TV.
Almost like you are filming a TV movie right?

Put your phone cameras away and help each other.

The normal reaction to seeing a person hurt in ages gone by would be to help them,not watch them suffer-thats how we have got to this point as a species.
Lets not throw that away.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Throw 7 billion humans in the mix and it's quite a pickle.

That's 7 billion (and growing) thoughts 24/7/365 - 7 billion versions of the world and what's going on in it.

For a small example - each person on this one website has their own thoughts on what is good and what is evil - and surely you see the never ending rabble here.

Throw politics/geo-politics in there and you've got a never-ending tug of war between always-fluctuating thoughts on how the world should be.

We want it "this" way or "that" way and if it's not "our" way we fight to get it "the way we want it" instead of "the way they want it" when "we" means people that agree with you and hardly the "others".

7 billion ideas of morality and what's wrong with the world coming out of the minds of mortal animals that have relatively short life spans which only perpetuates the tug of war because we always have relatively short memory spans.... that's a pretty good reason why it never ends and never gets better (well "my" version of better lol). IMO (and probably controversially) I think nationalism only makes it worse. We're stuck in "tribe" mind and are convinced we are "modern humans" simply because of all the "stuff".

It does look like a big quarantined zoo pen the more you look at it.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
"life is what you make it"
I so agree with that and i look around and see just so many that don't care in school, past jobs, and just society in general.
...So simply it's the people in this world to blame for the way the world is and yes i hate what i see more than my vocabulary allows me to express. But, "there is a thin line between love and hate". So, when a major movement is set up I may not be the first one there but i will be there. Maybe out of hate but only because i want to love it. Good post. may honer be a thing of the future.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Well, as vague as I could be, yes. The world is in a perpetual state of disintegration. It's never going to get "better". When you factor in the unstable psyche of humanity, you're going to get a mess that can only be measured in points of stupidity.

It's not that I lack the faith in humanity, it's actually that I have perfect faith that humanity will continue to fail. All other beings on this planet have intelligence, respect, and honor for their home.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Yes it is disgusting! BUT, do NOT give up! That's what 'They' are trying to do. They are trying to get us ALL in a negative mood and lose hope, for their plans to work! Stay positive and spread that to everyone you can! A MASS Conciousness shift can and will occur. Question is, which way do You want it to go?
Syx.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Good question, Onequestion !

Sometimes I am, sometimes I ain't. I think it depends on what I've read or seen or learned at that moment in time.

I always think that life is absolutely amazing. But it's the way we live it that sucks. Very early on, we are programmed to fit into the mold. When we are young, we want to change the world. And then the world changes us.

So I'll just say that, at times yes, I am disgusted by what's happening in the world. Definitely.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

BO XIAN
reply to post by wrathofall

INDEED.

The 7 deadly sins . . . running rampant . . . particularly outrageously among the PTB.

Have been beyond disgusted for more than 30 years. Somewhat more than 45 years.

Started studying these blokes

twoday.net...

around 1965/66.

JFK was 1963, IIRC . . . and I knew even with his SElection that things were very corrupt at the top. With his termination, murder . . . it really sank in. Then my Univ library job left me having to deal with extreme left to extreme right materials to prepare for the Special Collections patrons. And the picture became clearer though still quite muddy and complex.

Now they are brazen. And they seem in a race to fulfill the Biblical prophecies about a one world government in our era resulting in the literal worship of the literal satan incarnate as the one world government leader.

Thankfully . . . the real Armageddon is scheduled as his imprisonment and the evil doer humans being removed from the planet wholesale.

It's the massive deaths and bloodshed between now and then that's dreadfully sobering to contemplate.

Thankfully, THE KING IS COMING . . . and WILL set all things to right as they were intended originally.

People can call those those of us that happen to believe what the Bible said about the end-of-days "Bible-Thumpers" but I do believe we are headed for what Revelations said would happen! I remember talking to a pastor (he wasn't a nut job either) and we were talking about the world and I was saying I don't see how it could get much worse! He said "My friend, it will get a LOT worse. You will soon see the Soviet Union dissolve, as it must in order to align itself with our enemies. You will see according to the Bible, children turn against their parents and even mothers killing their own! Bad will be seen as good and good as bad, Christians will be attacked, the government will be torn apart, there will be more and more wars, there may even be another American Civil war as the government tries to take away state and individuals rights, The weather will get worse as will earthquakes and other natural disasters!" He went on and on like he was reading from today's news, he even said "I'm not a prophet, I am simply telling you these things are going to happen, Revelations was written for these times, the next 30 years are going to just get worse and worse!"
I thought he was kinda off a bit but what he said is happening almost to a "T"....
Call me a Bible-Thumper if you want but we can't deny what he said is coming true!
Oh, the conversation was in 1980!
edit on 17-4-2014 by wulff because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I'm constantly disgusted by the world.

