It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where the Easter Bunny came from and why he delivers eggs.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by minusinfinity

I said this to a religious friend and they got so mad!!

I find it hilarious how they can preach to you all day long and tell you that you need Jesus and all that crap yet when you tell them the origins of one of their hijacked holidays they get pissed and won't hear of it.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

If only i was not in this seedy hotel room and had my computer i would have posted "Bright eyes" by Garfunkle so that we could all have a good sob and get all nostalgic about your chocolate haemorroids Beez!

Humph... Never mind... Right off to bed for me for dribbly dreams involving chocolate covered faces and indigestion...

Nighty night folks

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

mblahnikluver

I said this to a religious friend and they got so mad!!

I find it hilarious how they can preach to you all day long and tell you that you need Jesus and all that crap yet when you tell them the origins of one of their hijacked holidays they get pissed and won't hear of it.

As they say the truth hurts.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

The reason given in the OP is correct-ish. But missing much of the real meaning.

Essentially it goes like this: Ostara is celebrated as the spring rebirth festival. Rabbits, chicks, and ducks are springtime animals and popularly represent birth.

Eggs...same thing. They are a symbol of birth, fertility, etc.

To an initiate, the gods and goddesses are merely metaphors for a system of understanding. To the profane, festivals are created to honor them. Tomayto, tomahto.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Thats funny Des, last time I saw Beezer by the noob cookies he looked like this =O

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

ROFLMAO! That right there, is bunny nightmare material....

Des

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Hey what can I say, thats how the bunny guards the cutsie eggs mrs bunny takes care, got to scare off them predators and all that.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Brotherman

Hey what can I say, thats how the bunny guards the cutsie eggs mrs bunny takes care, got to scare off them predators and all that.

Here's the creepy bunny brigade....they go well with your creepy bunny...look what you started Beezer...

Des

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

lol I was already familiar with the term, "multiply like rabbits." I wasn't aware it was of the Beezer Brood. I'm actually kind of shocked and I'm the badger WTF are bunnies and badgers switching roles? OMG

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Easter is basically about the renewal of life. Everything in Easter reflects this theme. It does, however, borrow a variety of expressions which can muddle the message. Thanks for bringing us this educational thread!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join