It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-govt protesters seize Ukrainian APCs, army units 'switch sides' (VIDEO)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Still think they're hired terrorists?

Anti-govt protesters seize Ukrainian APCs, army units 'switch sides' (VIDEO)

Kiev’s military faced off with protesters in east Ukraine on Wednesday to sort out their differences…and found none. Soldiers appeared reluctant to go into battle against anti-government activists.

They really don't want to work for the western-backed crooks in Kiev.

One YouTube video of what happened next shows a woman coming to a soldier with the reproach: “You are the army, you must protect the people.”

“We are not going to shoot, we weren’t even going to,” is the soldier’s reply.

Military vehicles parked in downtown Kramatorsk have turned into hotspots for political discussion, with people beside the vehicles trying to get their views through to people on top of the tanks.

Another video features the Kramatorsk crowds loudly chanting “Army with the people” and applauding the soldiers as they were leaving their APCs.

“Guys, we are with you! You are great!” women are heard yelling to the vacating soldiers.

Six Ukrainian military vehicles in Kramatorsk actually switched sides and began flying Russian flags on Wednesday.

Around 60 crew members of Ukrainian armored vehicles sent to Kramatorsk for carrying out the military operation against anti-government protesters, have switched sides and joined the local self-defense squads, according to RIA Novosti, citing the self-defense leadership.

“We’ve seen here, that these are neither separatists nor terrorists, but ordinary local residents, with whom we are not going to go to battle,” one of the defected soldiers said.

All of the troops who decided to side with the self-defense come from the Dnepropetrovsk region, neighboring with the Donetsk one.

This YouTube video shows an encounter where some of the Ukrainian military vehicles raise Russian flags, while others raise the flags of the Donetsk People’s Republic that the supporters of federalization want to establish. The crowd reacted with loud cheers.

Tell me,

^ do they look like terrorists to you?

“Both sides were simply standing there and smoking, waiting for God-knows-what. Then the local militia came to the scene, and asked the locals to step back and started negotiations. The soldiers were asked if they would like to surrender. They thought a little bit – and agreed,” Vladimir said.

The soldiers and civilians started fraternizing very quickly and soon were joking about “coming for a visit without weapons next time.” Many of the soldiers put on St. George’s ribbons, the traditional Russian emblem used to commemorate the Soviet Union’s fight against Nazism in World War II.

Rant time.

I think the Nazistic Russophobic insanity unfolding in Kiev is out-of-control and downright disgusting. Don't get me wrong, Putin is a warmonger and a tyrant whom I think is working for Bilderberg behind closed doors, pretending to be an opponent of them (when in an earlier RT article Putin was accused of supporting the 9/11 official story, which in an even earlier article was declared by the same source to be an inside job based on 911 reasons, just in case we have those of you coming into this article claiming RT is government-controlled, which, as is now obvious, is utter bs...) while he is in fact playing along with Obama and his buds in the White House to stage an event that will most likely come to be known in future years as the Russo-American War. Or the New Cold War, whichever comes first.

The people that are going to suffer the most are the Russian people, American people, and Ukrainian people, and all of the European peoples of the EU caught in between this financial, and most likely future martial, struggle between governments being duped by their despotic, insane rulers into hating, fighting, and killing one another. The result will be rampant Russophobia widespread internationally, and the Russian name will be slandered and hated, all according to plan. Also according to plan, will be hatred of the American people as well, for as the widespread general recognition of 'American democracy', people all across the EU will be like, "Hey, they could have prevented this!", and the result will be the blame being placed on the American people for allowing this coup to take place in Kiev. I cannot begin to describe the amount of anger and rage built up inside of me at these ruthless elites thinking they have some sort of justification for treating humanity like pets, like toys to play around with. This should be infuriating everyone as much as it is me. One day, the world will rise up and realize what is going on here, and they are going to be very, very angry.

