It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Ghost Car Causes Accident - Appears from nowhere?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I have watched this video numerous times and I cannot work out where the car comes from. Every time I think I have worked it out and re watch, it just does not work. It must be a freakish optical illusion and due to its positioning is hidden behind the two cars until impact.

What do you think?

edit on 16-4-2014 by zetnom because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by zetnom

I tried to watch it twice but it errors out. Tells me to try again later.

Edit - I would tell u where I am but then you would know.
edit on 16-4-2014 by minusinfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I seen this earlier and honestly I literally just logged on to post it, but Flash here beat me

Watched it over ten times now and no matter how many times I reply it I can not see where that car comes from. Whats even more interesting is that it looks like their isnt even in the vehicle, let alone driving.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

Hmmmm...... wish I could see it.

Are you sure it's legit, not a student special effects project?

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by zetnom

Kinda like the Russian army taking Crimea. There's something funny going on in Russia...

As for the video, it's kinda like:

Referee appears out of nowhere (0:07 seconds)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

Well after a bit more digging there is talk that the car came from the right hand side in between the trams and that you can see the rear of the car jest before it hits. I cannot see that at all, I have slowed it down and looked at the frames. Maybe I shall look again..

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I've watched it several time and I cannot figure out how the illusion was caused. It's a very strange video indeed.

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by zetnom

Awesome! There's one I've seen even crazier but it was part of a compilation of general bad driving in Russia. It was just as blatant as this but nobody seemed to notice and I was like "woah... wait a second" and when I commented, nobody seemed to care. It was weird. If I find it again, I'll post it.

- ps edit add - Found it! Check out the one-minute mark.

edit on 16-4-2014 by Cuervo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by zetnom

That's crazy! if only dash cams were common here like in Russia, I bet we'd see a lot more weird things here in the US. I can't figure out where that car is coming from...

S&F I love stuff like this

The only explenation I could think of is time slips, or things from parallel universes slipping into our universe.

edit on 16 4 2014 by Midnight13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
The only reason I can see that it has come from the right direction is that the orange car brakes hard before the BMW.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

zetnom
reply to post by n00bUK

Well after a bit more digging there is talk that the car came from the right hand side in between the trams and that you can see the rear of the car jest before it hits. I cannot see that at all, I have slowed it down and looked at the frames. Maybe I shall look again..

I noticed that my self, but was wondering why the driver took so long to brake given the view he had of either one of the cars that were in view between the tram and white van.

It is plausible that it is one of them though, the driver could have just been totally oblivious and not noticed it.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

That is pretty bad, I am assuming that the corner is off camber or has a bump in the road there which is enough to unload the suspension and cause a lack of traction. I know that there is an issue caused in the Monaco Grand Prix F1 Race where by entering the tunnel it disturbs the aerodynamic flow over the rear of the car reducing downforce, I would not imagine this would in play with a standard car though.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Cuervo

Wtf.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

zetnom
reply to post by Cuervo

That is pretty bad, I am assuming that the corner is off camber or has a bump in the road there which is enough to unload the suspension and cause a lack of traction. I know that there is an issue caused in the Monaco Grand Prix F1 Race where by entering the tunnel it disturbs the aerodynamic flow over the rear of the car reducing downforce, I would not imagine this would in play with a standard car though.

But does that issue in Monaco cause the F1 cars to appear to duplicate and crash into themselves?

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

I had forget that video, I saw it many times a few years ago and only thing I see it's a jump in continuity at the middle of the crash, I think it edited.

Russia is a weird place nonetheless, clearly western world do not understand it

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Doc and Marty really mis-calculated something there didn't they? What happened to the Delorean?

Weird though, I have no idea where that car came from.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by zetnom

Well it was a solid vehicle and not a ghost vehicle. The lead car hit it and lost some part of the car off of the front after it passed. Odd but it's probably a Chinese Lantern or a bird

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Cuervo
reply to post by zetnom

Awesome! There's one I've seen even crazier but it was part of a compilation of general bad driving in Russia. It was just as blatant as this but nobody seemed to notice and I was like "woah... wait a second" and when I commented, nobody seemed to care. It was weird. If I find it again, I'll post it.

That is so weird.
Looks like the same truck!!??
o_O makes you wonder.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigent

There is a strange anomoly in the video when you split it down into its frames, where you would expect to see the rear of the car there appears to be blur/duplicate effect, but it is difficult to tell with the quality of the footage.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I started to think I had figured it out, but then watched it a few more times and decided I was nowhere close. I can tell you that it looks like the ghost car might be a Chevy Aveo... but that doesn't help.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join