It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

eBook Readers: 9/11 "Fiction" Novel, hmmmmmmmmmmm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
So I am an avid reader of conspiracy topics and plenty of other stuff. I have read a few JFK books, a ton of 9/11 books, occult books, supernatural stuff, etc... but rarely am I intrigued by FICTIONAL stories surrounding these topics. Usually when a writer tries to go fictional using serious topics, they go way to far and make it stupid, so much so I never finish the book.

With that said, I came across a new ebook last week titled STORM CLOUD RISING by WILLIAMS/CORCORAN, and it is a 9/11 fiction novel. The summary on Amazon intrigued me enough to give it a try. Well, now I am wondering how "fictional" this book really is, or if this is an attempt at telling a real incident in a fictional tale!!!

You guys think those who may have access to info or who knew something others didn't, might start letting some information out this way? Maybe there is a method to to this madness. Either way, this book made me think and was actually a good read for once considering it's fictional label.

If you guys have any suggestions on new books (within the past year) about 9/11, JFK, Supernatural, etc... feel free to share titles, I am ALWAYS looking.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by IroncladFT

Could you give us a gist of what the book goes into?

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Sremmos80

Could you give us a gist of what the book goes into?

Basically about young terrorist cell members who were planted in an upstate NY college as exchange students, but their mission was to use the college, internships, etc...to gain access and information for the main cell members who carried out 9/11. The government trains special operations guys to go in undercover and expose the cell before 9/11, but because of a political conspiracy to allow 9/11, the team is unable to locate them in time. 9/11 happens and now they all of a sudden are told by Washington to find and kill the cell members without any interrogation. The team secretly refuses and after locating the cell members extract info that implicated Bush, Chaney, DC, etc...and basically says the gov knew about that day and let it happen. Then the team kills said terrorists but with a twist involving the CIA. The way it is written and some of the things said throughout the story made me pause and think.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

See if you can find the author who wrote it and some back story info on him. Writing and theatre has been used for centuries to tell stories that can't be told in truth. Perhaps there's more to it than one would like to admit.

Corocan is one author. Dodged the Vietnam war and was stateless for a period, spent time in a Mexican prison.

RC Williams (??) Only author I could find under that name. A minister from a Baptist church, also an author. Not sure if it is the one, but possibly as he has a background in criminal justice as well.

Kind of an odd mix, for a writing partnership. Maybe the minister overheard stories in his church and wanted to pair up with Corocan.

I will say that nearly every fictional novel is related to real world in some way. Even if it is just the characters who are modelled off actual people, there's always a little something...
edit on 16-4-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Hide in plain sight.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   

boncho

See if you can find the author who wrote it and some back story info on him. Writing and theatre has been used for centuries to tell stories that can't be told in truth. Perhaps there's more to it than one would like to admit.

Corocan is one author. Dodged the Vietnam war and was stateless for a period, spent time in a Mexican prison.

RC Williams (??) Only author I could find under that name. A minister from a Baptist church, also an author. Not sure if it is the one, but possibly as he has a background in criminal justice as well.

Kind of an odd mix, for a writing partnership. Maybe the minister overheard stories in his church and wanted to pair up with Corocan.

I will say that nearly every fictional novel is related to real world in some way. Even if it is just the characters who are modelled off actual people, there's always a little something...
edit on 16-4-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

Yeah I looked them both up and thought the same thing. Corcoran admitting he dodged the draft in his bio lends a little bit of credit that he would help write a story that DID implicate the WAR machine in DC. That his view would be, EXPOSE the truth, but who really knows, just my take. As for Williams, I didn't find anything either. On the Amazon page it says he was a veteran of the Army, a cop, and contractor in Afghanistan. That doesn't mean much as far as actually knowing anything IMO, but does account for knowing the lingo to write this kind of story. Maybe he knows someone who is using as an outlet? I agree though...odd collaboration just by the two bios I read.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: IroncladFT

On the Amazon page it says he was a veteran of the Army, a cop, and contractor in Afghanistan. That doesn't mean much as far as actually knowing anything IMO, but does account for knowing the lingo to write this kind of story. Maybe he knows someone who is using as an outlet? I agree though...odd collaboration just by the two bios I read.

That's definitely interesting. If the one is an author and the other does not have much experience in writing, but was in war zones during his occupation with defence contractors, it's possible his insider knowledge in the industry led him to come up with the main ideas, while the other was the one who could put it all down into a book.

Not saying there is any validity to the story, but, I'd say it's worth knowing more about how it came into existence...

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Well now that I read up on a REAL military unit code named: ABLE DANGER, and after reading this novel, I honestly don't think it is a fictional book anymore. I honestly think it is a REAL story hiding in plain site as a fictional novel. Just my opinion....and if what happened in the book actually happened on U.S. soil, holy SHT!!!!

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: IroncladFT

Or this book is a spin off of abledanger...
Surprised you haven't heard of it until recently, your in for a quite a rabbit hole if that is the first you are finding out about the foreknowledge the US had of 911.
In case you didn't know, we knew about pearl harbor too

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Yeah, I know about the Pearl, and knew, by simple common sense of the events, that 9/11 had a lot of holes...but I honestly never heard of Able Danger until recently. Then like I said, I read this "FICTION" novel and if what this book is saying is true, some Fd'up stuff went on on a college campus near NYC a year prior to 9/11. It's just pretty crazy to think a "tale" is nothing more than a real operation being told outright so the masses simply brush it off as fake.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Well, there is a book on how to write conspiracy fiction. Which I find to be kinda ingenious.

top topics

join