It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hobby Lobby’s Steve Green launches a New Project: Public School Bible Curriculum

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Hobby Lobby's Steve Green is at it again! Oklahoma's Mustang Board of Education has agreed to promote one of the most immoral and dangerous books the world has ever seen as a basis of historical truth, morality and rules to live by. The course will be offered to High School students on an elective basis. Green hopes to expand the curriculum into thousands of classrooms in the near future.

Hobby Lobby’s Steve Green launches a new project: a public school Bible curriculum

The Mustang, Okla., school board voted Monday (April 14) to adopt a Bible course developed by Steve Green, clearing the way for the Hobby Lobby president, whose suit against the Affordable Care Act is currently before the U.S. Supreme Court, to enter another charged arena at the borderline of church and state.

---------------------------------

In an award acceptance speech last April before the National Bible Association, Green explained that his goals for a high school curriculum were to show that the Bible is true, that it’s good and that its impact, “whether (upon) our government, education, science, art, literature, family ... when we apply it to our lives in all aspects of our life, that it has been good.”

It's one thing to study the Bible as literature and mythology. We read Homer's "The Odyssey and the Iliad" in High School. But, it's quite another for Green to use his $billions$ to try to coop the public education system with his agenda to brainwash students into believing that the Bible reflects true history and morality.

Of his boss’s 2013 speech, Pattengale said: “The curriculum may or may not espouse those views. The last people (Green) wanted to hire were scholars who would embellish the facts to support his religious position.” A chapter with the provocative title “How Do We Know That the Bible’s Historical Narratives are Reliable?” will include diagrams charting the commonality of multidisciplinary scholarly findings with the biblical account — or the lack of such commonality, he said.

Asked to describe a typical chapter, Pattengale (who also serves on the Religion News Service managing board) outlined a “narrative” segment on creation that includes a summary of the Bible account; a section on how subsequent scientific discoveries relate to what the Bible says; and a consideration of key reasons it was written. A sidebar called “Are People Created Equal?” explores the Book of Genesis’ influence on that idea through history, including the famous phrase from the Declaration of Independence.

Well of course everyone knows that, unlike the US Declaration of Independance, the Bible doesn't teach that all men are created equal! Just look at how this verse below has influenced supposed Christian governments led by and sanctioned by Christian Churches! But are these the kind of values that we want to teach our teenagers as a basis for morality and social structure? i don't think so!

Deuteronomy 7

When the Lord your God brings you into the land where you are entering to possess it, and clears away many nations before you, the Hittites and the Girga#es and the Amorites and the Canaanites and the Perizzites and the Hivites and the Jebusites, seven nations greater and stronger than you,

2 and when the Lord your God delivers them before you and you defeat them, then you shall utterly destroy them. You shall make no covenant with them and show no favor to them.

3 Furthermore, you shall not intermarry with them; you shall not give your daughters to their sons, nor shall you take their daughters for your sons.

4 For they will turn your sons away from following Me to serve other gods; then the anger of the Lord will be kindled against you and He will quickly destroy you.

5 But thus you shall do to them: you shall tear down their altars, and smash their sacred pillars, and hew down their Asherim, and burn their graven images with fire.

6 For you are a holy people to the Lord your God; the Lord your God has chosen you to be a people for His own possession out of all the peoples who are on the face of the earth.

How can we justify our public schools teaching this stuff? How can we justify teaching kids through public education that GOD exists and that after flying around in a "Pillar of Fire", he incarnated into a human flesh suit, born of a virgin, walked on water and changed water to wine, was purposely murdered, as a part of his ingenious plan, set up by himself to pay for crimes committed by mythological people 6000 years ago and to pay a human blood ransom to save humanity from himself, and then rose from the dead and walked around eating and stuff?

How can we justify teaching a book is a basis of morality and truth when it has it's followers gleefully condemning their brothers and sister to an eternity of torture in hell, and praying for the end of world by way of a holy war, known as Armageddon?

edit on 16-4-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
EEGADS!

Ugh. Well, he's not the only one. And I just don't understand the fervor for dumbing down our kids. How is that going to serve for world peace? It isn't. Ever. It won't. At the very least, it's an elective and not a requisite to graduate. Thankfully.

(Pop quiz: Does anyone else here know where the term Eegads comes from?)

S/F windword!

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Nevermind...I'll get it sorted out later. I guess Theocracy of rich pundits is what the US will be. Just like the Saudis, Iran, Israel
edit on 16-4-2014 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by BuzzyWigs

And I just don't understand the fervor for dumbing down our kids. How is that going to serve for world peace? It isn't. Ever. It won't. At the very least, it's an elective and not a requisite to graduate. Thankfully.

This dumbing down of philosophy, science and history is a scary trend, for sure!

