It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bloomberg: 'I've Earned My Place In Heaven'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I did that by assuming I would die anyway,before a war.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I didn't know heaven went south ?

The reason for his free pass from the big man upstairs is that he’s done enough on earth to deserve his place up there while fighting for gun control, smoking bans and drink restrictions as well as against fattening foods, according to The New York Times.

Oh thank GOD for Bloomberg's service to humanity, Jesus was so concerned with big gulps so he died for our soda sin's. Spread that gospel Bloomberg lol. Should we pass a holiday in his honor when this self proclaimed saint passes ? Why i bet they are rolling the red carpet out for Bloomberg on the stairway to heaven after GOD caught wind on the article.

As for jews many jews have a atheist like view point when it comes to the after life. From having discussions with them but they are not the orthodox sort of jews so i cant speak on judism myself only what ive been conveyed . I think many of the wealthy tell people they are religious to fit in or gain trust of those they use from the fruits of earnings. Bloomberg seems to be mocking GOD , and Christians imho. He figures since there is no afterlife and rewards to reap from being selfless he might as well live life as elite and consumed with himself doing what he wants and abusing his power to achieve it .
edit on 17-4-2014 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

The eye of the needle references to the entry to Jerusalem, which was a door in a wall only large enough to fit the camel. People would have to unpack the camel to allow passage into the city. Just for clarity, as rich people are not being disparaged by Yeshua. He was stating they would have to give up what they have stored on earth, which to some people is unacceptable.

As far as the statement made by Bloomberg, one should consider the meaning of grace, and why it is so prevalent in the Bible. It means to give something that is undeserved. Considering it's application to everyone, it is likely that it is impossible to be "earned". Also, Bloomberg is not a Christian to my understanding, he is a non observant Jew.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I am from NYC, and i actually supported Bloombergs ban on soda drinks (more like price hikes). Soda does A LOT of damage, in many ways its a drug, both sugar and caffeine packed in that can do all sorts of damage to us. And correct me if i am wrong, but NYC needs to tax things, i'd rather they tax things that can do damage (cigarretes, sugary drinks, etc.) than my own home, or more tax from my car, or transportation, etc. NYC will just find another way to scratch money out of our pockets, it might as well be on something that the body DONEST need.

As for him going to heaven... maybe so. Taxing soda seems like he wont get any financial kick-back, i sometimes see many 'moves' by politicans as some way to squeeze money to them after they retire, it seems bloomberg made moves to make a difference, even if it does seem warped to some people.

But, i dont believe in heaven anyway...

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure the Jewish belief is to obey God's laws and make blood sacrifices to get into heaven. I'm not sure that a Jew living a sinful life disobeying God will put him in hell like Christians believe, I thought it was more like existing an eternity away from the presence of God.

So much for those beliefs, I wonder if Bloomberg thinks he can do a job interview with God and show him a resume? He can use Buddha, Jesus, and Mohammad as references. He is most likely used to just being called and given a job.

I'm sure he has a "good" reputation with God being so well known and all, that the Almighty will just hand him the keys to the pearly gates. Maybe he thinks he can make some backroom deals with St Peter or one of the arch angels. Maybe if he were Catholic, they'd make him the pope or a saint.

edit on 18-4-2014 by MichiganSwampBuck because: for clarity

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: ammocase
but NYC needs to tax things, i'd rather they tax things that can do damage (cigarretes, sugary drinks, etc.) than my own home, or more tax from my car, or transportation, etc. NYC will just find another way to scratch money out of our pockets, it might as well be on something that the body DONEST need.

If they need money so bad they can reduce the size of there over bloated anti-terrorism task force that has been nothing but a waste of money. Thankfully at least one unit is being disbanded: Zone Assessment Unit and after 11 years they conclude:

"Understanding certain local demographics can be a useful factor when assessing information regarding potential threats coming to the attention of the New York City Police Department," the police said in a statement."It has been determined that much of the same information previously gathered by the Zone Assessment Unit may be obtained through direct outreach by the NYPD to the communities concerned."

www.france24.com...

HAHA! It has been determined that all the information we gathered by spying on you could have been determined by simply reaching out to you and asking. WTF?! A nation led by idiots. Now that is funny.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Hopefully his ticker will fail and get him there at the earliest time.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Seriously .. sometimes these guys make it too easy ...

Bloomberg - I've Earned My Place in Heaven

Former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg admits he’s started feeling his own mortality – but insists that if there is a God, he is going straight to heaven.

The reason for his free pass from the big man upstairs is that he’s done enough on earth to deserve his place up there while fighting for gun control, smoking bans and drink restrictions as well as against fattening foods, according to The New York Times.

"I am telling you if there is a God, when I get to heaven I’m not stopping to be interviewed," Bloomberg told the Times. "I am heading straight in. I have earned my place in heaven. It’s not even close.

Original New York Times Article - Bloomberg Showing Off About How He's Trying To Take Guns Away From Americans

So according to Bloomberg, IF there is a God, he'll go straight to heaven because he's EARNED an unquestionable spot there. He'll walk right in ... no questions asked. Wow ... talk about an ego and a total misunderstanding of the Christian concept of Heaven. He's Jewish so maybe it's a jewish thing and he thinks his 33 billion $$ will buy him in. (some folks think success = makes God happy) I dunno ... maybe he'll 'make it' ... but I think we are all in for a surprise when we see our life review in the end. Gods ways are not our ways ....

(not sure if this is a political mud pitt thing or a religion thing .. but I'm betting on political mud pitt)

I'm glad that Michael Bloomberg thinks he is so better then anyone else. Satan thinks that way too.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Yeah... well, at least he got two letters of his likely destination correct.

Unlikelier than a camel passing through a needle's eye and all that...

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Theres a twilight zone episode where thuis guy goes straight to Heaven and what he finds there does look like heaven. Eventually however he finds himself coming into contact with every aspect of life that he cant bear to live around. He eventually confronts God who is in the form of a host figure and says look im not really suited for Heaven can you send me to the other place. God replies This is the other place.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpaDe_
I think this is a more likely scenario for Bloomberg (warning language):

So you are saying Bloomberg is going to hell?

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   

So according to Bloomberg, IF there is a God, he'll go straight to heaven because he's EARNED an unquestionable spot there. He'll walk right in ... no questions asked.

The correct Christian answer here is: BS! One does not enter Heaven because he is "good" or did "something good".

One enters heaven this way:

Ephesians 2:9 - For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.

2 Timothy 1:9 - He has saved us and called us to a holy life--not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time..

Titus 3:5 - he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit...

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: LifeIsPeculiar

Certainly!

Quite certainly!
edit on 18-4-2014 by Subnatural because: (no reason given)

Even this makes more than you!
edit on 18-4-2014 by Subnatural because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Ironic how by declaring how awesome he is, he is declaring himself to be above God. Pride and self-will or determination are not characteristics loved by God...

I don't completely understand the whole heaven thing yet... As far as I can tell, 'heaven' is not what most people think, scripture speaks of God's future reign back on earth, and creation being brought back to perfection. So we will have a 'new' or 'renewed' earth, but not some crazy cloud trip with naked chubby winged babies.

But anyway, first sin was self-will. There is a reason that we are told to be like children. We should be like children who trust in our Father who knows better, even if we don't understand it all. Otherwise we end up running out into the road and getting hit by a car.

edit on thp254x by Spinx because: tired, needed to re-arrange

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join