It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Ghost Car Causes Accident - Appears from nowhere?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Aldakoopa

I am pretty sure it is a Mercedes C Class, I doubt they would be running Chevy's in the Motherland

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by zetnom

Sorry I was refereeing the tunnel video, in your video I'm just trying to see the driver but I don't see one yet

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

jesus there must be a banana peel in that tunnel somewhere!

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

zetnom
reply to post by Aldakoopa

I am pretty sure it is a Mercedes C Class, I doubt they would be running Chevy's in the Motherland

No, they have Chevrolets. I drive a Chevy Sonic, which is a redesigned Aveo. They renamed it in North America, but in the rest of the world it's still called an Aveo. I was a member of a Sonic owner's forum, and we had Russian members join with their "Aveo"s. I even had to go outside and look at my Sonic from the side really good to compare the size and shape of the lights, windows, the curve of the top, etc. I'm pretty sure that's a Chevy, but I could always be wrong.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Its quite a brilliant plan, if its been edited
post a video that makes people watch over and over .Yout ube count goes up and the downloader gets money for the car repairs and driving lessons
Its the middle pedal that makes your car stop

edit on 16-4-2014 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Omg how have I not seen these videos before??

Haha that is madness. Really makes you wonder. In the OP video I see NO reason why the driver of the lead car would not have braked sooner had that car really came from where it looked like it did. If that makes any sense, lol i think he shouldve clearly been able to seen the car coming EXCEPT it appeared out of nowehere haha wild.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jrflipjr

I see no way how to explain that one and it would certainly be much harder to edit this IMO.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
It appears to be a double left turn lane. It could simply be that the "ghost car" is masked behind the BMW while following the turn in the other lane, and we don't see it until it's rear skids out causing it to cut in front of the BMW. Probably just a matter of taking the turn too fast on a slippery road.

I do a lot of driving, so I've experienced cars "coming out of nowhere" on occasion. But usually I sum it up to people driving recklessly. Doing stuff like following too closely and cutting around a car that's already halfway through a lane change, etc. Some people also seem to drive like they have X-ray vision while cutting through traffic in a blind turn, and I'm surprised they haven't had their car totaled yet.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Obviously, impacts make the invisibility systems malfunction... in both videos.

Certain factions are tooling around in cars and trucks with cameras and LEDs projecting the backgrounds to make them invisible... simple.

Why someone would want to drive on Russian roads while invisible is the real question...

Now I'm kidding around... but the illusions are pretty wild.

The car could have weaved through traffic in the precise manner to avoid the camera in the OP video... and the truck could have been tailgating its exact double in the second one... but wow... and I'm not one to completely throw out the possibility of time-slips, dimensional doors, glitches in the matrix, etc.

Close friends have a family tale of them being in an intersection in their clunker car about to be broadsided by a red light runner and then instantaneously finding themselves a hundred yards down the road, safe, with the red light runner careening and screeching in the intersection behind them... wildly trying to avoid their car that was no longer there.

The driver, the dad, was a physicist and was dumbfounded... still is. Weird stuff happens.
edit on 4/16/2014 by Baddogma because: clarity

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by zetnom

Wow, people there do not know how to drive!

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by pauljs75

The 2 cars in the right turn lane are accounted for, in the frame, with the "ghost car".. you can see that there are no vehicles between the orange one, and the one that made it through the intersection...

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by pauljs75

The "Ghost" Car does seem as though it is turning into a slide, is there a possibility that it was in a spin across the junction and the the reason that the rear of the car is not seen because the car is front on at that point?

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I don't even see a driver! If we figured out where the car came from, then we have another mystery...WHO IS DRIVING IT???

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Midnight13
I don't even see a driver! If we figured out where the car came from, then we have another mystery...WHO IS DRIVING IT???

I didn't even notice that at first. When the car gets to the left part of the screen and the headlights from the oncoming car shines through the front passenger window, you can't really see anybody there.

Nice.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Midnight13

I can see a driver ok, its not obviously clear due to the glare and lighting. Tried to enhance the photo a bit.

You can just make an outline of a figure.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by zetnom

Ah I see, but still very well hidden.

I watched this video like 20 times now and I can't think of a logical explenation

Too bad we don't have access to the dash cam videos of the people in the opposite direction.
edit on 16 4 2014 by Midnight13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
A couple things that I noticed. The car in the right-hand lane appears to react a little before the other guy, as it seems to me he slowed down as if the car were coming through the intersection, but just moving at such a speed that the car in the left lane blocked it from the camera's view. The guy in the left lane, however, hits his brake lights only a split second before we see the car pop out from in front. So he hits his brakes right before we see the ghost car. So it seems to me that this is not a ghost car at all, just an idiot who ran a red light. He must have been waiting to go straight. I just thought about looking to see if we can tell any difference in the cars waiting at the light where the ghost car must have come from. Perhaps he was stopped there and then took off, in which case there may be a space over there where that car was, or we may see headlights that look different, as other cars pulled up to fill the void, if anyone is following what I'm saying. Didn't explain it all that well, lol.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
The thing that is throwing me off the most is the lack of light from the "ghost" vehicle. Even splitting it down into the frames and enhancing the images you can see lots of different light sources reflecting off the wet road almost right across the image, but nothing from the car in question.

I need to stop watching it, my mind is playing tricks on me now. I am still not 100% convinced that it has not been edited, it would not be too difficult to cut the first part of the car out, I have done similar in the past.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
There is about 8 seconds of video that is not there starting around the 0.29 mark. It is obvious that the Beamer driver has already seen something when he starts braking, then nothing for that time period.
edit on 16-4-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Superb! Seriously good catch. I just love videos like this. Brilliant.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join