It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emails: IRS Lerner Contacted DOJ About Prosecuting Tax Exempt Groups...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
That's right my friends, it gets even better.
Obama's Administration has to be one of the Most Corrupt in years, the Clinton's you my ask, it wasn't so much their Administration as it was Them Personally!

But, to get to the article, The I R S has to Be Just Running for Cover, This Woman Was A True HATER of Anything Right Wing!
Document JW1559-00105

According to new IRS emails obtained through a Freedom of Information Act request from Judicial Watch, former head of tax exempt groups at the IRS Lois Lerner was in contact with the Department of Justice in May 2013 about whether tax exempt groups could be criminally prosecuted for "lying" about political activity.

"I got a call today from Richard Pilger Director Elections Crimes Branch at DOJ ... He wanted to know who at IRS the DOJ folk s [sic] could talk to about Sen. Whitehouse idea at the hearing that DOJ could piece together false statement cases about applicants who "lied" on their 1024s --saying they weren't planning on doing political activity, and then turning around and making large visible political expenditures. DOJ is feeling like it needs to respond, but want to talk to the right folks at IRS to see whether there are impediments from our side and what, if any damage this might do to IRS programs. I told him that sounded like we might need several folks from IRS," Lerner wrote in a May 8, 2013 email to former Nikole C. Flax, who was former-Acting IRS Commissioner Steven T. Miller's chief of staff.

"I think we should do it – also need to include CI [Criminal Investigation Division], which we can help coordinate. Also, we need to reach out to FEC. Does it make sense to consider including them in this or keep it separate?" Flax

After this email exchange, Lerner handed things off to Senior Technical Adviser and Attorney Nancy Marks, who was in charge of setting up a meeting with DOJ.

“These new emails show that the day before she broke the news of the IRS scandal, Lois Lerner was talking to a top Obama Justice Department official about whether the DOJ could prosecute the very same organizations that the IRS had already improperly targeted,” Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton said in a statement. “The IRS emails show Eric Holder’s Department of Justice is now implicated and conflicted in the IRS scandal. No wonder we had to sue in federal court to get these documents.”

This post has been updated.

Editors note/correction: A previous version of this post stated and implied Lois Lerner contacted the DOJ about criminal prosecution when the emails state she in fact got a phone call from DOJ about the issue. While she was clearly in contact with DOJ about criminal prosecution for tax exempt groups, DOJ initiated the contact in this specific instance. Emails also show Lerner and Flax responded to both recommendations by Senator Whitehouse and DOJ to look into criminal prosecution. The headline to this post has also been updated.

Link
Yes, according to this article, The D O J was very willing to assist the I R S in making up Lies to Falsely Prosecute Right Wing Organizations. OH,,, All of US, Evil Right Winger's, Look at the Trouble We've caused Obama, We've Embarrassed Him, Will No Not Really, He'll claim he knows nothing about any of this and the News Media Sources will believe him and tell us we're all Racist for believing FOX News or any other outlet that's not Obama Approved.

So, go back to sleep, it's all just another day in the Obama Administration Of Lies and Cover-Ups.

ETA: I found another source, CNS.news

edit on 16-4-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Excellent! You've brought a full course meal to the ATS buffet table.

Of course even though the trail of emails leads back to the WH...team Obama will cry foul in the most loud of voices, as they beat their breasts in indignation.

The American Indians had their Trail of Tears. This WH has it's Trail of Fears. Both end equally sad and terrible.

Des

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I think I see a smidgen...

Can't wait till they start going to jail.

These people are drunk with power.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Bingo !!

More grease for the bearings.

No wonder she keeps pleading the 5th.

Just about anything she would say is incriminating.

This also fits snugly into the Congressman Elijah Cummings despicable multiple involvements and cover-ups.

Hardy Har Har.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

whyamIhere
I think I see a smidgen...

Can't wait till they start going to jail.

These people are drunk with power.

