It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anyone else disgusted by whats happening in the world?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+64 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I find myself often disgusted when i read news stories of judges imprisoning young people for ridiculous amounts of time over practically nothing, stories of war, reading what people actually think and believe. It disgust me.

Whats wrong with humans, whats wrong with people? I dont get it...There is something deeply wrong with the way people think and act. Its almost as if we are an experiment seriously gone wrong.

Is it fluoride, the education system, greed, sheer stupidity? Is there really people who are intelligent enough to perpetrate a massive multinational conspiracy? Sometime i think that humans are to stupid to even consider.

+14 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Disgusted? Yes. Sad, heart broken, ashamed, appalled, mournful...and so much more. And I'm trying to raise children in this mess.

What went wrong? The seven deadly sins.

Good luck everyone.
edit on 16-4-2014 by wrathofall because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

onequestion
There is something deeply wrong with the way people think and act. Its almost as if we are an experiment seriously gone wrong.

Is it fluoride, the education system, greed, sheer stupidity? Is there really people who are intelligent enough to perpetrate a massive multinational conspiracy? Sometime i think that humans are to stupid to even consider.

I do believe that there is a concerted effort to bring about the current mindset that causes all of the negativity that you have described. I believe its like a cosmic "video game" that is reaching the final act, which has made things begin to be accelerated. The only unfair thing in this game is only one side has their Champions in the spotlight to attract followers. Hope that changes soon.
As more people become aware of the negativity surrounding all facets of daily life the tables will turn

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Sadly I'm with you. I don't watch TV at all. All my news is gotten on-line mainly here I might add. So with that said there are days I get so feed up I avoid ATS like it will make it better. Well not knowing is not caring you could say keeps me mentally stable anyways.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Not sure if it's necessarily disgusted that I feel. More likely utterly depressed. The world depresses me. Absolutely and I'd be lying if I said that there wasn't at least one or two points a day where I observe something that makes me just want to bludgeon my own head against the desk until I lose consciousness.

As to why it's like this, I'd say it's a mixed bag. Part education, part media, part stress, part selfishness and, ultimately, people being people. When I'm being really very critical, I think the reason why it's so seemingly prevalent today is because of the internet. We have a 24/7 unflinching eye on the world and all its horrors and stupidities. That's going to be jading.

+14 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
greed

the ELite have socially engineered the whole world. EVERY aspect of our lives is controlled by their SYSTEM.

i

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Yes and everyday. I even worry about how we will be leaving this World to our children. I'm actually not motivated to write a long post because there's many different aspects of this topic I could go into and I just can't be bothered with it.

So really to put it short..

It's the clothes we wear, that creates difference among people.

It's the music we listen to that changes the way we think and how we precieve ourselves in this world. I'm pretty sure Music inflates the Ego, making people blind. If you want to judge a person by what they listen to, judge what the artist writes and not the person.

It's social media sites like facebook that poses a problem due to increase narcissism thanks to Facebook and selfies, lord knows what else.

The world is in constant change, people forget that every reaction has a reaction. People need to think how things will affect society in the long run but who could have known until it was too late but it's never too late.

We can SAVE this world and stop it from spiralling control. All we really need to do is to be better parents and to teach our children and their future children the consequeses of actions.

I have no problem admitting, whoever is running this World is doing an awfully bad job about it. You can bet your butt that greed has a lot to do with them doing a bad job, because when it comes to greed a blind eye is always turned.

There's a bunch of other crap I didn't mention, I'm sure some of you will catch on and make a mention of it. That's one thing I like about ATS, there's a lot of bright outside of the box thinkers who are actually intelligent. To be honest, I would have more faith in the brightest of ATS to get together and run this planet but even the best people to do the job are not even on this most likely, I'm just pointing out I would have more faith in ATS to do it.

Good topic, has lots of potential to create a lot of diverse topics on the same this subject. It's good to see that I'm not the only one who has been thinking about this. The problem is, I wish we could do more to do something about it instead of doing nothing about it. No wonder Sloth is a sin, we are to blame ourselves for what's happening in this World.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by wrathofall

INDEED.

The 7 deadly sins . . . running rampant . . . particularly outrageously among the PTB.

Have been beyond disgusted for more than 30 years. Somewhat more than 45 years.

Started studying these blokes

twoday.net...

around 1965/66.

JFK was 1963, IIRC . . . and I knew even with his SElection that things were very corrupt at the top. With his termination, murder . . . it really sank in. Then my Univ library job left me having to deal with extreme left to extreme right materials to prepare for the Special Collections patrons. And the picture became clearer though still quite muddy and complex.

