It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anyone else disgusted by whats happening in the world?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
It seems to me, the only people not disgusted with the world, is people that are directly profiting and living well off the cesspool of corruption and greed.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

onequestion
I find myself often disgusted when i read news stories of judges imprisoning young people for ridiculous amounts of time over practically nothing, stories of war, reading what people actually think and believe. It disgust me.

Whats wrong with humans, whats wrong with people? I dont get it...There is something deeply wrong with the way people think and act. Its almost as if we are an experiment seriously gone wrong.

Is it fluoride, the education system, greed, sheer stupidity? Is there really people who are intelligent enough to perpetrate a massive multinational conspiracy? Sometime i think that humans are to stupid to even consider.

Mostly greed.

Wah wah~
My AdbXXXX thread.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
What is wrong with the world? Simple. Humans live there. n

The times we live now are no more insane, cruel, selfish, abusive, violent, greedy, and psychotic. The only thing that has changed is our ability to communicate the vile nature of species homo sapiens. But history is filled with people, systems, and societies that are fueled and exist primarily off the suffering of others and the wanton abuse of the natural world.

And it will continue until human nature evolves.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

I've given the bulk of my 60+ years of life doing all I knew to do to facilitate, bring about, foster, encourage, implement change at as many levels in as many groups and organizations as I could.

Your assumptions about my efforts toward change are simply wrong. I don't know what more I could have attempted much at all, . . . particularly very effectively.

At this point in the globalist shove of the planet down the chute toward hell . . . it is rapidly becoming the time when, as the Bible notes--when the evil rise to power, the good hide themselves.

I don't think much can be done at this late stage . . . except for preparing one's heart, mind, spirit, body, family, etc. for the descent toward chaos, blood and gore.

When and if there are still options available to do good, I'll continue to do good.

Exercises in bloody futility don't help anyone or anything.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

onequestion
Whats wrong with humans, whats wrong with people? I dont get it...There is something deeply wrong with the way people think and act. Its almost as if we are an experiment seriously gone wrong.

Is it fluoride, the education system, greed, sheer stupidity? Is there really people who are intelligent enough to perpetrate a massive multinational conspiracy? Sometime i think that humans are to stupid to even consider.

I feel you, OQ. Speaking from the perspective of being a resident of Earth rather than just an American, I'm equally disgusted.

You would think, that here in the year Two Thousand and Fourteen, that the citizens of the globe would reflect our scientific and technological advancements. We've only come halfway, we can better kill others with our tech. It is an advancement, but it's shameful. We advanced this far only to strive for better ways to kill and maim.

You would think, considering all of our knowledge across all subjects, that we would put education on a high pedestal. That we would applaud an achievement in at least understanding a concept, a method, etc. No, blessed be the Anti-Education movement. Physicists be damned, Joe Schmoe's barely rudimentary parallel is Law & True. Continuing to study and understand a subject (any subject) in higher education is BS, anyone's mediocre lightbulb moment shall suffice, even if it ignores known guidelines, rules, or all logic.

You would think, after having been around for thousands of years now, that we'd have the idea of compassion and humility down. We pride ourselves globally on greedy acquisition, and control. We take what we covet from others, generally by force. We might as well be a planet of muggers. We control the likeminded, and strive to control those we despise. The whole world is a control freak fest, every religion sinking it's festering, mangled claws in societies, gnawing the cultural flesh from it's bones in a frenzied effort to transform others into their own ideal image. We have no respect, not for nature, and not for ourselves. 7 billion people, countless cultures and religions, and we all try to dominate, no matter the pain caused by obliterating those individual identities through religious and political excuses.

You would think, with thousands of years of agricultural mastering, that we would be able to feed the world with no issues. No, food comes with strings to even the poorest corners of the world. Who cares about sharing that overflowing breadbasket cup when there is a buck to be made? Instead of getting food surpluses to people who need it, those who have it horde it. And continue to horde it, or destroy it. We're the Planet of Waste. We would rather the Haves keep or destroy excess food if it can't be bought than to actively give it to the Have-Nots. This should be deeply shameful, but it's the Have-Not's fault anyway, so screw them.

We're not yet an intellectual species, we're still just barbarians. The only difference between the barbarians that we originate from and who we are now is that today, we come with fancier toys of death. Our morals and goals have a long way to go yet. A sudden, planet-jarring event may be the catalyst, or it may take thousands more years for us to understand (really understand) but we won't know until it happens.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Yes.

Sometimes i wonder we all deserve to be on this planet, Sad really.
Maybe its time the dolphins had a go with earth and we go the way of the dinosaurs!

Dolphin Time Team (UK thing) could dig us all up in 10,000,000 years and wonder how we could be so primative yet think so much of ourselfs.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   

BO XIAN
reply to post by wrathofall

Have been beyond disgusted for more than 30 years. Somewhat more than 45 years.

Further proof that every generation has the feeling that we are "reaching the final act."