Erm, let me guess, it's a sneaky way of avoiding using God's name in vain? "Oh God!" Like God doesn't know that trick! Jeeze! LOL

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

Yes, and....so?
The Constitution was written by the Founding Fathers, none of whom were Bible literalists.
This is not, and never has been, a "Christian Nation." People confuse the Puritan pilgrims' agenda with the Revolutionaries who actually started this country.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Isn't the hour or so in church plus extra hour after church enough? Heck that extra hour after church is called Sunday SCHOOL. Why do they need an elective at high schools to teach this tripe? Ugh... Somehow I think this has to do with the evolution debate and I wouldn't be surprised if the owners of Hobby Lobby are YEC's. This class needs to be stricken down and taken out of the list of selectable electives of that school, it is a clear violation of separation of church and state. Not to mention it is straight up hypocrisy that this church gets to teach their bs as true in schools but no other religion gets to do so.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

True that! The Pope didn't acknowledge that indigenous people were human beings until the mid 1500s! Even then, if they refuse to accept Jesus as their savior, they were summarily killed!

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

BuzzyWigs

Yes, and....so?
The Constitution was written by the Founding Fathers, none of whom were Bible literalists.
This is not, and never has been, a "Christian Nation." People confuse the Puritan pilgrims' agenda with the Revolutionaries who actually started this country.

Calm down...I misread and edited my post. We are on the same side here.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
he's worth a couple of billion, and he can't open his own Christian school?....and why not push for a "logic, basic finance, and critical thinking" elective class.....instead of studying a mythical being

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
At what age does this guy think it is suitable to cover all the homosexuality passages in the bible or has he edited these out as well as stories like the concubine and her killing and being cup up into pieces after her 'owner' slung her out of the door when the men started banging upon it at a house he and his concubine were staying the night at? He clearly didn't show any compassion, was happy for them to 'get at her' (Instead of him whom they had originally wanted) and made do with until after they had finished with her. This is going to be some course and probably will open up a can or worms as people may actually get to read this book for once. I am pretty sure it has survived all this time because they haven't.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

LOL!! It's all good. I wasn't upset. Just wondered what your point was.
nm then.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
damn, doesn't he know now a days we have TV to do our brainwashing with?
get with the times hobby lobby...
geez

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

BuzzyWigs
EEGADS!

Ugh. Well, he's not the only one. And I just don't understand the fervor for dumbing down our kids. How is that going to serve for world peace? It isn't. Ever. It won't. At the very least, it's an elective and not a requisite to graduate. Thankfully.

S/F windword!

re eegads

funny thing about christians and the "using the lords name in vain" business being about other people swearing
whats the root word of vain?
oh yeah...its VAIN!
like as in being vain - bragging - about being a christian
damn, dictionary class should precede bible studies...

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

he's worth a couple of billion, and he can't open his own Christian school?....and why not push for a "logic, basic finance, and critical thinking" elective class.....instead of studying a mythical being - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

There ya go!

You know, he could use his stores as the school; they're closed on Sundays anyway, they could just make it 'The Church of Hobby Lobbyists", and clean out one corner to use as a classroom.

Even Hancock fabric and Lowe's and Home Depot offer free classes!

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Well, It's time to revisit the creation of the Flying Spaghetti Monster again!

Ramen!

- About FSM
- Open Letter To Kansas School Board

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
"Eegadz" (or "Eegads") is a contraction for

"Ye Gods!" from archaic English
and

likewise, "Gadzooks" is from old English "God's Hooks" (referring to the nails of the Cross).

Both acceptable now, but once considered (mild) "swearing."
LOL!!

Holy Cow! Right?

edit on 4/16/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

So it's basically English religious swearing like saying "bloody" (meaning the blood of Jesus)?

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jrflipjr

Ramen!

May Sauce be with you.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

I'm not sure of how "bloody" got to be a word, but yeah, that makes sense...
Anyway, I know when I use it, as an American, it just means 'crappy'.
And I always loved "bloody Hell".

@ windword. Sorry - drifting off topic.

Bloody Hell I'm so tired of these New Apostolic Reformation/Seven Mountain Dominionists trying to overthrow this nation.
It's embarrassing. Some preacher in Texas claimed that he 'prayed too hard' and that's what caused the floods this spring.

Church on the Rock Pastor John Benefiel explained that he had used a “divorce decree” to sever a demon’s hold on drought-stricken states like Texas and Oklahoma on the Christian Internet broadcast Generals International.
“There was no rain in sight, no rain forecast at all,” Benefiel said on the Christian Internet broadcast Generals International. “But literally the day after we first used this Baal divorce decree in 2007 — we declared it in a meeting together — the rains came. And we ended up having more rain between February and June of 2007 than any other 12 month period in history.”
He added that the ceremony was repeated in Missouri, Texas and Kansas.
“And at one point and every lake of Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas and Missouri were at or above flood stage,” Benefiel shared. “And that’s what Chuck [Pierce] had prophecized, that when you see this happen, those are areas targeted for a Holy Spirit invasion.”
houston.cbslocal.com...

Deluded. Gives the word a whole new meaning. 'Cuz...Deluge.... ya know.

Good GAWD these people need to be 're-educated'. No joke. It's ridiculous.

ETA: source.
edit on 4/16/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Holy Cow! Right?

Right!

LOL!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join