learn more

Bloomberg: 'I've Earned My Place In Heaven'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
+4 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Seriously .. sometimes these guys make it too easy ...

Bloomberg - I've Earned My Place in Heaven

Former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg admits he’s started feeling his own mortality – but insists that if there is a God, he is going straight to heaven.

The reason for his free pass from the big man upstairs is that he’s done enough on earth to deserve his place up there while fighting for gun control, smoking bans and drink restrictions as well as against fattening foods, according to The New York Times.

"I am telling you if there is a God, when I get to heaven I’m not stopping to be interviewed," Bloomberg told the Times. "I am heading straight in. I have earned my place in heaven. It’s not even close.

Original New York Times Article - Bloomberg Showing Off About How He's Trying To Take Guns Away From Americans

So according to Bloomberg, IF there is a God, he'll go straight to heaven because he's EARNED an unquestionable spot there. He'll walk right in ... no questions asked. Wow ... talk about an ego and a total misunderstanding of the Christian concept of Heaven. He's Jewish so maybe it's a jewish thing and he thinks his 33 billion $$ will buy him in. (some folks think success = makes God happy) I dunno ... maybe he'll 'make it' ... but I think we are all in for a surprise when we see our life review in the end. Gods ways are not our ways ....

(not sure if this is a political mud pitt thing or a religion thing .. but I'm betting on political mud pitt)

edit on 4/16/2014 by FlyersFan because: added word

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Didn’t somebody say: “A camel will pass through the eye of a needle before a rich man enters heaven”

I don’t know I think I heard that somewhere.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I think this is a more likely scenario for Bloomberg (warning language):

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

What the heck? Apparently Mr. Bloomburg isn't aware of the Christian sins of pride and hubris. To claim unquestionably that you are going to heaven is pretty much anathema to any religious teaching that I am aware of. Maybe Mr. Bloomburg is more clued into what the divinity is really like than the rest of us. Oh wait he used the phrase "IF there is a god" nevermind. He's just an idiot.
edit on 16-4-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I would be happy if he just hurries up and gets there. If there is a god, please intervene. Sincerely the citizens of NYS....

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Wow, what a loonie! Of course it will be ignored by liberals and liberal media everywhere. Just think if Sarah Palin or Michelle Bachmann said this, it would have 25 posts on ATS already.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Krazysh0t
Oh wait he used the phrase "IF there is a god"

Yeah ... that was the kicker.

What Bloomberg Did as Mayor I don't think that being Pro-Abortion and anti-big-soda are the kinds of things that God is looking for in order for someone to go to Heaven. But I guess we'll find out when we are dead.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

I wonder what his idea of heaven is. These people are really quite mad and yet no one calls them on it.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
What a strange coincidence I named my Kimber heaven.

Hey Bloomberg just go away you are irrelevant.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

midicon
I wonder what his idea of heaven is.

His biography says he's Jewish. I don't know if Jewish people believe in a 'heaven' or something else.
The thing is .. he said 'IF there is a God' ... So I'm thinking he has no idea of what Heaven is ...

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

Not so fast there buddy. While I won't disagree with you that the liberal media will downplay a quote like this, I do disagree that if the political slant of the person saying this was flipped that we'd have a huge thread on it already. The conservative posters on this website currently (will probably flip-flop if the republicans could ever wrestle charge of the country back from the democrats) outnumber the liberals so if anything the political slant is perfect for a huge thread of people agreeing with this.

link   
all dogs go to heaven...
say..why is heaven named after EA?...
and why does it contain the word heave?
as in "heave ho"...?

link   

thesaneone
Hey Bloomberg just go away you are irrelevant.

He's trying to start a far left anti-gun group .... a mirror image to the NRA pro-2nd Amendment group. I guess it's kinda like Al Gore having his anti-global-warming schtick. Both are potential big money makers and political power tools.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

One would think that the money would be better spent on the poor and needy.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Rich people really don’t get it. I have already posted 100’s of scriptural versus alone that literally condemns the rich for neglecting the poor in the world.

Their wealth is from God. Okay they may have earned it( and many have not earned it lawfully) but so what it’s still given to them by the opportunity that life and circumstances outside of their control has afforded them.

The only way Bloomberg can get to heaven is if he starts giving his billions away to the needy…and fast

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Question for those that believe in heaven...how would you react if you go to heaven and see Bloomberg or others that you dislike there too? It is not impossible even if one puts their faith in the bible. I say this since even in the new testament, Jesus seemingly told one of the criminals he would join him in heaven. Certainly, those that the criminal offended, would not know this until they arrived and would be very surprised.

I personally don't believe in heaven being a place but more in line with a state of perceptual being, so I imagine Bloomberg may very well enter his state of heaven. One would think that ego plays a bigger role in declaring one is more special than another because they have a particular faith and others will be lost causes if they don't agree. What do you think?

Edit add: Wiltell, I doubt that God cares whether you were rich or poor. Many of the biblical characters often amassed great riches and rewards in their lives. Therefore, it is not pre-requisite one be poor to enter heaven even in the biblical sense.
edit on 4 16 2014 by CynConcepts because: Responding to post above edit add.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
The rich are the last ones to enter heaven since their judgement and accounting will take more than a poor person.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I got the feeling that "Bloombug" is losing his mind or about to lose it, either that he is getting a lot of under the table money to push the anti gun agenda by his friends within Wall street corporate elite.

He tried to buy politicians in key states that gun control laws has become debatable and now he is going to pay lobbyist to bring the agenda to Washington.

He is the front man for something else and more sinister, using God and religious believe is just to keep the people away from whatever his true intentions are.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

If slapping him so hard that it knocks the taste right out of his mouth helps in his quest for sainthood, I'd offer my assistance.

Idiot.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

CynConcepts
Question for those that believe in heaven...how would you react if you go to heaven and see Bloomberg or others that you dislike there too?

- It's God's choice to let in who ever He wants.

- In Heaven there is no hate. People see things as God does. So if someone we dislike now makes it to heaven ... let's say Hitler ... then we will know why God let him in and it'll be okay. If we disagree with God, then we don't belong in Heaven. And if we disagree with God, we wouldn't want to be there anyways, right?

Side note - I don't hate Bloomberg as a person. I don't agree with what he does. But that doesn't mean I hate him or that I want him to go to hell. I do not.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join