It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obsession with arguments for and against faith or science

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I'm the only one person in my family, who actually is waiting for fullfilling Bible prophecies and in the same time is obsessed with knowledge acquisition about religions, belief systems and anti-theism. I'm emotionally devoted to Jesus, I was building my whole personality on Him, especially after my mum's death when I was 9. I think that His example will be useful for me in my Nursing Career (I'm at first year of studies). I believe that the occupation we choose influence our personality and behavior of our collegues from work.
Very often from that time and now as I am 20 years old I imagine myself obsessively how my life would look life if I was brought up in science-based family, not in non-orthodox Catholic family, where everybody follows tradition instead of openly admit that they are non-believers. You know, discovering Bible prophecies about second coming of Jesus Christ, biblical view on Christianity made me and still makes me feel special among my family members and fellow men. And makes me stay at my local church. But to be honest people there are not so well educated and they follow stereotypes of the world of science.
They do not spend so many time as me on the Internet, looking at different kinds of articles, debates among believers and unbelievers in English. I come from Poland, so I'm surrounded mostly by Catholics who don't know why they follow, what they follow and they accept evolution as Catholic Church does and they probably do not know why or...by people who just do not talk about their beliefs-live on their own.

I can't call myself a doubter with crisis of faith, because I have enough faith to share the Gospel, pray for spiritual revival and has a big desire in heart to see miracles in daily life and in life of society.
But in the same time it's hard to live among Catholics, who do not care about reading Bible, but understand somehow science and live among people at the church, who understand Bible very well, but are afraid of some science discoverties or can't explain them in such way as I would be satisfied.

I do not want to fear science to the end of my life (and studying it alone in the front of the Internet with obsession in mind) and in the same time I've got this desire from lonely childhood as motherless daughter to meet Jesus Christ, King of Kings and hold Him, saying I'm at home.

I'm in the process of creating a screenplay. Actually I have been creating it in my mind for almost 5 years in my life- 3 stories, but most focusing on one story where a centre is Speakers Corner in London.
But I'm obsessively afraid that if I would go to such place and start debating with people I would totally loose my whole personality in the jungle of arguments. I would think that there somewhere is a final argument that is going to decide should I stay a believer or not...and this is the most destructive thought.

I know basic arguments from Atheists and Believers, but there somewhere inside of me is obsession that I actually do not know everything what I should know from both sides to make a final decision about my life.
I have this strange impression that for past 3 years from my conversion from Catholicism to Biblical Christianity I was mostly focusing on collecting various arguments from different belief systems and anti-theists (of course on conspiracy theories too) to my screenplay than on my relationship with Jesus Christ and I am in the point where I'm actually do not understand whole concept of theory of evolution.

I feel so terrible with myself and with all those information that came to my mind for past almost 5 years since I first time got the Internet connection

And what's more people from my family and from studies focus mostly on relationships, making love and giving birth to children and ask me, why I'm not the same?

But how can I be in a relationship with somebody if in my brain is such a mess? I guess the best husband for me would be a guy, who went through different belief systems, was an evolutionist, had a crisis of faith, but in miraculous way he was touched by the Holy Spirit, who showed him a true meaning of God's Word and God gave him a gift in speaking in tongues.
But how can I find one and if I would find, would I actually like such guy?

SOMETHING TERRIBLE and that's not he end...
edit on 16-4-2014 by AnnieWolf19 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AnnieWolf19

Have you thought of becoming a Nun. You'd be married to Jesus, from my understanding.

Or, you could move to the bible belt of the deep South in the U.S..

You'd find a potential husband on every corner...

Des

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

But how can I be in a relationship with somebody if in my brain is such a mess?

To put it simply, you can't. But you're young. Very young and should count on that.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Destinyone

Have you thought of becoming a Nun. You'd be married to Jesus, from my understanding.

Or, you could move to the bible belt of the deep South in the U.S..

You'd find a potential husband on every corner...