"Jail?"
We sure as Hell need a director of the DOJ in there different that the current lap dog.
Anytime that any administration is against an independent investigation, then you know there absolutely should be one.
Oh, let me count the ones...ah, you know the ones I mean already.
edit on 16-4-2014 by Aliensun because: add clarification to DOJ

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Destinyone
reply to post by guohua

Excellent! You've brought a full course meal to the ATS buffet table.

Of course even though the trail of emails leads back to the WH...team Obama will cry foul in the most loud of voices, as they beat their breasts in indignation.

The American Indians had their Trail of Tears. This WH has it's Trail of Fears. Both end equally sad and terrible.

Des

Thank you and every one.

The other point we need to remember,,, this is Proof, that Obama is a Liar, Remember when he kept saying these are Phony Scandal's!! Will there Not So Phony Are They Mr. Obama!!

No wonder Eric Holder was equivocating when asked by a House committee about the Justice Department’s investigation of Lois Lerner. His department appears to have had an advisory role in the IRS’s targeting of conservative tax-exempt groups during the run-up to the 2012 elections.
From the Daily Caller:
According to the conservative government accountability group Judicial Watch, email exchanges between Lerner and Nikole C. Flax, the Chief of Staff to then-Acting IRS Commissioner Steven T. Miller, reveal there were discussions [with the DOJ] about possible prosecution of tax-exempt groups that were believed to have “lied” about political activities.

When I attach this link, you should really go there, the copies of the e-mails are clearly readable.
emails showed Lerner in contact with DOJ

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   

xuenchen
Bingo !!

This also fits snugly into the Congressman Elijah Cummings despicable multiple involvements and cover-ups.

Hardy Har Har.

Willllllllllll,,,,

New IRS emails released by the House Oversight Committee show staff working for Democratic Ranking Member Elijah Cummings communicated with the IRS multiple times between 2012 and 2013 about voter fraud prevention group True the Vote. True the Vote was targeted by the IRS after applying for tax exempt status more than two years ago. Further, information shows the IRS and Cummings' staff asked for nearly identical information from True the Vote President Catherine Engelbrecht about her organization, indicating coordination and improper sharing of confidential taxpayer information.

Chairman of the House Oversight Committee Darrell Issa, along with five Subcommittee Chairmen are demanding Cummings provide an explanation for the staff inquiries to the IRS about True the Vote and for his denial that his staff ever contacted the IRS about the group.

He apparently has a Problem with Anti Voter Fraud Groups, Will Right Wing Anti Voter Fraud Organizations anyway.
Why Do You think That Is???????

The first contact between the IRS and Cummings' staffers about True the Vote happened in August 2012. In January 2013, staff asked for more information from the IRS about the group. Former head of tax exempt groups at the IRS Lois Lerner went out of her way to try and get information to Cummings' office.The information Cummings received was not shared with Majority Members on the Committee.

On January 28, three days after staffers requested more information, Lerner wrote an email to her deputy Holly Paz, who has since been put on administrative leave, asking, “Did we find anything?” Paz responded immediately by saying information had not been found yet, to which Lerner replied, “Thanks, check tomorrow please.”

Rep. Cummings has described the investigation into IRS targeting of conservative groups as a "witch hunt," and has tried multiple times to put the investigation on hold.

He's Guilty and needs to be Prosecuted, But Holder Won't Do Anything,,, Wonder Why? No I don't!!

Linky
How will this POTUS be remembered?

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
This is clearly George Bush's fault...

I'm just not sure how.
edit on 16-4-2014 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Enemies List.

"Nixon’s Enemies List" is the informal name of what started as a list of President of the United States Richard Nixon’s major political opponents compiled by Charles Colson, written by George T. Bell[1] (assistant to Colson, special counsel to the White House), and sent in memorandum form to John Dean on September 9, 1971. The list was part of a campaign officially known as “Opponents List” and “Political Enemies Project.” The list became public knowledge when Dean mentioned during hearings with the Senate Watergate Committee that a list existed containing those whom the president did not like. Journalist Daniel Schorr, who happened to be on the list, managed to obtain copies of it later that day.[2]

en.wikipedia.org...'s_Enemies_List

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

SnF!

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Wow, this puts the Ben Carson IRS audits into even more light!

