It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama Wanted An Apology from Dr. Ben Carson

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

I hadn't listened to the whole speech till this thread........What was there to apologize to ANYONE for?????

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

I hadn't listened to the whole speech till this thread........What was there to apologize to ANYONE for?????

Thanks for the posting video. The answer to your question is: There was Absolutely Nothing that Dr. Carson said that he should apologize for.

It would seem that, whether right here on ATS or anywhere else, if you dare to speak your mind and say anything that liberals don't like, or that they don't want to hear, even though it is based on truth and facts, somehow you are being offensive. This tactic is most usually associated with brain washing and conditioning, since it is a veiled attempt to silence opposing views and critical thinking by oneself, and others.
Dr. Carson is a courageous American, who exercised his freedom of speech regardless as to who was in attendance...including the President of the United States of America.
edit on 18-4-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Well I listened to the whole thing and I got to tell ya. the only thing he has to apologize for is wasting 28 min of mine time with a bunch of self aggrandizing bull#.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
The transcript of Dr. Benjamin Carson – National Prayer Breakfast (Transcript) - February 7, 2013

[Which took me 30 seconds to find on Google!]

The offending speech, IMO, was ...

We need doctors, we needs scientists, engineers. We need all those people involved in government, not just lawyers…I don’t have anything against lawyers, but you know, here’s the thing about lawyers…I’m sorry, but I got to be truthful…got to be truthful – what do lawyers learn in law school? To win, by hook or by crook. You gotta win, so you got all these Democrat lawyers, and you got all these Republican lawyers and their sides want to win. We need to get rid of that. What we need to start thinking about is, how do we solve problems?

[Which took me 3 minutes of reading to find and clearly identify as the most likely 'offending' speech to Mr B.Obama!]

Clearly this part of Dr Carson's speech directly attacks Mr B.Obama's status as a constitutional lawyer!

Come on ATS ... 4 pages in and you haven't dug in properly!

DIG DEEPER OK! Don't just throw mud!

Does anybody disagree that the section of the transcript I have posted is the 'offending' speech

Should Dr Carson have to apologize for those exact words he used?

Regardless of yes or no, please explain WHY?

I personally do not see any need for Dr Carson to apologize and the reason is he made a valid point about LAWYERS and their moral objectivity, which he compared to Dr's moral objectivity in the previous sentence to his speech ...

Now some people say, ahhh, you’re over blowing it, things aren’t that bad, and you’re a doctor, a neurosurgeon. Why are you concerned about these things? Got news for you. FIVE doctors signed the Declaration of Independence. Doctors were involved in the framing of the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, in a whole bunch of things. It’s only been since recent decades that we’ve extracted ourselves, which I think is a big mistake.

Now I do NOT know the accuracy of Dr Carson's comments visavis the number of Drs to Lawyers who signed the Declaration of Independence, and I leave such ground to be covered by other ATS members!

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Maybe WE should!

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
In listening to the words of this self promoting Physician, at the National PRAYER Breakfast, I found him to have been allowed to freely express lots of BS.
His conservative mantra served to further the social disease organisms of greed, misogyny and increased antipathy to progressive causes.
He cited attorneys as being a problem due to their aggressiveness. He thinks PC behavior is wrong. He spoke against the 'kill lists'. He felt that the bible (a bastion of hierarchical BS) as being the source for his taxation plan. He spoke how he hated being poor and that education will lift us to his elevated status.
He was a totally political right wing nutjob at a meeting that is supposed to promote comradery and how mutual appreciation of each others' diversity, particularly religious differences need to be appreciated, defended and promoted.
As an agnostic, the whole notion of this event is stupid but entirely understandable (Because it's stupid?). Religiosity requires spreading the word by mouth or sword in many sects (and economic systems).
This was not the platform to make a political address.
Carson is a smuck in many matters. This is just another.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