Unfortunately, I think America is going to be one of the LAST places to see this sort of psychological transition, because of how brainwashed a majority of our population, which will hinder our ability to get such a movement started. We're too distracted with media because of our damned so-called 'leaders' stranglehold on our economy, culture, and way of life. But I pray we one day realize what's going on here, and join our brothers across seas in the fight for humanity.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I have read a story about these Ukraine soldiers that "switched" sides earlier today, and after a couple of hours this information had been changed to Ukraine soldiers are kept as prisoners.

And yes, these people really look like terrorists.
edit on 16-4-2014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Maybe we can all agree the BANKS and the BANKERS.....the CORPORATE STRUCTURE OF THE WORLD.....is the real enemy of mankind......
Whern we finally do (and we will).........look out!

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

stirling
Maybe we can all agree the BANKS and the BANKERS.....the CORPORATE STRUCTURE OF THE WORLD.....is the real enemy of mankind......
Whern we finally do (and we will).........look out!

The human revolution is coming. And there's nothing, not even all of the shills, brainwashed, and their masters and their masters' brainwashed armies all combined as one, can do to stop it!

link   
reply to post by stirling

I will rephrase it:

Enemies of the humankind are no others than us, the humans.

link   

Nikola014
I have read a story about these Ukraine soldiers that "switched" sides earlier today, and after a couple of hours this information had been changed to Ukraine soldiers are kept as prisoners.

And yes, these people really look like terrorists.

Yep, totally terrorists!
Silly western governments...
edit on 16-4-2014 by Davian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

edit on 16-4-2014 by Davian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Davian

It seems that you have misinterpreted my post. I was just pointing out on how stories are been changed to whatever serves West the best( woah, what a rhyme ) in order to justified their any future actions against people of Ukraine.

And it was a sarcasm, obviously.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
If this is the truth I would say Russia is winning this battle.. Seems a bit weird that soldiers would turn on their own apparent government. What the hell is going on over there?

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Nikola014
reply to post by Davian

It seems that you have misinterpreted my post. I was just pointing out on how stories are been changed to whatever serves West the best( woah, what a rhyme ) in order to justified their any future actions against people of Ukraine.

And it was a sarcasm, obviously.

Yes, I realize that now and apologize sincerely.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Well this is perfect timing for Putin, on the eve of negotiations.

Ukraine Soldiers defect, It will be interesting to see how Putin gets the blame for this one, they must have been planted there years ago, just waiting for today...

The Ukraine has set deadlines and failed to follow through with slaughtering the pro Russian protesters (their words)... why?

They made a token effort yesterday...Why a token effort?

I'll sit on the fence to see how this pans out with the scheduled talks planned for today, unless they have been cancelled of course.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
This is no wonder.
Although it is strange that they went to fight against the "Terrorists" in the first place.
Like the other poster suggested.
It may be that they're are prisoners and not defectors.
Or they have understood the other sides perspective and like their idea/ideology better.

After all there is currently no legitimate government.
edit on 16-4-2014 by TheRyder001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Seems a bit weird that soldiers would turn on their own apparent government. What the hell is going on over there?

it's an illegitimate neo-nazi bankster-back government that took power by force without the support of Ukraine army.

now this illegitimate gvt is asking the army to do the dirty work for them but thank god, it'd appear Ukraine army is not a bunch of mindless and ruthless dogs (yes dogs, that's how the banksters call the police & the army, not me)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

TheRyder001
This is no wonder.
Although it is strange that they went to fight against the "Terrorists" in the first place.
Like the other poster suggested.
It may be that they're are prisoners and not defectors.
Or they have understood the other sides perspective and like their idea/ideology better.

After all there is currently no legitimate government.
edit on 16-4-2014 by TheRyder001 because: (no reason given)

I have seen zero reports on the defectors being taken as prisoners. It makes zero sense considering that they clearly drove into these cities with Russian flags and disserted, saying they were going home

Home for most of these guys were cities in east Ukraine. They had no interest in engaging in combat against their families and friends.

