It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zinc Toothpaste

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Ok so iv seen a few peeps on ea talking about flouride, well I just grabed some toothpaste shoping only to notice when got home it said night time use :-/ and contains zinc, just wondering is that shizzle bad for you or what? Bit wierd init here is a list of the ingredients; sorbitol, aqua, hydrated silica, PEG 12 (whatever da fooook that is) sodium lauryl sulfate, aroma, cellulose gum, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium saccharin, sodium fluoride, zinc oxide, hydroxypropyl methycellulose, glycerin, menthol, limonene, C1 74160. ????......

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
If you don't know the ingredients something contains, you should probably find out or don't consume it.

I'm not a health freak, but I make it a point to know what goes in my mouth.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Go on Amazon and order KingFisher toothpaste, its all natural and just as good, I've been using the mint one for months, tastes just like normal mint toothpaste but I don't have to worry about whats in it, it also means that I generally don't have to weigh in on the fluoride debate as I don't consume it at all, its not in our water here either, now its not in my toothpaste and my teeth are lovely if I may say so myself...

Nickel I'm not sure about, in toothpaste I mean, absorption as opposed to consumption, I know that the body needs nickel to pass gas and for stomach functions/wellbeing but I've never heard of us having to top it up with toothpaste... I pass gas just fine.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Zinc oxide: Used in toothpastes to help with tartar build-up, zinc oxide was previously thought to leave the body immediately. A study now shows that the nanoparticles stay in the body at least five hours or more, spreading to the liver, kidneys and other organs. More research on this is needed.
naturallysavvy.com...

moreresearchneeded - thats my second favourite ingredient
right after maycontain

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by PsychoEmperor

I'm not a health freak, but I make it a point to know what goes in my mouth.

- Giggity

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Elijah23

Nickel????

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Nice1

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Or you could make your own...

3 parts baking soda
1 part salt
then add peppermint oil and water to achieve preferred taste and consistency

Its cheap its easy. No fluoride, zinc, or twenty-letter mystery chemicals

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by SirKonstantin

LOL

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

rival
Or you could make your own...

3 parts baking soda
1 part salt
then add peppermint oil and water to achieve preferred taste and consistency

Its cheap its easy. No fluoride, zinc, or twenty-letter mystery chemicals

sweeet am onit famalam 1 more step to living independently

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Sounds more like Shampoo to me. Are you sure it is toothpaste?

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by BoovDawg

Wooops... Zinc, my bad.... Fair play...

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   

BoovDawg
Ok so iv seen a few peeps on ea talking about flouride, well I just grabed some toothpaste shoping only to notice when got home it said night time use :-/ and contains ...

Well, just off the top of my head, no Googling

zinc oxide : whitener, probably a polish
sorbitol: a sugar alcohol used as a sweetener. Xylitol might have been a better choice here because IIRC it's toxic to bacteria (?)
aqua: water
hydrated silica: an abrasive polish. It's what the dentist's using with the rubber whirligig when they polish your teeth
PEG 12 (whatever da fooook that is): it's a clear thickener, maybe also to keep the stuff from separating
sodium lauryl sulfate: a detergent
aroma: to make it smell minty
cellulose gum: a thickener
cocamidopropyl betaine: pretty sure that's a detergent too
sodium saccharin: sweetener
sodium fluoride: to harden the enamel of your teefus
hydroxypropyl methycellulose: another thickener - is this toothpaste a gel? HMC makes clear jelly out of stuff
glycerin: makes it not be pasty
menthol: minty taste
limonene: a terpene detergent. I guess if you've been licking rubber stamps it could come in handy. It also kills mites. I use it to clean PCBs. It's got a bright citrusy smell and taste, because it's extracted from orange peel. It's popular for cleaning ink off of print equipment.
C1 74160: I think this is a EU designation for a food coloring

None of this is particularly scary. Although why limonene I'm not sure.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   

rickymouse
Sounds more like Shampoo to me. Are you sure it is toothpaste?

If you took out the polishes and changed the smell, it would be quite similar. I'm not sure that minty fresh hair would go over well. You might want to add a bit of conditioner.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Ye man sik guy

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
If you can't pronounce it...don't eat it!

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Danbones

The body needs zinc, especially to help with the immune system fighting colds and stuff, so i wouldn't be too bothered about that in there, it's the fluoride you wanna worry about.

I haven't used fluoride toothpaste for years, i use one that contains tea tree oil and other natural stuff.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Elijah23
Thanks for the advice on the toothpaste, going to try it out. Like you, my water is also fluoride free
We are lucky

I use a fluoride free brand from the grocery store (can't think of the name right now) it's pretty good, has a vanilla mint flavor. However, it just doesn't work as well as some of the other brands with fluoride, I'm brushing my teeth four times a day. It's nuts, lol.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
i was at one time a chemical compounder for a company that made most of the major brands of tooth paste of the day,
mclains, aqua fresh, crest ..etc, in two ton batches...
the main ingredient is CHALK...thats the whitner, and the abraisive

if you can read between the lines on how that works out in the long run
edit on Sunpm4b20144America/Chicago17 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join