Now they are brazen. And they seem in a race to fulfill the Biblical prophecies about a one world government in our era resulting in the literal worship of the literal satan incarnate as the one world government leader.

Thankfully . . . the real Armageddon is scheduled as his imprisonment and the evil doer humans being removed from the planet wholesale.

It's the massive deaths and bloodshed between now and then that's dreadfully sobering to contemplate.

Thankfully, THE KING IS COMING . . . and WILL set all things to right as they were intended originally.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Disgusted ? No, not at all. I know humanity is lost with out it's one true oracle.
Therefore, I have only sorrow for those whom by chance only. Will never figure
that out. To believe mankind could in any way survive just springing up as
evolution suggests? With out some kind of nurturing and guidance? Is very simply
far from any reality I can imagine. Even if that imagined reality includes an invisible
man in the sky. So I might be disgusted at what goes on in this lost world. Because it
is in my view, a world that was not meant to be. But I can only feel sorrow for we
who are the world.
edit on Rpm41614v352014u40 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Hope is a powerful thing. That's why people want and need believe in it.

The way I see it. TPTB must know from history basically repeating itself that society will eventully wake up and get to the point where they have had enough and that could be when TPTB can play the "Jesus return card'....kill everybody and start all over. It's actually a genius idea if you ask me.

That's why I can't rely on hope, even though I believe in Jesus because the right thing to do to me, is to do something about it rather than waiting for Jesus to return and do something about it.

I used to think the Bible wasn't real, but I've had some experiences in life that I can't exactly question and it really does strengten my faith but I'm still an agnostic at best. Jesus represents hope for me, some people believe in him out of fear because of their soul going to hell for eternity if they didn't but I don't fear God, even though I probably should so I just simply choose to believe in Jesus out of hope and love, for he is love.

It's people like you who needs to take a stand, and not sit back and watch everything go to # while waiting for Jesus to return to clean up our mess. Seriously, what do you think he'll say to you when he find out you couldn't be the change you wanted to see in this World and instead, choose to wait for him instead. I hope you have a good answer for that for when push comes to shove when he ask at the pearly golden gates.

We'll never get anywhere that way. Religion will only divide us and hold us all back.
edit on 16-4-2014 by TheProphetMark because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Apart from the JWs above, I don't have a lot of faith that some made up guy who copied the Mithra story will ever return to take the evil doers to task.....
I admit I tried to, but it just kept falling apart under close examination.........much as it is a nice story....its not exactly believable....
I have more faith that aliens will show up...which is actually not much either......
the whole thing is a matter of personal honour and responsibility for self and others ,.....but nobody goes there anymore........................

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Humans or are we going with what ones has and does not have? Who did this, and how to get them back, or just the plain old crap repeated over Time?

We are led into believing Life was to be Happy, Peaceful, kind and Sweet. Yet since I was born, I still see another side to Live existing. Hate, Anger, Pain and Sorrow. Life is what it is, mainly using human standards of How it should be!

Is it Fair and Just? Could toss a No on this one, yet then tossing out Karma through the Window would even be Worst! Life was meant to Teach Us something, what that is who could say.

Although Being Human should have been the First on the list. Nope, maybe on top of the food chain and thats why I'm Tired of the Human Race! Became nothing more then a Virus and why would I want God to come back?

Shame to be A Human! There are some among Humans who go way out of their means to make it Right. Yet there are only afew Humans holding it togetter the Best They Can! Now if others would stop complaining and work togetter as a whole, it would be a Better World for all of Us!

Say we Were sent to Hell, the Fallen Angels from long ago. I do not know about the rest of you, only on my way Out Of Hell. I'm gonna at least try to Take Others with me! Well, Ask if they would like to come!

Peace

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

onequestion
I find myself often disgusted when i read news stories of judges imprisoning young people for ridiculous amounts of time over practically nothing, stories of war, reading what people actually think and believe. It disgust me.

Whats wrong with humans, whats wrong with people? I dont get it...There is something deeply wrong with the way people think and act. Its almost as if we are an experiment seriously gone wrong.

I was thinking about this today and yesterday a little, how fundamentally flawed humans are.

I think it comes down to the bolded; humans are an artificially created species created for whatever long forgotten purpose; a species made by a "god", and then abandoned.

Perhaps that "god" was deposed, or it got bored and left, or it was told to stop by its greater "gods". But its clear to me that humans are a blend of multiple earth species, and possibly alien, DNA. Chimp, pig, and a little alien thrown in.

