It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Official. GMO is Banned.....in Russia.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

Wont happen because the government has to be in on it for it to work.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

MongusePro
and yes ignorant! people need to be reminded of that sometimes.

You are only ignorant when you do not know the truth, buddy. In that sense, nobody knows the real truth about GMO as much you like to think you do. However, stop insulting everyone's ability to observe and judge for themselves. While you may be concerned with your bio-tech career, you are making yourself to be the emperor with no clothes on here.
Don't be fooled...most are pro-science and technology (or we won't be on the internet) as long as they stop forcing us to be the unwilling guinea pigs. They must conduct a proper long-term study on the impacts of growing and consuming GMO's (that's where your expertise will be highly required) on aspects including but not limited to health, environment, social and economic. Don't just say, "hey, look, we have all been tricked to eat GMO tainted food for decades and nobody's head fell off. As for rising cancer rate,...hmmm wait...that could be attributed to many other reasons. Who knows?" then leave it at that. That's not research! As it is, you must have read some species are already building resistance to glyphosate in RoundUp?

edit on 16-4-2014 by Kurius because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

bitsforbytes
They want to replace the honey bee with a robot. Do you want to live in a world where robots are replacing insects because GMO is convenient?

Hmm...I'm already not seeing bees pollinating my prized fruit tree. Is the robot sold on Ebay yet? Just wondering...

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
This is great news - thanks for posting.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

So be it. If they do, I would probably have less to eat, I know I am ready for I fast every year for a month (eating only when the sun goes down), I could take it, not the case for everyone though, but I know many who would not stand down because their stomach is making sounds. Its about principalities not comfort or luxuries.

My point is, make something that is honest and good for humans and not good for banks and for profit/power/control.

See the difference?

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Kurius

They sell them just a dime more expensive than the ones that were free and made honey too.

Sorry to hear that. The best thing you can do is stop giving these people your money, if you are not already of like mind.
edit on 16-4-2014 by bitsforbytes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Kurius

I almost feel that this is Russian propaganda for Americans. A way to shame the US gov't.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by brazenalderpadrescorpio

It is only a wishful thinking that the US gov't can be that easily shamed for what they do to humanity including its own citizens. (sigh)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Kurius

The way they get shamed is by rallying public sentiment against the US. It doesn't only have to come from American citizens. Trust nothing. Especially something as romantic sounding as this story.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by brazenalderpadrescorpio

Well, if that's true, let's hope they succeed. I see it as a win-win scenario for all citizens across the continents. It's about time the US gov't recognize the people's concerns when it comes to GMO's instead of being rigidly driven by corporate power and greed.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

[sarcasm]
oh yeah, well guess what buddy
GMO warning labels are banned in the US
it called democracy - we voted to be poisoned to death
see thats the difference between the us and russia
in the us you have a choice...
and thats why the us is better
[/sarcasm off]

See now, dis is exactly what I'm was talk'n about when what I
said about analogies. You know, when I'd was a talk'n about analogies?

SnF
edit on Rpm41614v582014u58 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Kurius

I think you're right. If GMOs are bad (I haven't done much research into them), then it would be good if someone did something about them.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

OMG
i just realized:
the vid of the chimp hacking the voting machine is actually the start of the rise of the planet of the apes
no wonder we have the GMO government of our worst nightmares...
but its too late;
we are so all gonna die

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

we are so all gonna die

And pay taxes!

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
If anyone is still on the fence about what Monsanto is really all about, might want to check out The Monsanto Agenda

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: bitsforbytes
reply to post by Kurius

They sell them just a dime more expensive than the ones that were free and made honey too.

That made me chuckle!

I think we all need to be a little clearer on what exactly is meant by genetically modified organisms. Need we forget that a lot of even the organic food produced internationally is a result of human meddling. Everything from the juicy organic steak, right down to the sweet, sweet banana is a result of humans meddling with the natural order in order to produce better quality foods for ourselves.
And not just foods! Remember these guys?

The grey wolf is now the common ancestor to literally hundreds of different species, all of which came about because of humans breeding specific traits into or out of the parent species. And I think every single one of us is beyond glad that we did! Just as I'm sure that everyone is glad the food we grow is of better quality than it was 15,000 years ago.

The problem is not with our food being genetically modified, because that's all we've done ever since we discovered agriculture. The problem is with huge corporations administering poison and chemicals into our food to, a) save themselves money, b) increase our dependency on their product, and, (if you believe the theories... and I do) c) control the population by feeding us a lot of crap which has an adverse effect on the way our bodies work.

Genetically modified foods are okay. Nothing wrong there. CHEMICALLY modified food on the other hand is pure evil. The only chemicals that need to be in food are the ones already in there. To be honest, if we in the 'developed' world didn't propagate and maintain a culture of waste and excess it would be a lot harder for them to sell their junk to us.
We're all marching along to their song.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: JackofBlades

The grey wolf is now the common ancestor to literally hundreds of different species, all of which came about because of humans breeding specific traits into or out of the parent species. And I think every single one of us is beyond glad that we did! Just as I'm sure that everyone is glad the food we grow is of better quality than it was 15,000 years ago.

The problem is not with our food being genetically modified, because that's all we've done ever since we discovered agriculture. The problem is with huge corporations administering poison and chemicals into our food to, a) save themselves money, b) increase our dependency on their product, and, (if you believe the theories... and I do) c) control the population by feeding us a lot of crap which has an adverse effect on the way our bodies work.

Just to clarify, "genetically modified" is not the same as "cross breeding". The former looks specifically at gene alterations, involving those genes taken from other plants AND animals as well. It is a process that can never occur naturally in the wild. For example, it is impossible to interbreed the same wolf with a fish or a tomato plant, but you can select their genes and insert them into the wolf's genetic makeup. That's possibly the reason GMO food are often called "frankenfood". They may look the same, but they are certainly not the same.

Your point a), b) & c) are still valid concerns. Russia probably recognize these as well. Since most GMO rights are held by US corporations, any sane nation should immediately avoid possible dependency on GM crops. In the long run, it is akin to relinquishing a nation's sovereignty to mega corporations.

edit on 19-4-2014 by Kurius because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: JackofBlades

It depends what you define GMO as. I don't think using traditional methods of crossing two breads together even qualifies as GMO compared to artificially or implanting a food gene with a bacteria or animal gene.

In my opinion, we fail to see that there is a reason for why things are the way they are and some try to defeat these mechanisms in the name of greed, lust, gluttony and pride. Starvation is a reality still with GMO and people who die of over eating is also another problem so what is really the advancement here?

I am very skeptical that we are advancing things, I have a tendency towards thinking that we are foolish and prideful.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I feel that is is too late for this country to salvage its liberties against factors like inadequate GMO sources. The institutions are fast and they have invaded our food supply so rapidly that our opposition will prove futile based on the fact that a majority of our food supply is GMO. Our arguments rise as our food supply declines. They have won long before the fight started.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I don't agree with what Russia is doing in Ukraine right now. HOWEVER I do support Russia over GMO. I object to having Monsanto messing about with my food. I refuse to have anything to do with it. The UN should make international laws limiting the powers of companies like Monsanto. But it wont happen because unfortunately TPTB have been infiltrated by lobbyists and those with vested interests in the likes of Monsanto. And besides the GMOs are now in the foodchain and there is nothing we can do now to eradicate that. I just hope our children's children do not suffer the consequences of the legacy we leave for them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join