It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama Wanted An Apology from Dr. Ben Carson

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by rickynews

Ya know.. I don't think any politician should call up a citizen and ask for an apology... Even more so when they don't offer any themselves to the people.

. J. MacInerney: The President doesn't answer to you Louis!
Lewis Rothschild: Oh, yes he does A.J. I'm a citizen, this is my President. And in this country it is not only permissible to question our leaders it's our responsibility!

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

“But within a matter of minutes after the conclusion of the program, I received a call from some of the prayer breakfast organizers saying that the White House was upset and requesting that I call the president and apologize for offending him. I said that I did not think that he was offended and that I didn’t think that such a call was warranted.”

No one asked Mr. Carson anything except the organizers of the breakfast. If the WH wanted an apology they would have asked him themselves. Obvious spin and sad so many jumped on it.

no, they didn't

CJ

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Xcathdra

Ya know.. I don't think any politician should call up a citizen and ask for an apology... Even more so when they don't offer any themselves to the people.

Lewis Rothschild: Oh, yes he does A.J. I'm a citizen, this is my President. And in this country it is not only permissible to question our leaders it's our responsibility!

Except in this case no politician did anything of the sort.

CJ

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   

ColoradoJens

Xcathdra

Except in this case no politician did anything of the sort.

CJ

Who are the co-chairs for the event?
What are the speakers instructed not to do during the event?

1 Republican and 1 Democrat.
Stay clear of Politics because of the message they want to send.

Who has been suggesting he apologize?
edit on 16-4-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

It's no use. You could show a signed letter from Obama himself, and someone will say, "Someone else wrote that".

The order came from the palace. Nothing from the palace comes without expressed approval of the emperor.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

ColoradoJens

“But within a matter of minutes after the conclusion of the program, I received a call from some of the prayer breakfast organizers saying that the White House was upset and requesting that I call the president and apologize for offending him. I said that I did not think that he was offended and that I didn’t think that such a call was warranted.”

No one asked Mr. Carson anything except the organizers of the breakfast. If the WH wanted an apology they would have asked him themselves. Obvious spin and sad so many jumped on it.

no, they didn't

CJ

According to the report, Dr. Carson indicated he spoke via telephone with an individual from the White House. If you have any credible information or sources to refute Dr. Carson's claim, then please offer it for all to consider.
edit on 16-4-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

beezzer

It's no use. You could show a signed letter from Obama himself, and someone will say, "Someone else wrote that".

The order came from the palace. Nothing from the palace comes without expressed approval of the emperor.

So it seems...

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

You mean Valerie Jarrett?

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

According to the report, Dr. Carson indicated he spoke via telephone with an individual from the White House. If you have any credible information or sources to refute Dr. Carson's claim, then please offer it for all to consider.

No, that's not what Carson claimed. He never claimed that the call was from the White House.

Sound fishy to me.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
The only thing he deserves is a foot up his ass...
2nd

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Man, almost everything Obama says offends me. Can I get an apology Obama? No? I didn't think so. Then harden up and be a real man, and learn to take the kind of bollocks you dish out you fascist hypocrite. No one likes a sad clown.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
They are saying it was inappropriate place for that type of speech. I have a good idea, next time ask someone to speak who you know is going to say what you want, or just write it for them. I hold the media responsible for racial division. As for if its true or not if he actually asked that, Im assuming fox news will tell you yes and the others will tell you no. All I know for sure is that there is plenty of land and there is no need to take it from people, even if it is in your way.
edit on 16-4-2014 by lotusfoot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

windword

No, that's not what Carson claimed. He never claimed that the call was from the White House.

Sound fishy to me.

Correct, in that according to Dr.Carson, an organizer of the breakfast meeting called him (Dr. Carson) and indicated that the White House was upset and was requesting that Dr. Carson call Mr. Obama and apologize for offending him (Mr. Obama). In a previous reply post, I mistakenly wrote that the White House called Dr. Carson, which was incorrect, according to Mr. Carson's statement.

So, the question remains...

Do you believe Mr. Carson was asked, whether directly or indirectly, and at the request of the White House, to apologize to Mr. Obama for having made remarks that offended Mr. Obama ?
edit on 16-4-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Do you believe Mr. Carson was asked, whether directly or indirectly, and at the request of the White House, to apologize to Mr. Obama for having made remarks that offended Mr. Obama ?

I doubt it. But I'm not really sure what the "White House" actually means. Do people that plan or coordinate the National Prayer Breakfast have offices at the White House? I don't know. But I highly doubt that the request came from the Oval Office or the West Wing.

There are far too many criticisms from pulpits against this administration for Obama to get his panties in a bunch over this guy, in my opinion. I think it's far more likely that Carson is testing the waters to run for President in 2016, if GOD calls him of course.

edit on 16-4-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   

beezzer

Sure. So an organizer of the event asked him to apologize. Now why would the "Emperor" go through the organizer and not ask the man himself? Here's a wild thought. Because he never did. If the "palace" and the "emperor" are what you say they are, they would have asked him to apologize. But they didn't. Another non-story many seem to hang their hats on. Keep on the vitriol train. You may one day get a job writing for the WND.

CJ

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   

The entire beginning of Ben Carson's speech dealt with offending people, and why people shouldn't be concerned with offending people if it mean't sharing what they truly believed.

Apparently Obama stopped listening after Carson's joke about comparing the human brain with a dog's brain, a man stood up offended, and said you can't do that to a dog.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Stuship

The entire beginning of Ben Carson's speech dealt with offending people, and why people shouldn't be concerned with offending people if it mean't sharing what they truly believed.

Apparently Obama stopped listening after Carson's joke about comparing the human brain with a dog's brain, a man stood up offended, and said you can't do that to a dog.

Dr. Carson spoke his mind, and perhaps some were offended, while others applauded his remarks. So the suggestion that the beginning of Dr. Carson's speech offended people is quite subjective.

The question is, If Mr. Obama was offended by some remarks in Dr. Carson's speech, does Dr. Carson somehow owe Mr. Obama an apology ?

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

The question is, If Mr. Obama was offended by some remarks in Dr. Carson's speech, does Dr. Carson somehow owe Mr. Obama an apology ?

Quite right.
I believe that demanding an apology diminishes a person.

One should just be a man and accept the criticism. Then look at the criticism and make their own decision as to whether it is justified or not, and whether or not to change policies.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I wish I could harness the hate in this thread. Maybe then something useful or constructive might come out of it. Y'all need to get a hobby like collecting stamps or something.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

I believe just been here in ATS debating the president and politics will automatically send us to the "person of interest list", we conspiracies theories believers are nothing but wakos and anarchies. he, he.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join