It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Kill Switch’ Included on All Cell Phones Made in U.S. by 2015

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   

bobs_uruncle

jude11

bobs_uruncle
reply to post by jude11

Good to know, S&F! But any idea I wonder if it applies to rooted phones. Or maybe phones that can be breached by JTAG hacking (nudge nudge wink wink). I guess what I am looking at is do I have to mod the operating system or do I have to rewrite the firmware?

The only reason I am looking at this is because if the PTB decide at some point to kill all communications due to revolution, bank run, etc., it would be nice to still have clear channel and IP based jump points to re-establish DNS if necessary.

Get my data, oh nooos. They'll have some good reading if they're into drug/grocery/hardware store chemistry for fun and profit or a lot of karaoke LOL. Ya never know when 50 people are going spontaneously erupt into song in the middle of the street during rush hour and need quick pyrotechnics, like some cheesy movie ;-)

Cheers - Dave
edit on 4/16.2014 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

I have my suspicions that when it comes to revolution or bank runs or Martial Law etc...it will be in use very quickly.

I'm guessing also that as soon as it becomes reality, some one is going to figure out the work around.

We're stubborn, it's what we Do...

Peace

And when the time comes, PM me as I have many of the new Android emulation tools and the JTAG equipment as well as smart card readers ;-) BTW, anyone who is interested in JTAG's and emulators for Android, you can get them on AliExpress and they have very reasonable prices! That's where I bought a lot of mine, well that and a couple from eBay.

Cheers - Dave

I will most likely be PMing you, when this is finally in place, TY!!

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

awesome, more protection!

peace

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
If more people were actually enlightened about what can be done to smart phones, and what this could really mean, it seems to me, that this would hurt their sales on the new phones after 2015.

Not that they can't do what they want now, but I sure won't be buying one.

OOOOO
Unless they are going to make it a requirement, say by 2018, that you have to have a newer phone that does this, and make all older phones not work by then.

Yeah, I can see that happening.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

jude11 ‘Kill Switch’ Included on All Cell Phones Made in U.S. by 2015

Does this mean that no phones will have this kill switch, since all cell phones are Made in China?

It sure looks bleak thou...
edit on 17/4/2014 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

j.r.c.b.
When I first heard about this on the news today, my brain immediately went to, all the people taking videos and pics from that ranch ordeal, people demanding to track the cell phones of their loved ones, on the missing plane, kids texting their parents from the capsized boat, people videoing the police...........I'm gonna keep my phone I have now, for as long as possible...sounds shady to me....

Our fascist corporatist run government says there is no limit to free speech for me but not for thee.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
It makes me feel good about owning an out of date Nokia flip phone.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Cynic
It makes me feel good about owning an out of date Nokia flip phone.

Threw my cell away 4 yrs ago...never looked back.

And I'm still alive, functioning, doing business etc...amazing huh?

Peace

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I like chaotic orders intro to the black phone.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I know a person who has no cell phone, nor email address and doesn't own a computer - never has. Its sort of like knowing someone who has never eaten at the Golden Arches.

I am so not tech savy... so excuse my explanation below,
Some newer smartphones can have their wifi turned on remotely through the service carrier and by apps - The call centre person can check and change your setting and see more about your phone and what you've been doing than you can (scary) - Also, the default settings when you get the phone, if you don't go through and turn off all the S Beam, WiFi, data share settings, your phone is virtually open by default.

I'm having enough trouble trying to update my phone without using WiFi -
... and then there's a great encouragement to put your stuff into the manufacturers 'Cloud' (where ever that is) so that you can retrieve it once it is wiped - which (of course) once uploaded doesn't belong to you anymore technically - and can be 'used' and distributed by the manufacturer.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

This is kind of old news.. this capability has been around for quite some time. The only thing different now is that they're going public with it. SnF for the research though OP!

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

kloejen

jude11 ‘Kill Switch’ Included on All Cell Phones Made in U.S. by 2015

Does this mean that no phones will have this kill switch, since all cell phones are Made in China?

It sure looks bleak thou...
edit on 17/4/2014 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

The USA will insist any phones for the US market will have the device built in.

I've been keeping all my old phones from the past ten years and telling everyone else to do the same because it was obvious to see this day would come and my current phone has these funny things called buttons and does not ring the police by accident, battery lasts a week, little to no chance of getting a virus.

My phone only cost $20 new so I don't need a kill switch in case it gets half inched, you can keep it.

The best thing of all is that I can even remove the battery to ensure I am not being recorded and down the road I can replace the battery if I want to.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
This can already be done on my phone, its an old galaxy s2. It came with the protection app on the phone.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: jude11

So yeah this can already be done if you choose to have it with the various apps presented, so that begs the question... Why make it compulsory? That alone should raise a red flag...

But yeah mummy has spoken huh, so just best for all us children to get into line.

BlackPhone sounds interesting although I am super paranoid lol or rather I like to consider every angle. I see blackphone as I do IRC and tor etc... If I were the "authorities/mafia" these types of things would be my main priority, I mean providing these tools. Then spy super close on those using em... lol I'd also tell people they are anonymous and encrypted etc.

But yeah maybe there is a way to prove the software is sound, I think it may be hard. I'm not even sure I'd grasp the no doubt complicated computer speak lol

These days I don't really waste my energy worrying about all this, they can do anything they like anyway!

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: jude11 ALL major players are on board. Why? Because they know that the majority will fall for the protection slant and they don't want to be left out of the cash cow.

Maybe...But California recently introduced a bill that if passed, will impose a $2500 fine on vendors for every phone found without a kill switch. They will have no choice, but to comply or no vendor will dare sell their phones.

It truly does sound highly suspicious when a government is making it mandatory for this technology to be in all private devices. What's next" Kill switches for your ATM/Credit Cards, cars, houses?

edit on 18-4-2014 by Kurius because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Before this takes affect, we should equip all of our 'police' with body-mounted cameras.
edit on 21-4-2014 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11
reply to post by madmac5150

TPTB are more out of control than Giorgio Tsoukalas's hairstylist...

Ok, this made me chuckle.

Peace

I had to laugh at that to. But, I like Giorigo.

He definatly needs a new hairstyle.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join