It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why overarching conspiracy theories are generally crap

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by Krazysh0t

And you don't see the victim mentality in that ? They don't have our best interest at heart. Thats what you state. Why do you feel they should? Why do you need them to? Can't you take care of yourself. Isn't that the best course of action?' Better than thinking oh my they're all against me.

Where did I claim to be desiring any of that? I was just giving my logical opinion on the subject. I was trying to be as unbiased and unemotional as possible. I may have put some personal descriptors I hold for these people in there, but I certainly didn't suggest that I wanted anything you are asking of me.

I'm just giving a description of how the world works. I tried to present it in a take it or leave way. Just like we all are going to die is a fact of life and remains true no matter how you feel about it, the observations I outlined are just facts of society and remain true regardless of how you or I feel about them. So what's the problem?

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeuZZ

As much as I respect Terrance McKenna, the evidence that an International Cartel of Bankers run the show is overwhelming. We all use their product, money and hence we are their slaves/addicts. The banksters can create currency out of thin air to buy any asset that needs to be bought to influence events according to a hidden design only the people behind the banksters know. How many times does it need repeating. Give me control of a nation's money supply and I care not who makes it's laws.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeuZZ

just stop, you know exactly whats was being done and don't play the sources and that kind of game. you have it from the horses mouth.
he revealed it himself.
or are you saying that this lecture is just a pieced together sound bites. it is a known fact that he gave this talk and there were many in attendance.

so you tell me why would he say that he worked for them, if he didn't. and if he didn't wouldn't saying that make him a liar and should you trust anything he said, after knowing that he told that big of a whopper.

edit on 16-4-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
If you control or own 90% of the money supply, than you run the world.

Every decision that you make once you reach that level, reverberates around the around.

So no, it's not silly to think that a small group of people ( in the thousands) are in 'control' of what goes on in our institutions, or media or economy. I'm sort of stunned that he would think that's a "oversimplification". The amount of planning over generations to achieve total economic dominance in a purely economic based society is quite astounding.

The fact that they've managed to basically do it is just as astounding. Let's not forget the know and obviously real hidden fortunes of the rich we know about. History as shown a clear progression. As the decades have passed, less people have owned more things and the more they own, the less rights we've all had.

Now of course I'm not saying it's all their fault and stone the rich or anything of that nature, it is a complex problem and several solutions are going to be required before it gets better.

But yeah, I don't believe that this is coincidence. There's too much proof to say otherwise IMO.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeuZZ

Mckenna is on our side, trust me.

IF Mckenna were in fact on our side, WHY would he be lecturing at places like the Esalen Institute?

WHOSE side exactly is "our side"?

This explosive audio clip that was just brought to my attention today by “Scott” reveals, in Terence McKenna’s own words, that he was in fact an agent. The audio clip comes from Dec. 1994 from his lecture at the Esalen Institute which may be found below in full. As I wrote on August 28, 2012, in my article: How Darwin, Huxley, and the Esalen Institute launched the 2012 and psychedelic revolutions – and began one of the largest mind control operations in history. Source:

We finally have the conclusion to what happened to Terence after the FBI had caught him:

Questioner: I’m real curious about one thing. Why is it important for you to do this?

Terence McKenna: I wonder myself. You mean am I the alien ambassador whether I like it or not? [laughs]. Well, often when asked this question, I’ve said it beats honest work. I mean, my brother is a PhD in three subjects and works in hard science and yet I don’t think it’s brought him immense happiness. Not that he’s despondent. But I was always kind of a slider. You know?

And certainly when I reached La Chorerra in 1971 I had a price on my head by the FBI, I was running out of money, I was at the end of my rope. And then “THEY” recruited me and said, “you know, with a mouth like yours there’s a place for you in our organization“. And I’ve worked in deep background positions about which the less said the better. And then about 15 years ago they shifted me into public relations and I’ve been there to the present.

Terence McKenna appears to admit to being an agent

Additional research in this regard is laid out in the Brain research database – which reveals many dozens of connections in the McKenna/Huxley and Darwin nexus, leading into eugenics and population control. The database and its 6000+ citations, with INSTRUCTIONS of how to study it, maybe found here.