And now it comes out someone called him and asked him to apologize too,
so what this amounts to is bow down, or you will be audited!

Speak your conservative views in public; you will be jailed!

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Everything these people have owned - or will own - realestate, bank accounts, retirements, ect.... - should be used as restitution for all of their victims -

and then they should go to prison.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
How do you like your rogue government now folks?
Time to effect some changes methinx

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Unfortunately what this is fomenting is the ratcheting up of the Ukraine issue to take the heat off the administration. Something is about to blow. This WH as a ton of loose strings now and I think they're desperate.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by guohua

Enemies List.

"Nixon’s Enemies List" is the informal name of what started as a list of President of the United States Richard Nixon’s major political opponents compiled by Charles Colson, written by George T. Bell[1] (assistant to Colson, special counsel to the White House), and sent in memorandum form to John Dean on September 9, 1971. The list was part of a campaign officially known as “Opponents List” and “Political Enemies Project.” The list became public knowledge when Dean mentioned during hearings with the Senate Watergate Committee that a list existed containing those whom the president did not like. Journalist Daniel Schorr, who happened to be on the list, managed to obtain copies of it later that day.[2]

en.wikipedia.org...'s_Enemies_List

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

SnF!
I know people like to make comparisons to Nixon, but Obama isn't half the president Nixon was. If it weren't for his own paranoia, Nixon would have gone down as one of the best presidents of the century. Obama has nothing but a failed health care law to hang his hat on. Nixon broke down the barriers with China, instituted the EPA, the Clean Air Act, supported the lowering of the age requirement for voting to 18 and though he took it on the chin, he ended our involvement in Viet Nam.

Obama is just a tool and a hatchet guy. It's just way too obvious. He was handed the keys by TPTB and then went rogue. I don't think they appreciate that type of action. No wonder he looks grey and I don't mean his hair.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   

xuenchen
Bingo !!

Hardy Har Har.

Looks like Senator Whitehouse has his hand in this too. I wonder how far this reaches into the Democrat party? I wonder if they discussed this as a group? Now that would be interesting.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   

stirling
How do you like your rogue government now folks?
Time to effect some changes methinx

Obama did give us the Most Transparently Corrupt, White House, Administration and Government, so maybe he did keep One of his Promises.

@ beezzer, Yes, Obama and his staff learned from Nixon and tried not to make his mistake by not recording themselves but they forgot about e-mails I guess, which is just a good if not better.
During the 2012 election there was things going on in Obamas camp that had come to light at the time, but no one was paying any attention, Why,,, It's Obama,,, He'd Never Do Anything Wrong,,, He cares for us and wants to give us all free healthcare!!
STUPID FOOLS!!!!

The Obama campaign is now marshaling the power of the office of the presidency against private citizens — using the Obama campaign’s “Truth Team” to target individual Romney donors and supporters in a way that is alarmingly reminiscent of Richard Nixon’s “Enemies List” — as documented in a May 10th piece by the Wall Street Journal’s Kimberly Strassel.

The Obama campaign appears to have taken a page from Nixon’s reelection campaign playbook — and is now mounting attacks on private individuals.

On April 20th KEEPINGGOPHONEST.COM published a post titled “Behind the curtain: A brief history of Romney’s donors.”

KEEPINGGOPHONEST.COM was launched earlier this year as one of the three components of the Obama reelection campaign’s “Truth Team” – a new effort to engage Obama supporters online and in person, encouraging them to communicate with undecided voters.

While the stated goal of this effort was fact checking Republicans’ claims about their own record, the post was used to publicly identify and smear eight private individuals – or in their own words “high-dollar and special-interest donors” that “Mitt Romney is relying on…to fund his campaign.” Four individuals were listed under the heading Donors who benefit from betting against America while four were categorized as special interest donors. After each name, the campaign listed deeds that they find “less-than-reputable” or reflective of being “on the wrong side of the law” or making “profits at the expense of so many Americans.”

Each name was then tweeted out by the @TruthTeam2012 twitter handle with similar charges, and the list was also disseminated by email to a grassroots network of Truth Team volunteers – calling on their vast grassroots network of volunteers to spread the word and vilify the eight individuals.