Des

I was going to say something but I just lost my thought after reading that post.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
It's not only about finding guy, who is such a stranger like me, but it's all about how to live with such mess in brain among people, who are not in my shoes? And what worse you can't find at least one.

Maybe I would not be such a strange girl, if I would not loose my mum. It's all started from her death. And I can't find motherless daughter with my story, where I live. I found support group of "Motherless daughters" (of course from the United States where there is "everything") on facebook and I found book of Hope Edelman. So what? But in reality, close to me I do not have at least one soul in my situation.

Of course, nobody will help me, so the best solution as I found almost 5 years ago is an idea of writing screenplay or a book. But I did not know that my curiosity and Internet investigation will lead me to problems with my personality and which road I should follow.

Yeah, I should earn for the trip all over all world's Speakers Corners or psychiatric institutions read them my post and maybe I will meet such strange people like me.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
So its a struggle between creationism and evolution? Faith and science.

Lets compare the new testament claim that God created man to any typical 1 hour cop show on tv.

In the bible God creates man, cut and dry... in any tv cop show they get a clue and bust the first guy they finger. Now in reality they probably interview a couple dozen witness', chase some dead end leads. That show would take days.

Now think the same way with the bible. God created man, but...if it was written that he started with a single cell organism that split, came onto land, and evolved into man that book would take tons of pages. Not like there was an office depot nearby to buy reams of paper.

God created man but the bible tells the edited version.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I guess the best husband for me would be a guy, who went through different belief systems, was an evolutionist, had a crisis of faith, but in miraculous way he was touched by the Holy Spirit, who showed him a true meaning of God's Word and God gave him a gift in speaking in tongues.
But how can I find one and if I would find, would I actually like such guy?

Believe it or not, but "how he got there" notwithstanding, you're describing a Charismatic Catholic. I would not have believed that such existed prior to the last year, but I've since seen them in action.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

But how can I find one and if I would find, would I actually like such guy? - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Or would he actually like you? One thing this pagan has learned, you can't hurry love. Have faith, "love don't come easy", but it will come. There's someone for you, and I think you'll be surprised to find that you won't have to do anything, it will just show up at your door one day.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

AnnieWolf19
I've got this desire from lonely childhood as motherless daughter to meet Jesus Christ, King of Kings and hold Him, saying I'm at home.

That might prove to be difficult as:

The biblical Jesus was called King Jesus Emmanuel. The historical Izas was called King Izas Manu(el) VI of Edessa. The biblical Jesus was a King of the Jews. The historical Izas was a defacto King of the Jews (because his mother, Queen Helena, was the defacto Queen of the Jews). The biblical Jesus was a Nazarene. The historical Izas was a Nazarene. The biblical Jesus was sent away to Egypt for his education. The historical Izas was sent away for his education, and appears to have visited Egypt and stayed in Jerusalem. … (his mother furnished the Temple of Jerusalem) The biblical Jesus’ disciples (Saul and Barnabas) took money from King Abgarus of Edessa, to provide famine relief for Jerusalem. The historical Izas-Manu’s father was the same King Abgarus of Edessa. The biblical Jesus was a revolutionary who fought the Jerusalem authorities and the Romans. The historical Izas was a revolutionary who fought the Jerusalem authorities and the Romans. The biblical Jesus was captured and crucified. The historical Izas was captured and crucified. The biblical Jesus survived the cross (by being taken down early). The historical Izas survived the cross (by being taken down early). The biblical Jesus was taken down by Joseph of Arimathaea. The historical Izas was taken down by Josephus Flavius. The biblical Jesus wore a Crown of Thorns. The historical Izas wore a Crown of Thorns. The biblical Jesus wore a purple cloak (the Imperial cloak). The historical Izas would have worn a purple cloak (the Imperial cloak), because he wanted to become Emperor. The biblical Jesus was born under the Eastern Star. The historical Izas was using the Star Prophesy of the Eastern Star to become Emperor. …. (you will note that it was Vespasian who took the Star Prophesy, and used it to become Emperor, as Tacitus and Suetonius confirm). I could go on, but you perhaps see my point. Jesus was a prince and king of Edessa, called King Izas Manu(el). And the reason why you have never heard of King Abgarus or King Manu (even though they were very famous historically), is because the Catholic Church has done everything in its power to delete them from history (even though Abgarus appears in Acts of the Apostles in Acts 11:27). This is the unspoken truth, that has remained hidden for nearly 2,000 years – the historical truth that the Catholic Church thought it had buried forever.