Following up with the above papers and database leads, recently I filed a Freedom of Information Act request on Terence Kemp McKenna (amongst others) with the CIA. The response came back that it’s “classified” information, and that “Our processing included a search for records that would reveal an openly acknowledged agency affiliation”, and stated that I must file an appeal for further information.

The CIA’s Terence McKenna FOIA request response – “positive Agency affiliation” – “classified”

edit on ApruWed, 16 Apr 2014 12:32:05 -050012pm30Wed, 16 Apr 2014 12:32:05 -050020143216 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Valid points. But can you prove that this small group in the thousands have each other's best interests at heart which would substantiate the claim that there is a conspiracy. I mean it's not like I can't point to another time in history where the largest government in the world was mired in crippling corruption and the rich continued to get richer and richer while the poor became poorer and poorer.

Fall of the Roman Empire

Here's the reasons listed in that article on why Rome fell. Each one has its own paragraph explaining it:

Decline in Morals and Values
Public Health
Political Corruption
Unemployment
Inflation
Urban decay
Inferior Technology
Military Spending

Don't these problems look awfully familiar? Like possibly things facing the US currently?

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
So what about Jesus, JFK, George Washington, Woodrow Wilson, Theodore Roosevelt, and Benjamin Disraeli?

Were they ALSO full of "crap?"

SERIOUSLY?

IF there's no shadow government, why would JFK lay his life on the line to warn us about a 'monolithic and ruthless conspiracy'?

Why would Danny Casolaro expose "The Octopus" at the cost of his own life if there were no shadow government?

If there's no shadow government, WHO exactly is the ‘The Secret Team’ that Fletcher Prouty wrote about?

And why would George Washington warn us that the Illuminati wanted to separate the people from their Government?

What was the "Invisible Empire" that Woodrow Wilson spoke of?

Why would Theodore Roosevelt AND Charles A. Lindbergh Sr. both risk their reputations talking about "An Invisible Government" if one did not in fact exist?

Why would Ralph Epperson and Benjamin Disraeli talk about an ’The Unseen Hand’ if it were just some theory?

Past presidents of the United States and other high profile political leaders have repeatedly issued warnings over the last 214 years that the U.S. government is under the control of an “invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.”

According to six of our former presidents, one vice-president, and a myriad of other high profile political leaders, an invisible government that is “incredibly evil in intent” has been in control of the U.S. government “ever since the days of Andrew Jackson” (since at least 1836). They “virtually run the United States government for their own selfish purposes. They practically control both parties… It operates under cover of a self-created screen [and] seizes our executive officers, legislative bodies, schools, courts, newspapers and every agency created for the public protection.”

As a result, “we have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated, governments in the civilized world—no longer a government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and the duress of small groups of dominant men.”

“A power has risen up in the government greater than the people themselves, consisting of many and various powerful interests, combined in one mass, and held together by the cohesive power of the vast surplus in banks.” – John C. Calhoun, Vice President (1825-1832)

“Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to befoul the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.”— Theodore Roosevelt, 26th President of the United States

From Washington to JFK: Former Presidents Warn About Illuminati

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

hounddoghowlie
reply to post by ZeuZZ

just stop, you know exactly whats was being done and don't play the sources and that kind of game. you have it from the horses mouth.
he revealed it himself.
or are you saying that this lecture is just a pieced together sound bites. it is a known fact that he gave this talk and there were many in attendance.

so you tell me why would he say that he worked for them, if he didn't. and if he didn't wouldn't saying that make him a liar and should you trust anything he said, after knowing that he told that big of a whopper.

Thanks again for your input.

If you want to put that quote in it's actual context it was made in a lecture he gave (that within a year will have a million views with over 10k likes, pretty much unheard of for a lecture that long, by a simple extrapolation of view:rating ratio) at this following link.

You still have not given evidence of what his agenda is, even though he said this (which I do not dispute) you still neeed to show evidence as to why this fits into a conspiracy theory. Most people involved in a conspiracy would not openly state things like this in-front of a microphone or an audience.

The floor is yours.

Go.
edit on 16-4-2014 by ZeuZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Murgatroid
So what about Jesus, JFK, George Washington, Woodrow Wilson, Theodore Roosevelt, and Benjamin Disraeli?

Were they ALSO full of "crap?"

SERIOUSLY?

