It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1 species + 1 species = NEW species

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   
infowars.com...

my question is:

if the mice have human brain cells, do they think like us???

i believe that animals do not think like we do but since they have out brain cells, do they think (for ex.): "what the hell is going on??? why am i in this cage??? what is going to happin tomorow???"

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   
i read that article, real good.

the difference is that theyre still mice. they just dont have the mass of a human brain. im pretty sure that at that level, the construct between a human brain and a rodent one are pretty similar. sure, there are difference, and they might even be better off with ours, but its still a mouse. theyre far away from cognitive functions as we are so familiar with.

i liked the article about mice brain cells being grown connected to a flight simulator, and then piloting the 'plane' itself. that was fascinating. ive long since lost the link among bash quotes, however.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Is it possible that mice or other animals think of such things, we just have yet to create the technology to really know?

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   
to be blunt, no.

mice can think, i wont say they cant. they can learn. so, in that sense, yes.

but theres a large disconnect between humans and really all other species. i personally believe that all our differences are simple evolutionary advantages, aimed at keeping the population thriving, but are just so far advanced that it seems as if we arent. so, again, in the sense that everything we do is aimed at producing more humans, yes, mice do. but as for what we and the mice actually do and think, and how they manifest it, no, not really.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I would have to agree that 'intelligence' is from quantity, not quality. There probably isn't much difference between the mechanisms of mouse and human brain cells. If such a transplant works it just verifies that the mechanisms are similiar enough to be interchanged.

[edit on 28-11-2004 by BillyD]

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Red Spider, good to see you in the Science And Tech Forum, this is actually my first time in here, but I saw your post and had to be apart of it. If you remember we were all taught that mice only have instenct. Ex: instead of a mice thinking what the hell am I doing in this cage there thinking, "I have to find food because nerves are telling me I'm hungry.". Mice and other animals lack the ability to reason, if a mouse could ask what am I doing in this cage, they then would ask, how can I get out, then if they are to ask that, they must use strategy, like what time is my cage open to make an excape. But obveouly mice dont see things that way. Is it possible to make a mouse smarter? This is very possible, using DNA, Cells, and other biogenetic hypothesis. If we were to give a mouse the DNA of say you or me, it will begin to think in reasoning, but at the same time, you have also have to concider a mouses brain mass. What will the mouse loose in the change. Will he loose his sense of sight, or balance. I'm sure these experiments are held in other places, say bases beneath New Mexico

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by XX_Mouse_XX
Red Spider, good to see you in the Science And Tech Forum, this is actually my first time in here, but I saw your post and had to be apart of it. If you remember we were all taught that mice only have instenct. Ex: instead of a mice thinking what the hell am I doing in this cage there thinking, "I have to find food because nerves are telling me I'm hungry.". Mice and other animals lack the ability to reason, if a mouse could ask what am I doing in this cage, they then would ask, how can I get out, then if they are to ask that, they must use strategy, like what time is my cage open to make an excape. But obveouly mice dont see things that way. Is it possible to make a mouse smarter? This is very possible, using DNA, Cells, and other biogenetic hypothesis. If we were to give a mouse the DNA of say you or me, it will begin to think in reasoning, but at the same time, you have also have to concider a mouses brain mass. What will the mouse loose in the change. Will he loose his sense of sight, or balance. I'm sure these experiments are held in other places, say bases beneath New Mexico

GOOD POST

if we made mice too smart, there would be a NWO

also, very funny about the Dulce joke

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
since they have out brain cells, do they think (for ex.): "what the hell is going on??? why am i in this cage??? what is going to happin tomorow???"

If a human only had a few brain cells it would not be able to think. There is nothing unusual or special about human brain cells, thought isn't something that a brain cell does on its own.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
If a human only had a few brain cells it would not be able to think. There is nothing unusual or special about human brain cells, thought isn't something that a brain cell does on its own.

i never knew this...

thanks...

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Perhaps one of the only things left living outside your window is thinking and multiplying at alarming rates and some scientists would say even evolving to surpass all others within its environment besides us thinking apes.

Lets see then what would you call a species that spends more then 50% of its time in play, mates with its partner for life, lives in a small family group that spans generations, is known to communicate with several different dialects around the world, uses tools, wages war, and has feed off of our corpses since the dawn of our first wars. You would call it a Crow. It could not possibly be thinking or have feelings and rational sense could it! No way man we need to look to the stars to find that or genetically modify a creature right-

Look again you don't need to modify life forms to have intelligent life it’s already here in front of you. We killed millions of them from the early nineteen hundreds to the 1950's but somehow they never completely died off, go figure the great ape scared of a black bird. We can’t possibly have a clue what to do with genetically modified animals when we lack any form of compassion for the animals that are still left here with us untouched and not extinct.

I hope they slip up like they did with the killer bee. Sooner or later they will try to modify more evolved creatures like dolphins and apes, then hey how about the smartest bird the Crow. Oops got away multiplied and then…..

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
well the point of this (i think) was not to create intelligent life JUST to tell you ATSers how amazing this is (1 species + 1 species = NEW species)...

top topics

join