Dont get me wrong, I think we are definitely headed for some very dark days. Its hard to determine a timeline. You never know who's right until after the SHTF. (i.e. 2008 financial crisis)

That said, my paradigm remains... Humans are inherently good. The opposite will run you ragged and depressed.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by six67seven

1. One of the REQUIREMENTS for the END TIMES era to have arrived . . . was the return of the children of Israel to their God-given lands . . . 1948.

2. All other earlier era claims about the END TIMES were Biblically ignorant and bogus.

3. I believe that humans were made somehow in God's image . . . perhaps as spiritual beings with eternal souls. At this point, that's the extent of the good . . . the good was polluted with the rebellion against God's boundaries in the Garden.

4. THE LORD OF THE FLIES is a good description of the 'innocence' of children. And, I've never seen a toddler who couldn't and who didn't demonstrate rebellion and defiance at some point.

5. Yes, human individuals are wonderful creations. . . . capable of the most hideous evils. . . . and left to their own selfishness, pride, anger, rebellions etc. are plenty given to such hideousness in their relationships and when left on their own.

6. There is NO HOPE in the arm flesh. We CANNOT save ourselves. Had that been possible, Christ died in vain.

7. I think all this is somewhat an object lesson illustrating to ALL CREATION that very basic fact.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
We'll money is a big factor.

Right here in my hometown:

In 2009, a major corruption scandal dubbed "Kids for Cash" hit the juvenile justice system of northeast Pennsylvania. Two local judges had been enforcing a zero-tolerance policy for bad behavior by kids. Even minor offenses, like fighting in school or underage drinking, could mean hard time in a juvenile detention facility. Federal prosecutors alleged the judges were actually getting kickbacks from those private detention facilities. They said the judges kept the juvenile detention centers full, and received cash in return.

www.npr.org...

I can name a handful people I know personally impacted by these two scumbags and the countless other vermin hiding from the light that weren't charged. Which is why prisons shouldn't be privatized.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
One thing I will tell you as a psychologist... all these paranormal conspiracies, there is not proper evidence to convince me of them... but all these conspiracies about cruel humans... there is more than enough proof that they exist.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Nyiah

onequestion

I feel you, OQ. Speaking from the perspective of being a resident of Earth rather than just an American, I'm equally disgusted.

You would think, that here in the year Two Thousand and Fourteen, that the citizens of the globe would reflect our scientific and technological advancements......

You would think, considering all of our knowledge across all subjects, that we would put education on a high pedestal.....

You would think, after having been around for thousands of years now, that we'd have the idea of compassion and humility down.....

You would think, with thousands of years of agricultural mastering, that we would be able to feed the world with no issues.....

Apparently entirely too much thinking going on there seeing how most don't bother to think at all. They'd prefer to be told what to think.

We're not yet an intellectual species, we're still just barbarians. The only difference between the barbarians that we originate from and who we are now is that today, we come with fancier toys of death. Our morals and goals have a long way to go yet. A sudden, planet-jarring event may be the catalyst, or it may take thousands more years for us to understand (really understand) but we won't know until it happens.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
If you are disgusted now just wait. Its gonna get much worse. We're goin to war. Watch. Somebody is gonna get nuked soon. Man hasnt created a single weapon in history that hasnt been used repeatedly in wars and they got a lot of new toys to test out. The world as we know it is at an end. Doubt it'll be the end of mankind cuz we are resourceful......but a lot of people are going to be killed thats for sure. All you gotta do is read between the lines on most of the current events and you can see where the world is heading and it aint good. Last time the world was in a depression we had ww2. The worlds looking depression-esque as we speak. I wish there was something to be optimistic about but even if doom was somehow averted the future looks so orwellian that someone pressing the red button on the nukes at times doesnt seem so horrible. The future looks bleak for everyone but the rich people as far as I can tell. Once they got robots whats our purpose again? So yeah im disgusted along with you....all the way around the board.
edit on 16-4-2014 by rustyclutch because: ...

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

Yeah thats my generation and i grew up in that town lol.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

this may have something to do with it...

collectionofawesome.com...
edit on 17-4-2014 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-4-2014 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   

onequestion
I find myself often disgusted when i read news stories of judges imprisoning young people for ridiculous amounts of time over practically nothing, stories of war, reading what people actually think and believe. It disgust me.

I do agree with you in part that there are too many judges, and law enforcement officials, including the Feds, who are greedy and hungry for more, and more power and control over people. Unfortunately even some people who find themselves even if with just a little bit of power want to control others, even when such people think that "it is for the good of all". But, what I don't agree with you is the last part where you mention you think there is something wrong with people and how they think and act...

Just because people don't see the world, and don't think like you do it doesn't mean there is something wrong with them, or that they are stupid or ignorant. Such an attitude on your part shows contempt for pretty much the entire human race.

Are there bad people in the world? Unfortunately yes, but you have to think deeply on your own views on this topic because the way I read your op it seems that you would love if there were more controls/regulations on how people "think and act".

