It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pastor Allegedly Used Fear Of Devil To Have Sex With Women

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   
This pastor not only used his power as a Pastor to scare these women into having sex with him, but he also threw in fear on the devil to coerse these women. I hope they toss him in jail and throw away the key!

SAN DIEGO -- A National City pastor accused of using the fear of the devil to persuade women in his congregation to have sex with him will go on trial next year.

Carlos Romero, 59, faces up to five years and eight months in prison if convicted of three felony counts, including making a criminal threat.

www.10news.com...

At a Sept. 17 preliminary hearing, La Mesa police Sgt. Daniel Willis testified that Romero told him he was sorry for telling three women who went to his church the "devil would physically harm them and he could protect them if they had sex with him.

What a loser, five years in jail is not nearly long enough!

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Just another reason why organized religon disgust me

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   
There's a sucker born every minute, man and religion have an agenda. Man and God have an understanding. Sadly why cant we seprate the two?

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Was the sex consensual? Sending a man to prison for lying to woman so they have sex with him. This never happens in the real world. If these woman are foolish enough to believe such crap then what do they expect? How dumb can you be? And I do not believe in church, religion or a god but to send a guy to prison for that is insane. I can say atleast it wasn't little boys being raped.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Sending a man to prison for lying to woman so they have sex with him. This never happens in the real world. If these woman are foolish enough to believe such crap then what do they expect?

I see you: You are 100% correct that men lie to women to have sex and they should all go to prison and rot there!

However seen in the context of power (agent of God) abuse, I think this guy is totally guilty and should be punished for his actions.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Seriously what were these women thinking? Don't believe anything your pastor/priest says unless you can find an example of it in the Bible. I don't think the guy should go to jail, but they should remove his license to be a pastor.

Reminds me of a country/western song...

I'm a doctor, I'm a lawer, I'm a movie star. I'm an astronaut, and I own this bar...I'd lie to your for your love and that's the truth.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   
We should not be surprised though, I mean people still believe Oral Roberts

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Just wondering what the point of this thread is. To say that pastors are people too? Who would be surprised to hear that they are? Granted they should 'practice what they preach'. Hm, wonder where that phrase came from. Most likely instances like this.

Do you go to church to be with God or the pastor? Well, sounds like this lady had the wrong answer to that question.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
its been said but i'll say it anyway

sucker born every minute.
how stupid can you be?
most ridiculous thing ive heard in a while

didnt click the link but where these women single.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I agree for the most part about the normality of lying for sex, etc, but the following goes too far...

from the article...

A third woman testified that Romero threatened to kill her after she tried to end their sexual relationship in February 2003.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I am just curious about what he is charged with? If lying to a woman to have sex is a crime they are going to need a lot more prisions
If you are going to jail men who lie to get laid how about the women who lie about birth control? I am not saying the guy isnt a scumbag just cant see what law he has broken other than threating to kill the one.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Have to agree with Amuk here.... While the act is pretty deplorable...there's a line between indecent and then illegal. These women were adults and are ultimately responsible for their own actions, and stupidity.....

Something tells me the defense is going to walk all over the prosecution in this one.... Criminal threat? Of Supernatural Origins? I'd like to see that one stick....

We should not be surprised though, I mean people still believe Oral Roberts

Hell man, people still believe Jim Baker!!!

[edit on 7-1-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
He's charged with three felony counts, including making a criminal threat.

Gazrock and Amuk, you don't think threatenning a woman's life warrents charges?

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
Gazrock and Amuk, you don't think threatenning a woman's life warrents charges?

I said in my post I understood THAT charge its the other three I dont. What law did he break by lying to the women to have sex?

I am not saying the guy isnt a scumbag just cant see what law he has broken other than threating to kill the one.

[edit on 7-1-2005 by Amuk]

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Sorry Amuk, I don't see where you said that. My apologies. It probably has something to do with a person in the position of power using that power for intimidation. I've heard of cases like it before.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   
It's not his fault these women are stupid. This case should be thrown out. Seriously, who would believe him, these women have to be semi-mentally ill or something.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeeze louise
telling three women who went to his church the "devil would physically harm them and he could protect them if they had sex with him.

Since when is tricking stupid people into having sex with you a crime?

Now, I agree, the guys a looser, and but can this really be a crime? I'm not convinced that it actually is.

dbates
I don't think the guy should go to jail, but they should remove his license to be a pastor.

Why? Its not the business of the state to defrock a preist. Thats up to that church.

Its an odd situation, on the one hand, he is abusing his relationship with this women as their pastor, but, even thats not a crime no? If he were a lawyer, they'd disbar him. If he was a politician, they'd censure him. But a minister? The state can't really interfere with it. Heck, they can't even demonstrate that he wasn't telling the truth. The devil didn't get these girls right, so it must've worked no?

[edit on 8-1-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
He's charged with three felony counts, including making a criminal threat.

I think that everyone here is reacting to the 'the debil will gets you ifen you don't sleeps with me' bit, not that 'i'll effing kill you if you stop having sex with me' threat. Obviously thats a crime.

ryan5555
these women have to be semi-mentally ill or something.

If they were then perhaps there'd be a better case against him, them not having the capacity to give consent or something. Hmm, maybe the courts can actually decide that christian fundamentalists are braindead? BWa!

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Wow, if any preacher tried to threaten me with hell and damnation for not screwing him, I'd be offering him some beachfront property in Arizona, or have him make an offer on a certain bridge in NY....

That's just wrong.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   
hes guilty of being a man, until he threatened harm to the one woman. If you want to get ral picky, what about all the tv evangelists who get money from poor old lonely people on the guise of helping the worlds poor and then keep the money to pay for hookers and blow? isnt that a con job? isnt that illegal somehow? lets just make lieing illegal totally, punishable by min 1 year in prison, up to death if your lie gets you some sex or some other serious thing. Ok, thats extreme, but other than the threat, the guy should, unfortunately, walk. If he did it, and especially if he gets away with it all, hell be judged when the time comes.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join