It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Ghost Car Causes Accident - Appears from nowhere?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gemwolf
A reddit user cheese_without_toast made this gif with explanation:

This is the best explanation I've seen so far as well.

I think you can see the sneaky Russian car approaching the intersection by it's lights under the tram (circled):

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: wulff
that definitely explains it thanks!
too bad we can't get a look at the drivers involved cameras .

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

originally posted by: Gemwolf
A reddit user cheese_without_toast made this gif with explanation:

Personally I still don't see it. When the "ghost car" appears you simply expect it to be longer and sticking out on the other end of the BMW as well.

My guess is also that the "ghost car" was part of the traffic flow crossing the intersection hidden behind the BMW until spun out in front of the BMW after it accelerated too much. Check out the "ghost car's" left front wheel. It seems to be in the furthest left turning position typical of oversteer. I.e. not the position of the wheel you would expect it to be if the car came from the opposite side of the road as the above gif suggests.

A great optical illusion either way as I suspect a ghost car won't leave body parts in the middle of the road after being hit.

The illustration in the GIF is probably the best explanation and I'm sure it's correct. The car in front (and the car in front of him, on the right) is turning in a circle, matching and blocking the position of the "ghost car" the entire time. We don't see it until he finally puts on his breaks and the "ghost car" (whom I suspect, ran a red light) passes by.

This is definitely the best example. If you watch the windscreens in the car you can see where they turn dark as the mystery car moves in front.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo
reply to post by zetnom

Awesome! There's one I've seen even crazier but it was part of a compilation of general bad driving in Russia. It was just as blatant as this but nobody seemed to notice and I was like "woah... wait a second" and when I commented, nobody seemed to care. It was weird. If I find it again, I'll post it.

- ps edit add - Found it! Check out the one-minute mark.

The more I watch this, I come to the conclusion, that there has to be a sharp turn before the camera, you can even see a light turn in the foreground, so I just assume, that the turn is sharper off-camera and the people underestimate it.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
This is what happens when you don't turn on your blinker when making a left turn.

Nah, Idk. I can't see movement through the windows or anything. Obviously, the driver sees the car at the last minute. It came from somewhere.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

I'm not saying it's a cosmic ray

But it's a cosmic ray.

OT:
I watched it several times and it is definitely mind boggling. I think the car may've flew between the bus and was going so fast that it just looks like it appeared from out of nowhere. If not, the Doc and Marty just arrived in to town.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   
My observation of the video in the OP:

As the 0:06 mark you can see a car in the far background behind the truck and other cars waiting for the traffic light, opposite the camera car. This car swerves to the left side of screen, goes behind the other cars onto what I assume is a sidewalk and at about the 0:08 mark you can see it coming from behind those cars.

The car is driving pretty fast and it's view is blocked by the BMW in front of the camera, until it emerges right on front of that same car and gets hit.

Unfortunately, the slow motion part of the video doesn't show the beginning, where the car crosses behind the stationary ones. However, at the 0:25 mark you see the tail lights of the "ghost" car a little to the right and above the right tail light of the BMW. From that point on in the next few frames you can clearly see the rear of the "ghost" car, with it's bumper and tail light as seen from the side.

The only strange thing is that the driver of the BMW only brakes at around 0:29 when the "ghost" car seems to be right in front of him at least 5 seconds before that.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: n00bUK
I see a woman with dark frizzy hair driving

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   
If you look carefully you can see the edge of the "ghost car" projecting from the right hand side of the main car after turns into the intersection. Obviously the car came from the direction if the tram but was obscured by the main car and then turned into the maincar whilst almost being completely obscured by it (save for the edge you can see) until the "ghost car" drives off.

Nothing supernatural.
edit on 18-4-2014 by Anglojew because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: jrflipjr

and here are player vanish into thin air.

edit on 18/4/14 by Hitman47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: zetnom

You kidding i hope? If the car truly did appear from nowhere, then the other car wouldnt have had the time to stop and would have crashed right into it. It is either fake or the ghost car was always there but ran the red light thus why the other car looks like it was surprised.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I'm kinda leaning towards the gif animation as being correct...could be wrong though. But I don't think it's anything paranormal/supernatural.

And as far as the tunnel video goes... I thought I remember reading somewhere that it's due to a nearby river or stream that leaks into the tunnel and creates black (almost impossible to see) ice.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Hitman47

Wow, that's a mind-boggling one... I suspect the player "falls off the bottom of the screen" and lays there on the ground while the other two stumble on, making it appear the third one vanished.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Has to be something missing here. Like in the "ghost car" that supposedly disappears through the fence (I'm sure most have seen it). In that case, the car just pushed the fence up then the fence came back down. It was one of those chain link fences that probably didn't have fasteners on the poles. Just flipped up and right back down behind the car. This one, I'm not sure about but all things being equal, it's probably NOT a ghost car.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
It's a modern day Russian version of Marty McFly, I though at least that was obvious?

As the above person said, I remember this video not having answers still either:

edit on 18-4-2014 by skyblueworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo
reply to post by zetnom

Awesome! There's one I've seen even crazier but it was part of a compilation of general bad driving in Russia. It was just as blatant as this but nobody seemed to notice and I was like "woah... wait a second" and when I commented, nobody seemed to care. It was weird. If I find it again, I'll post it.

- ps edit add - Found it! Check out the one-minute mark.

hmmm that is weird, where did that first truck come from?
edit on 18-4-2014 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: skyblueworld
It's a modern day Russian version of Marty McFly, I though at least that was obvious?

As the above person said, I remember this video not having answers still either:

I remember seeing this some time ago....I wonder if any news agency or person ever checked back with the cops in the chase car to see if they ever came up with a solution?

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
China 2012 fake or angel or teleport youtu.be...
edit on 18/4/14 by mangust69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
There was a show I forgot what is was that showed the Car could have passed under the fence still keeping the fence intact. They actually recreated it.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: zetnom

someone came up with a good explanation on reddit

i.imgur.com...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join