...your king lived a long time ago and is dead. But take heart as there are many good people in the world who do actually care about other people and do not hide behind or support totalitarian control systems such as Christianity.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Oh, no...I think that Charismatic Catholics miss many points of the Bible.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

You are young and I am sure if you allow Jesus to work in your mind and heart , He will find the perfect guy for you . You just need to be patience and know that God is re-creating you , and He don't make junk .

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AutOmatIc

Thank U, but such information do not give me any comfort. It's like packing myself in the next conspiracy theory or hidden mysterious of the world.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

AnnieWolf19
reply to post by adjensen

Oh, no...I think that Charismatic Catholics miss many points of the Bible.

How many of them do you know?

Catholics have been studying the Bible for 2,000 years... some of us know it pretty well, lol.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   

AnnieWolf19
reply to post by AutOmatIc

Thank U, but such information do not give me any comfort. It's like packing myself in the next conspiracy theory or hidden mysterious of the world.

Ah, I see. Well it seems that you are at a precipice that many reach during their time on this ball of dirt we call Earth, and inevitably ask the question, "Why am I here?"

To which, there is no easy answer. We are born, we live, and we die. What we do while we are here is gather experiences, make memories, and interact with other human beings, and other creatures while we are here. As to what the end result of those experiences are, no one can say until they are dead...and nobody has escaped death...ever to tell the tale of the reason behind our excursion into this particular three dimensional reality we are in.

There are all sorts of beings on this planet, good, bad, and everything in between. One cannot live every day in fear, because if you accept that one day you know you're going to die, well, live life to it's fullest. Pursue those things that make you happy, maybe you will find true happiness, true love, maybe you will not, but know that this life doesn't last forever here. And find comfort in that. That one day you will experience an entirely unknown adventure!

peace, AutO

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I guess the best husband for me would be a guy, who went through different belief systems, was an evolutionist, had a crisis of faith, but in miraculous way he was touched by the Holy Spirit, who showed him a true meaning of God's Word and God gave him a gift in speaking in tongues.

Under the assumption that the Holy spirit you are talking about is the light/energy/chi flow and the talking in tongues is mind ability to become over creative sometimes when pushing light/energy/chi, I do not really get why you would think talking in tongues would be a very useful thing, except that it can be childishly fun. I do get that limited telepathy and the increased observation ability and maybe limited healing with intent->manifestation tools is useful (for instance Reiki).

Why do you not seek yourself and become what you seek? One step at a time and you will find your way home. Good luck.

edit on 16-4-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Why does it have to be faith OR science? What can't we have faith AND science. Having said that, there is an important distinction to be made between real science, where the scientific method can be applied, such as Astronomy and physics... and fake pseudo-science like evolution and man made global warming, where the scientific method can not be applied 99% of the time, and therefore requires just as much faith to believe in as religion.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

OptimusSubprime

Why does it have to be faith OR science? What can't we have faith AND science. Having said that, there is an important distinction to be made between real science, where the scientific method can be applied, such as Astronomy and physics... and fake pseudo-science like evolution and man made global warming, where the scientific method can not be applied 99% of the time, and therefore requires just as much faith to believe in as religion.

To me evolution and Sumerian Annunaki being the gene changers in man works very well together that the Genesis story is an retelling off from my point of view (not saying it is true but it is probable in my way of thinking). Genesis is of course changed a bit to include spiritual information about the fall into "ego duality" in the shape of the eating of the apple of "the tree of knowledge of good and evil".

I do however think many who like the theory of evolution are missing that symbiosis is part of that evolution to a larger degree than they will admit when they always push survival of the fittest.

