It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Private vs Public Sector Unions - Apples and Oranges

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   

greencmp

JohnnyCanuck

greencmp
For public sector unions, it amounts to government funded lobbying for increased public works and other government expansion.
That's nonsense. The money comes from employee wages, and is based upon the rate of pay. You know, one thing that irks me about this conversation as well. We hear lots about the demonic Big Labour. Well, when a contract is being negotiated...when I was on a negotiating team...we volunteers were across the table from high-priced lawyers and HR professionals. Slightly unbalanced unless the Big Boys (gender neutral) come in with their expertise. And if it was not for the strength of our numbers, we'd 'a been screwed. Same goes for grievances, which are violations of the mutually agreed-upon rules of play. I was a busy guy...and never lost a grievance.

You really don't get it do you? Public sector employee wages are our tax payer dollars.

You are a disgusted, angry, hateful and vociferous opponent of what, the american people?
edit on 16-4-2014 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

one part YOU don't get....our taxpayer dollars ALSO fund billions in profits for the wealthy owners that do business with the federal, state and local governments....funny how you go after the little guy who is actually doing the grunt work, day after day, yet conveniently leave out the multi-millionaires who suck off the governments teat for their massive pay-outs.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   

jimmyx

greencmp

JohnnyCanuck

greencmp
For public sector unions, it amounts to government funded lobbying for increased public works and other government expansion.
That's nonsense. The money comes from employee wages, and is based upon the rate of pay. You know, one thing that irks me about this conversation as well. We hear lots about the demonic Big Labour. Well, when a contract is being negotiated...when I was on a negotiating team...we volunteers were across the table from high-priced lawyers and HR professionals. Slightly unbalanced unless the Big Boys (gender neutral) come in with their expertise. And if it was not for the strength of our numbers, we'd 'a been screwed. Same goes for grievances, which are violations of the mutually agreed-upon rules of play. I was a busy guy...and never lost a grievance.

You really don't get it do you? Public sector employee wages are our tax payer dollars.

You are a disgusted, angry, hateful and vociferous opponent of what, the american people?
edit on 16-4-2014 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

one part YOU don't get....our taxpayer dollars ALSO fund billions in profits for the wealthy owners that do business with the federal, state and local governments....funny how you go after the little guy who is actually doing the grunt work, day after day, yet conveniently leave out the multi-millionaires who suck off the governments teat for their massive pay-outs.

Because you already know about corporate welfare, much of which goes to unionized corporations btw.

<< 1   >>

join