The one that really gets me is the cruelty to animals. I don't know what it is, and i don't know why, but i always get so much more angry when i hear stories about animal cruelty than i do when i hear stories about human on human violence - I guess most humans bring it on themselves and more often than not have done something to deserve it.

I mean, a lot of violence in the world doesn't really phase me too much - More often than not, it's two groups of equally in-the-wrong people fighting each other.

There's just too much wrong with the world for one thread though, this is a forum subject in itself:

The way humans treat other humans.
The way governments treat it's people.
The way humans treat animals.
The way humans treat the Earth.
The way religions treat other religions.
The way one race treats another.

Humans quite frankly are the most horrific, cruel, violent, greedy, psychopathic species that has ever lived.

Sadly it will never change until a big asteroid hits the Earth and wipes us out as a species. All i can do in the meantime is hope to leave the people's lives I've been in a little happier, and leave the places I've been a little better.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I understand how you feel but don't let it mess with your heart or your mind. Yes,most people are disappointing and most of them won't change their ways but...if you'll let that affect you you might start thinking that everyone is rotten and you'll be unfair to people who don't deserve it. You'll become like the people who disappointed you to begin with.
Have faith to people,there are some who keep up fighting the good fight and there are others who were bad and yet truly changed. My opinion is that that's humanity's true nature,not the rotten,distorted one.

Chin up!

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

It is easier and simpler than that: humans are inherently vicious.

But im sure that, like everyone else, you are overestimating your own species. And you would be right, its easier for the mind to believe it is needed and is the best product of evolution than a failed alien experiment that nothing in the universe would miss, would it disappear some day for some reason.

Humans litteraly love to distort reality to suit their (materialistic, selfish, ridiculous, spiteful) needs. Whether they do it consciously or not. And whether they agree or not.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

NO! Just gotten used to it now.

I / WE can't change anything anyway. Unfortunately there is an abundance of malfunctioning brains out there and lot of greedy people who are hungry for money (power) and all the while our numbers increase, by approximately 1 Billion every ten years, so too will the problem grow. Some of them CAN'T learn. Some of them DON'T WANT to learn. Blame it on what you will: Conditioning, Grooming, Education, Evolution, Spiritual Enlightenment, Subliminal Mind Control or whatever - the fact still remains... It's getting worse.

I've not had any first hand experience with any of what you have stated, though, so maybe that's why I couldn't give a toss (I've been very lucky). Maybe I would change my tune if a judge banged me up for life for lending someone my car... or a police officer tried playing games with my life.

I have never and will never suffer fools, so I'm quite glad my experiences have thus far avoided contact with them or I would be destined for a very long sentence or otherwise not long for this world.

I don't believe in POWER. I believe in FLESH & BLOOD (unless we're talking Fringe Division). Just because a human has decided that they are going to study to become a Judge or a Police officer or what ever, it does not mean they are worthy of such a position. They were not picked for the role, they wanted the "power" for themselves so they took it. If they have climbed the ladder of "success" and are willing to abuse such "power" because they feel superior then they need to be brought back down to a level where they aren't being a C##T - however high there position in society regards them.

I have read of a lot of disturbing things on this site and through other "news" sources too. I just tend to accept that Earths population has never and will never get along.
Providing there is a way of accumulating wealth, beyond others, there will always be competition for power and bad people will manage to climb into "power"; because they tend to be the ones who want to control others with said "power", for they cannot see the greater picture beyond: me, me, me. There is no interest in the well-being of others, so bad decisions will always come before justice and ethics.

I on the other hand am quite poor... I don't crave wealth. I don't will for control over others. I couldn't care less for money, I have no emotional attachment to it (other than hate). I will never be "powerful" because I don't crave the wealth that comes with it. Therefore, someone like me who likes to be fair and balanced will never make bad decision of behalf of another human because I don't want a position of authority because I don't have the controlling mannerism's that people think makes a good leader.

I have it in me to do so - I just can't be bothered because I only have about 45 years left on Earth anyway; If I am to live an average lifespan of 70.

In a way, it is good that I am the way I am or you lot would be proper ######

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join