What are the faults of the theory of evolution from your point of view?
edit on 16-4-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

OptimusSubprime

As you say, why is Creationism, Darwinism so polarized (polar-dizzmesmerised)
"the Who being us, versus Those being them". The two actually work together and no one gets it. The practical earth sciences will never understand the metaphysical those forces are based in thought intent. Faith in something can be easily corrupted by others thought forms, how does one that beleives in the Bible know it to be true? They dont by weights and measures, but hard Science misses the added element of Magick call it god or human freewill intent just as faith driven belief systems are missing the "ill logic" in their stance; faith born only with no real measureable proof.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   

vethumanbeing

OptimusSubprime

As you say, why is Creationism, Darwinism so polarized (polar-dizzmesmerised)
"the Who being us, versus Those being them". The two actually work together and no one gets it. The practical earth sciences will never understand the metaphysical those forces are based in thought intent. Faith in something can be easily corrupted by others thought forms, how does one that beleives in the Bible know it to be true? They dont by weights and measures, but hard Science misses the added element of Magick call it god or human freewill intent just as faith driven belief systems are missing the "ill logic" in their stance; faith born only with no real measureable proof.

I agree and say that science do not want any proof. So many people who are materialists cannot even handle what they with science have observed. Spooky Quantum entanglement for instance.

If they really wanted to prove the healing quality of faith (intention->manifestation) tools then they would have already done it. Now days it is just greed of money that makes people not have spiritual healing as a complement to giving substance that the body lack to heal itself to the best of the bodies potential. Many scientist really hate the placebo effect since it is against their faith in materialism.

Faith driven people going after the healing witches again. History repeats itself with different actors/views.
edit on 17-4-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Like you, I also found out that people have lost their path, divided between science and religion, each denying the other, even though they should be one. Both religion and science include extractable information and neither should be believed blindly.
New bibles and other religions have become inaccurate, giving more potential to people taking it too literally. And no words can describe reality as good as you yourself can understand it from within, through the help of texts.
Science is based on assumptions that could be wrong and is also influenced by powers of wealth for benefit.

I also support possible original meanings from Jesus and have my own teachings to guide those who I can reach.
You could say Jesus is in all of us at once, acting mainly through the wisest. Prophets will always exist again, more or less.
The magnetic fields aka influences caused from actions reflected from human to human, from object to object are nearly invisible to the eye and yet our perception is only divided into different persons and times by only seeing from this body.

The people were warned not to worship another imagine of a god, yet in lack of time worshiping the bible and a god as if given an image, so it has it's negative effects on us. The story of forgiveness is not about being thankful to Jesus, but to understand how forgiving makes each other happy.
Evolution theory is partially right, but does not explain the whole reason for why we can be here in this way. If you look at it a way where the life within you has realized something and works together to be you, you get yet closer to the reason. If you take the bible literally, you might think a person created humans, perhaps it is even true, especially after finding the ancient unchanged texts. But an alternative, that a larger mechanism of life working together gave help to give give birth to this is another working interpretation.

Unlike you I started from the path of analysis and have now to get deeper and deeper into the texts of wise men from the old times to find the last clues from old data about meditation, chakras, the history of the planet and so on. I stopped blindly believing the media version of the bible when my mother yelled at me for saying jelly while praying as a child after asking what I wish for, crying for a whole night..

If you badly need a husband to become happy or have benefits, I'll be there for you, no matter how you look like or whether passive or active.

Our countries are next to each other, my age 4 years away, however, my body flawed.
I can guide you on your journey to understanding and we can exchange to become one.
To me we are all one and the same, having to find the best possible goal and the best possible means to achieve it, so my task is to take action to cause happiness, feel with it and also spread wisdom.

The trick to not be hated and yet be recognized and being able to teach both religious and scientific people and bring them back together is to talk in their way, knowing what will make them understand you wrong or what makes them remember topics which they are trained to put hate against. It is to not cause a 3rd divided group - to know they are like you, but lack information required to understand you

edit on 17-4-2014 by oneoneone because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join