Among those targeted was Melaleuca CEO Frank VanderSloot – a Romney donor who has contributed $1 million to the Romney campaign – who was smeared as being a “litigious, combative and a bitter foe of the gay rights movement.”

VanderSloot has since been subjected to what Kimberly Strassel refers to as “slimy trolling into a citizen’s private life.”

The misuse of government power to vilify private donors is not only bad politics, but it also diminishes the prestige of the Oval Office and damages our social consensus.

Obama's Campaign's

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Looks like Senator Whitehouse has his hand in this too. I wonder how far this reaches into the Democrat party? I wonder if they discussed this as a group? Now that would be interesting.

It's deeper than The Party and Obama even.....

Seems Good 'ol George Soros is neck deep in thing as well.

(May 2013 story)

As IRS efforts targeting politically-conservative groups gained momentum, George Soros-funded liberal groups repeatedly called on the IRS to investigate conservative nonprofit organizations.

While the first reported instances of extra IRS scrutiny for conservative groups began in Cincinnati in March of 2010, the attacks began to pick up steam on a national level soon after Soros-funded groups began firing off letters to the IRS in October of that year - following the Supreme Court's Citizens United ruling.

The talking points of these groups then bounced around a carefully created progressive "echo chamber," until they eventually made their way into established media outlets. Key IRS policy changes about how it investigated conservative groups took place soon after it received three separate letters sent by Soros-funded liberal organizations.

Soros Gave $6.1 Million to Groups Linked to Pressure on IRS to Target Conservative Nonprofits

Soros has hundreds of those juicy 501(c)(4) outfits all over the place.

Citizens United put him in a wild frenzy rage konniption fit.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Soros financed the whole thing. He's an expert bribe artist. He's brilliant.

Very aggressive competition involved.

I can't wait till they expose Obama's deep little secrets one of these days.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Soros strikes again eh?

He is also funding several "Wildlife" type conservation groups,
connected to Agenda 21 what a coincidence.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

I'd have to say it goes all the way to Harry Reid for sure, Lois Lerner keeps pleading the Fifth and Congress has the tools to get to the Truth and / or Lock'em all Up!

President Obama and Holder have done a masterful job of what Nixon could not -- containing an official corruption investigation so that it never gets to the full truth. Repeated requests, for example, from the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee for documents concerning illegal targeting and harassment by the IRS of hundreds of conservative and Tea Party nonprofit applicants have been denied, delayed, obfuscated or simply ignored. Testimony and depositions from key officials at the Department of Justice have been withheld. And in what is surely the piece de resistance of official cover-ups, Obama and Holder put a career Justice Department attorney who contributed thousands of dollars to the president's 2008 and 2012 campaigns in charge of the official investigation. Strictly coincidental, of course.

The Obama-Holder IRS coverup has become so blatant that Jay Sekulow, the attorney who represents 41 of the groups targeted by the tax agency, was blunt in his reaction to the decision: “An independent prosecutor -- with no political agenda -- is truly needed to uncover the origin and depth of this unconstitutional targeting scheme. By rejecting this request, the Justice Department puts politics ahead of the rule of law.”

Now I'm going to add the last part and read it closely.

Sekulow and Cruz are right, of course, but being right as a matter of law isn't remotely sufficient to force Obama and Holder to stop the cover-up. They long ago made clear their willingness to do whatever they think is necessary to suppress the truth about the IRS scandal. Congress has the constitutional tools it needs to get the truth out. Funding can be withheld, presidential nominees stalled and subpoenas enforced. But Congress presently lacks a unified will. House Republicans can do none of those things if Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid objects. In Monopoly, that's called a “Get Out of Jail Free” card.

Link

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   

burntheships
reply to post by xuenchen

Soros strikes again eh?

He is also funding several "Wildlife" type conservation groups,
connected to Agenda 21 what a coincidence.

Everything about Soros is always a "coincidence".

Even more so than Obama.

And even more so than Harry Reid.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join