It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voter voucher

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Since voter id laws deemed to be a metheod to keep some from not voting or whatever the currend talking points are why not have voter id laws passed with a voter voucher clause. In other words anyone can vote without a photo id as long as a voter with an id can vouch that the person is who they say they are. Put a limit of ten vouchers per id voter and have each party sign the voucher. problem solved

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

In this day and age, who doesn't have (or can't easily obtain) a picture ID?

I think the whole argument is somewhat a sham. Anyone who can't think far enough ahead, and get a photo ID before an election, well ... I'm sure everyone sees where I'm going with this.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

I agree but if there is to be a voter id law then there are always special circumstances. ex lost id forgotten id and don't forget about ole dorthy that made headlines last election on the hbo series. a voucher would cover all the bases and no one will be left out and it brings accountability to elections. The fact is that this is still used as fodder for both sides and a voucher would end the debate in all states.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
In a country were you have to show a photo ID to buy a lighter for your barbecue grill, having people wailing about "voter" suppression, well, that's ok, free speech and all that, WOO-HOO!. But it's pretty easy. No ID. No vote. No Id. No Lighter. No ID. No Glenn Fiddich. It's really pretty simple. But the idea of having a person "vouch" for another person? As long as the law states, if the person you vouched for was not legally REGISTERED voter, you BOTH go to jail, that would be cool. It's the same as the line on the plywood that says you have to be this tall to ride thei ride at the county fair. If you REALLY want to make a difference with that mythical, oh so precious right to vote, DON'T USE IT! If you want to crush the criminal activities of what are laughingly called the Democratic and Republican parties, let them die on the vine! What? You should vote for the person who represents your views? RIGHT! Guess again. It's called enabling behavior. A vote isn't currency. you shouldn't EVER be promised something for you vote. Political parties are just institutionalized, conspiritorial, extortion machines and as long as we keep feeding them, THEY WILL NEVER GO AWAY!

edit on 4162014 by tencap77 because: spelling

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

But the Pastor and officials of the Black Churches would "Vouch" for their congregation.

It defeats the purpose of Voter Suppression.

Don't forget the GOP mantra 'Suppress Early, Suppress Often'

join