Since humans did not evolve naturally and are an artificial species, I think this is the reason why there is such an enormous disparity between say technological advancement and emotional maturity. Emotional maturity cannot be imbued into a species. Its not a function of brain size; its a function of something learned by that species over the eons. Its in a word, wisdom, which cannot be genetically manipulated in, like brain capacity can.

I think humanity is being allowed to run its course, simply. Thats why there are no ETs wanting to speak with us, nor help us. "We" are flawed in so many ways, having been created by the imperfect and arrogant hands of some "god", its like computer code that is so errant from the ground up, theres nothing that can be done to fix it aside from completely dismantle it and begin again.

But ETs do not really desire nor are willing to do that. They dont want to baby-sit us which is what visiting would probably inevitably eventually entail, and to "fix" the fundamental human attributes that are responsible for all the wrongs in the world, would truly be to destroy humanity, as humanity's foundation, its core, are the flawed mechanisms integral to it that lead it to invariably destroy itself, its environment, and all other species around it.

Humanity is destined to self-destruct, and no one will be there to save it.

edit on 4/16/2014 by CaticusMaximus because: grammar

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
It is as it has ever been really. Some choice quotes from across time:

Why is it that all those who have become eminent in philosophy or politics or poetry or the arts are clearly of an atrabilious temperament, and some of them to such an extent as to be affected by diseases caused by black bile, as is said to have happened to Heracles among the heroes? Aristotelian Problema XXX.1, c. 3rd Century BC

We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men.George Orwell, Facing Unpleasant Facts, 1937-1939

Ambition must be made to counteract ambition. The interest of the man must be connected with the constitutional rights of the place. It may be a reflection on human nature, that such devices should be necessary to control the abuses of government. But what is government itself, but the greatest of all reflections on human nature? If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary. James Madison, Federalist #51, 1788

Best of all though? Diogenes the Cynic. He would walk through the streets in daylight, bearing a lantern, in search of a human. Diogenes Laertius clarified that the Cynic was looking for a human to no avail because those surrounding him disqualified themselves by behaving with so little reason. In fact, if you are feeling really low, reading a bit about Diogenes should give you a healthy chuckle. The guy was a riot and a definite cure for the black bile.

en.wikiquote.org...

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I think the biggest problem is political correctness. Sure our elected official are corrupt and two faced but PC is our biggest problem.

If cultural diversity is such a good thing why aren't white christians migrating to countries like Morocco or any other warm weather country?

If Islam isn't a scourge on the earth, why aren't people breaking their immigration laws to get in?

If black folk aren't perpetuating the most crimes why aren't whites moving into cities with homes for $1?

That is the problem. You can't resolve an issue if you are not allowed to speak of it

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Reached the disgusted point years ago .. walked away from that cesspool people call "civilization" .. from what Ive seen its only got worse .. maybe one day humanity will grow up and stop acting like idiots .. more likely theyll wipe themselves out long before that ..

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Compared to what it COULD be I think it's pretty damn lovelyyyyyy..... It could and use to be alot worse. Every Era has it's complainers

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

Then you should look at what Christ taught. He left a very clear and very deceptively simply set of rules for us to follow. If everyone lived according to them ... we wouldn't be having this discussion. In fact, many of those basic ideals/principles can be found in scattered about in a lot of places, but despite the fact that they seem to be common sense people turn their backs on them.

You want to know why people are more or less disgusting? It's so much easier to be selfish and think that makes you modern and enlightened.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Update: I'm now more disgusted than before. I just learned that Russia
has the good sense to ban GMOs and America? Not so much.

edit on Rpm41614v49201400000022 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

HanzHenry
greed

the ELite have socially engineered the whole world. EVERY aspect of our lives is controlled by their SYSTEM.

i

No, the human collective has socially engineered the whole world. Every human voice is equal to all others, and what manifests is the averaged intent of all the wills present on the planet.

Those of us who truly desire a magnanimous and altruistic world are in a tiny minority. The large majority desire it how it is, or even worse. Thats WHY it is how it is, because ultimately, it is the will of the people made manifest. It simply doesnt happen any other way, and if it appears that it does happen some other way, that is part of the "game" we play; a game of illusion, deception, and falsehood.

The system in place is the system WE have created collectively.

All are equal; there is no hierarchy, nor elite. The external world is a perfect reflection of the collective internal world. To change the external image, you have to change the internal form first.

Trying to do otherwise is like telling your reflection in a mirror to stop scowling and start smiling. It can do nothing youre not doing; its just a reflection. In and of itself it does not exist.

So really, as Gandhi said, be the change you want to see in the world. To change the world, simply change yourself.

edit on 4/16/2014 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join