edit on 19-4-2014 by largo because: Repeated reply. Sorry.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: largo
In listening to the words of this self promoting Physician, at the National PRAYER Breakfast, I found him to have been allowed to freely express lots of BS.
His conservative mantra served to further the social disease organisms of greed, misogyny and increased antipathy to progressive causes.
He cited attorneys as being a problem due to their aggressiveness. He thinks PC behavior is wrong. He spoke against the 'kill lists'. He felt that the bible (a bastion of hierarchical BS) as being the source for his taxation plan. He spoke how he hated being poor and that education will lift us to his elevated status.
He was a totally political right wing nutjob at a meeting that is supposed to promote comradery and how mutual appreciation of each others' diversity, particularly religious differences need to be appreciated, defended and promoted.
As an agnostic, the whole notion of this event is stupid but entirely understandable (Because it's stupid?). Religiosity requires spreading the word by mouth or sword in many sects (and economic systems).
This was not the platform to make a political address.
Carson is a smuck in many matters. This is just another.

So it sounds as if you too want, or are somehow are entitled and deserving of an apology from Dr. Carson because he disagrees with your distorted left wing liberal views ? Lets be real.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickynews

kaylaluv
There is absolutely no proof that Obama himself demanded an apology for anything. Even Carson himself said that Obama didn't seem hostile or angry at all during or after the speech.

“He did not appear to be hostile or angry,” Carson wrote in the book.

Just because "someone" from the prayer breakfast organizers called, doesn't mean Obama put them up to it personally. Most likely he had nothing to do with it.

Maybe true, but at a minimum, somebody from The White House and perhaps somebody very close to Mr. Obama, attempted to solicit an apology from Dr. Carson. It is fair to consider the "Who", and the "Why" and their motivations for said call to Mr. Carson.

I'm on your side...however. Please don't fall for the "I didn't know" crap spewed by this "president". If the White House asked, Obama knew about it and/or they knew he would want it. Maybe you and I will call this ass...an ass. But others in the masses won't out of some misguided respect. Those in the White House would never, ever, ever do anything "god" Obama doesn't want. Most would rather die than do something wrong for their "dear leader".

Much like the IRS, Benghazi, not keeping your doctor or insurance and all the other "I didn't know" BS from this dictator...he knew. He demanded, or at least he demanded someone else demand.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

kaylaluv
There is absolutely no proof that Obama himself demanded an apology for anything. Even Carson himself said that Obama didn't seem hostile or angry at all during or after the speech.

“He did not appear to be hostile or angry,” Carson wrote in the book.

Just because "someone" from the prayer breakfast organizers called, doesn't mean Obama put them up to it personally. Most likely he had nothing to do with it.

Don't let that get in the way of an opportunity to make ridiculous claims about attempts to silence people and ring kissing.

First off, isn't the National Prayer Breakfast organized by The Fellowship Foundation, a conservative Christian group? All presidents attend it, along with thousands of politicians, businessmen, etc. Ben Carson was the keynote speaker and he decided to use his time to deliver a right wing, fundamentalist critique of the country and the administration.

Secondly, by his own account, Ben Carson was contacted by an organizer from The Fellowship Foundation who said he might want to apologize to the president and somehow this morphs into "an attempt to silence" Ben Carson by the administration? Silly histrionics from the hyperbole loving drama queens on the right.

Don't lie when the truth is already in the article. "I received a call from some of the prayer breakfast organizers saying that the White House was upset and requesting that I call the president and apologize for offending him"

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: DietJoke

Not only shouldn't he even consider saying "sorry" to a cry baby like this prick. He told the absolute truth! Lawyers ONLY care about winning. That is what they are paid to do. And...well...apparently government is paid to take our freedoms. Go figure.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: rickynews

I remember this. Yeah, you could really see it written all over Obama's face when Dr. Carson was speaking. Unfortunately for President Obama, Dr. Carson makes too much sense, is conservative, AND is a very successful "minority"-status-man who came from a story of poverty. Dr. Carson is living proof that Obama's platform is from flawed point-of-view, so of course the White House wanted an apology.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join