One thing is to commit a serious crime, such as murder, or rape and going after those people with the full weight of the law. Another thing entirely different is to think that "there is something wrong with how people think and act"... Do you want people to think and act like you?...

Dictatorships have formed, and still exist to this day when a group of people, or one person, decides that he/she/they know what's best for everyone, and how people should "think and act"...

You really need to take a look at your own views, and imagine if someone else who has a different view than you would think like you. That "your" views, the way you think and act "it's just wrong"...

edit on 17-4-2014 by ElectricUniverse because: errors.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   

TheProphetMark
We can SAVE this world and stop it from spiralling control. All we really need to do is to be better parents and to teach our children and their future children the consequeses of actions.

I know you made a lot of different points, but the above is the one I want to comment on.

We CANNOT save the world... People really have no control over the forces that affect the world. I am not talking about human activities causing environmental problems, which yes unfortunately it is happening, but about the changes in the climate, the increase in seismic and magmatic activity around the world, etc, etc.

There are forces at play on Earth, the Solar System, and even from outside the Solar System which all do have control over what happens on this Earth. It is not a question of if, but of when.

There will be problems in the future, either global cooling, or warming, or a large asteroid hitting Earth. Or the Earth entering deeper into the new region of space that is changing the whole dynamics of Earth, as well as other planets. Whatever it is, you can be certain that there will ALWAYS be changes that humans will NEVER have any control over.

People need to learn some humility and understand that "we CAN'T save the world". However, what we CAN do are small acts of kindness, and love to those close to us and anyone we can help. But that should always be a choice. People shouldn't be compelled to "work for the betterment of mankind", let people be individuals who have different ideals, and views. If a group of people want to work together to tackle a real problem they should be able to do so. But again, I see in a lot of people this idea that "to save the world we all MUST make sacrifices"... This leads to a dangerous road, to a road of oppression, and censorship.

If you want to help in making the world a better place start with your family, your friends, and neighbors. I can guarantee you that there is someone you know that has problems, whatever they are. Sometimes all that people need is someone who will listen to them, not someone who will dictate to them how they should think and act.

Would I love if the world was a better place, and if there was no hunger, no poverty, no wars? Of course, however I believe people should find their own way instead of being compelled "to save the world".

No human has control over what really happens to the world. Not even the rich and powerful elite.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I was disgusted in 1977 ,I have gotten much worse since then.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   
To the OPer I was thinking about this very subject tonight and was gonig to start a thread. My question is what the hell are all these people you describe thinking? Meaning it's not like some alien race hijacked our country and is now in control. It's our brothers, sisters, moms, dads, relatives, friends, neighbors working for the government and these corporations that are destroying our society, culture, freedoms what have you. Now this is in regards to America. Because I could really give a crap about the rest of the world. America used to be a beacon of prosperity and freedom. So for me it starts and ends with America and how far we have fallen as a people.

So what in the hell are all these fellow Americans that are working in some sort of government corporate role thinking? I mean yes their livelihood is tied to it I get that. We all need a job. But when are we going to say enough is enough?

Even working in healthcare I see it day in and day out. I see these doctors and I'm like really? Dont they see for the most part they are just a bunch of medicare/medicaid slave drones? I mean their entire way of life revolves around big government and medicare reimbursement. Don't cops realize how corrupt their profession is? The DEA? I mean don't we have a lot of these employees that in their private lives frequent boards like this? WTF?

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   

GreenMtnBoys
To the OPer I was thinking about this very subject tonight and was gonig to start a thread. My question is what the hell are all these people you describe thinking? Meaning it's not like some alien race hijacked our country and is now in control.

Are you sure?
also, americans, THIS IS HAPPENING EVERYWHERE
wake up and realise the whole world has been usurped by some power.

bankers? wankers? policiticans? mafia? ninja reptillian shapeshifters from nibiru with ray guns and multidimensional cookie cutters..??

i don't know. but its clear this agenda is being pushed from the top down. something is at the top pushing it...
turds don't just fall out, you have to push!

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   

onequestion

LMAO What is wrong with humans>? They are HuMan lol. Monkey see monkey do, monkey been taught everything but truth. If you really wanna know the reasons, delve into black projects within the CIA,NSA,NASA and Nazi germany real history. Humanitys been programmed to do EVERYTHING, from going to school, to blind tolerance and obedience to "authority" to how to devalue your family for the almighty dollar. Look no farther than the garbage taught and accepted generation and generation by the same twisted garbage that made this country a culprit for the new age 1984 blueprint. The real question is as always: Can you take the truth or will you turn a blind eye for the sake of your "safety".......The Real World aint sugar and spice, homies, its a graveyard of walking dead in mindless obession with mental and physical programming by greedy unsanity souls who want yall in your graves, and paying to Live every step of the way there, from birth certificate slavery to "life insurance" for a fancy box to rot in the soil. THAT IS HUMAN LIFE, unless you give up the Crowd for Reality and decide to live "off the grid"

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join