It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jordan says it destroyed combat vehicles crossing from Syria!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Things are starting to heat up again in the middle east.

Amman (AFP) - Jordanian air force fighter jets destroyed a number of combat vehicles Wednesday as they tried to enter the kingdom from war-hit Syria by crossing the border, the army said.

news.yahoo.com...

Related: Syrian opposition fighters obtain US-made anti-tank missiles

WASHINGTON — Syria's opposition fighters have been supplied with U.S.-made anti-tank missiles, the first time a major American weapons system has appeared in rebel hand

www.stripes.com...
edit on 16-4-2014 by nighthawk1954 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Firstly the article says THREE wheeled vehicles.....so I don't think they were very heavy one if they were "military"at all....
Sounds like a HERD OF SMUGGLERS more likely...or ?
Would be ironic if this was our own deep cover guys wouldn't it?

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I'd hardly call this heating up I'd say this was pretty routine for all country's surrounding Syria trying to control and contain the situation

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Jordan are Israeli puppets, of course there going to throw a few around. As for the Anti-tank systems, so much for the USA only supplying aid, Assad must be giving the terrorists a good old hiding.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

TritonTaranis
I'd hardly call this heating up I'd say this was pretty routine for all country's surrounding Syria trying to control and contain the situation

What? Control and containing the situation is not arming extremist groups to the teeth with weapons so the fighting continues.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I must say for all that hes a brutal dicktater.....I have to smile when I hear of an underdog holding his ground......there has to be a fair amount of public support for Assad to keep fighting this hard....
edit on 16-4-2014 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

stirling
I must say for all that hes a brutal dicktater.....I have to smile when I hear of an underdog holding his ground......there has to be a fair amount of public support for Assad to keep fighting this hard....

Well to be honest with you he's had most of the countries support since the very beginning of the war.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
having American made weapons does not mean America is supplying the weapons to any group. we have been selling arms to anyone on earth who will buy em for ages now. just a fyi.

Might be the US of course...but this article doesn't say that..so its just an assumption. Israel could be supplying it considering they are like a home depot for American weapons.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
yeah, what goes around....I once bought 45 govt pistols from East Germany when Castro traded in the CIA supplied guns for Combloc ones....A guy i know imported the left overs from a German scrap yard.....they all still worked just fine ....

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

stirling

Well he does have Russian funding and weapons to fight

Hench the Saudis sending in US anti tank weapons

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I don't imagine a bit of Russian rent on Tartus base buys a lot of bullets....the rebels I have seen aint packing m16s they have Russian guns too.....

and all the money in the world wont get people to be willing to die to prolong your dicktating to them......unless the alternative is oblivion maybe...

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Ya, crazy if it would have been some US specops forces exfiltrating after a successful mission. Then the Jordanians take them out, maybe without knowing who they were, and then come out and make these claims in an attempt to cover their tracks to some degree. Not very plausible, but I thought I would indulge the idea. I too have doubts as to whether these were military vehicles, and if they were, what were they doing there? Maybe they got lost. Quite plausible I suppose. Last time I checked, an invasion usually takes more than three vehicles. It would take more than that to invade Vatican City, and that is only .2 square miles, lol. Well, there are a lot of people there though.

new topics

top topics

join