However the number I've seen was about 300 defections, out of 2000 or so troops on this operation.

Oh, and let us take a moment to laugh at the junta's version of events where these tanks were flying Russian flags in order to "successfully infiltrate" these rebel cities

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Comeon People now.....these" turncoats "were from a neighbouring district.....right next door.....
Like the Iowa national guard being turned on the citizens of Nebraska or whatever.....of course they had great sympathy for the protesters.....
Its really a bad system of Command and Control that sends troops to shoot their neighbours....should have sent in blackwater...they have no such compunctions maybe....?

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
First of all, the soldiers seen on the armoured vehicles entering the village are not the Ukrainian soldiers. These guys have orange ribbons. Please inform correctly. And also, I can tell you are pro-russin, that's why you posted only the RT Links but those are not the full videos. I guess that's why RT posted them. You can find the full videos on EuroNews where you can also see that the Ukrainian soldiers were surrounded by military men and not only towns people. I can understand RT cutting the videos so people can't see the other, "non-existant" military force.

LINKS: www.bbc.com...
www.bbc.com...
www.hotnews.ro... fruntea-coloanei-intrat-slaviansk.htm

indeed, no military, just regular folks

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by kobewan69

Seriously? Regular people driving military vehicles? Seems legit.

I thought that those kind of things happens only in Russia.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

kobewan69
First of all, the soldiers seen on the armoured vehicles entering the village are not the Ukrainian soldiers. These guys have orange ribbons. Please inform correctly. And also, I can tell you are pro-russin, that's why you posted only the RT Links but those are not the full videos. I guess that's why RT posted them. You can find the full videos on EuroNews where you can also see that the Ukrainian soldiers were surrounded by military men and not only towns people. I can understand RT cutting the videos so people can't see the other, "non-existant" military force.

LINKS: www.bbc.com...
www.bbc.com...
www.hotnews.ro... fruntea-coloanei-intrat-slaviansk.htm

indeed, no military, just regular folks

Because it's impossible to assume that these soldiers put these ribbons on themselves because they are from there and are showing their support? Because lots of sources are saying just that.

Secondly throwing the whole "you're pro-Russian" label is really getting old. This isn't about Russia, this is about Ukraine. In this entire situation Russia has been as much of an external player as the US, and that says a lot about the US considering that Ukraine borders Russia and has a significant amount of ethnic-Russian citizens while Ukraine is on the opposite side of the world from the USA.

Have you ever considered that the so-called "pro-Russians" are actually "anti-fascists" who don't want to see insane ultra-nationalist CIA puppets carry out ethnic cleansing in an attempt to push Russia into starting an overt war with NATO? Same bloody thing happened in 2008 in Georgia. You cannot honestly look back at that war and accuse Russia as being the aggressor without acknowledging that bombarding ethnic-Russian towns with artillery (a crime against humanity: wanton destruction and collective punishment) with wanton malice as being somehow justified.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Davian

Davian. Rather than make a new thread (there are more than enough already) I am linking this story to your Thread, I can't see as it would be considered off topic as we are discussing Ukraine as a whole.

NATO To Boost Air, Warship Presence Around Russia; Netherlands May Deploy F-16s To Ukraine

www.zerohedge.com...

This cannot be because of soldiers defecting.

I will say this again, This makes no sense to me on the day of talks, unless, NATO see the talks going nowhere, or just want to be prepared in the event of, what? or an hostile move on NATO's part. Putin's doing nothing at the moment.

Will Russia be pissed, I would think so, I'm expecting the talks to be cancelled.

INMO I think the next 24 hours will be make all or break all for this situation.

edit on 16-4-2014 by keenasbro because: to add

edit on 16-4-2014 by keenasbro because: spelling

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Nikola014
reply to post by kobewan69

Seriously? Regular people driving military vehicles? Seems legit.

I thought that those kind of things happens only in Russia.

Modern APC's are incredibly easy to drive. Just like driving a truck. You have a wheel and two pedals.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join