IF there's no shadow government, why would JFK lay his life on the line to warn us about a 'monolithic and ruthless conspiracy'?

Why would Danny Casolaro expose "The Octopus" at the cost of his own life if there were no shadow government?

If there's no shadow government, WHO exactly is the ‘The Secret Team’ that Fletcher Prouty wrote about?

And why would George Washington warn us that the Illuminati wanted to separate the people from their Government?

What was the "Invisible Empire" that Woodrow Wilson spoke of?

Why would Theodore Roosevelt AND Charles A. Lindbergh Sr. both risk their reputations talking about "An Invisible Government" if one did not in fact exist?

Why would Ralph Epperson and Benjamin Disraeli talk about an ’The Unseen Hand’ if it were just some theory?

Past presidents of the United States and other high profile political leaders have repeatedly issued warnings over the last 214 years that the U.S. government is under the control of an “invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.”

According to six of our former presidents, one vice-president, and a myriad of other high profile political leaders, an invisible government that is “incredibly evil in intent” has been in control of the U.S. government “ever since the days of Andrew Jackson” (since at least 1836). They “virtually run the United States government for their own selfish purposes. They practically control both parties… It operates under cover of a self-created screen [and] seizes our executive officers, legislative bodies, schools, courts, newspapers and every agency created for the public protection.”

As a result, “we have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated, governments in the civilized world—no longer a government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and the duress of small groups of dominant men.”

“A power has risen up in the government greater than the people themselves, consisting of many and various powerful interests, combined in one mass, and held together by the cohesive power of the vast surplus in banks.” – John C. Calhoun, Vice President (1825-1832)

“Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to befoul the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.”— Theodore Roosevelt, 26th President of the United States

From Washington to JFK: Former Presidents Warn About Illuminati

Governments, instituations, corporation and power in general are inherently, by design, used to control and manipulate people, usually through the media. These conspiracies you name are all real things. I do not argue that. But the fact that you even know about them points to the fact that they are half failed conspiracies, they did not work. They are out there. Sure, they happened. But did the people who did them really win? Are they controlling the world now?! Please state who you think is controlling the world now.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

ZeuZZ
Most people involved in a conspiracy would not openly state things like this in-front of a microphone or an audience.

One theory I hold to is that most people that are involved in conspiracy's don't have the slightest clue WHAT is really going on behind the curtain.

The truth is that the new age movement is all tied into Lucis trust and share international.

Most are completely blind to the hidden agenda behind the facade.

I simply couldn't digest that the 60's counter culture revolution was started by the CIA. All those hippies, drugs and free sex was another way for the powers that be to manage a chunk of the population so that they thought other people's ideas were their own when in fact institutions like the Esalen Institute peddle these memes or cultural movements and are even responsible for propagating the 2012 date as a point of cyclical change. It can lead to large groups of people becoming ineffective dreamers. The New Age movement has been susceptible to this and has handed over much over their sovereignty and dignity to channelled messages (though they are interesting to analyse for meta narratives and obvious manipulation)

It's hard to grasp why something so convincing could contain falsehoods but I can rattle off a number of issues that corroborate McKenna as CIA collaborator and cultural narrative driver.

Terence McKenna's CIA Collaboration

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

ZeuZZ
Are they controlling the world now?! Please state who you think is controlling the world now.

The governments are merely fronts...

Think about it, what would be the ultimate crime organization?

The one that people don't even believe exists.

Jesus referred to them as the "Synagogue of Satan".

One group and one group alone is responsible for virtually all wars and bloodshed on the face of this planet. The Synagogue of Satan

"We cannot understand the world until we appreciate that most leaders are traitors and that mankind is victim of a diabolical conspiracy on an unspeakable scale. It's time we stopped fighting each other and addressed the real enemy." ~ Henry Makow

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
The only real "overarching" conspiracy I can agree with would be this. Gravity is the ONLY overarching conspiracy that exists! It ALWAYS wins. So I guess singularities are the only REAL bonifide conspiritors I can think of. Plus, they NEVER talk! Well, at least not in the Human audio spectrum anyway. Good post. I think what really does it for me is, if there is a group of conspirators controlling the "World" where's the evidience? Seems like the place is pretty much OUT OF CONTROL! Maybe they should outsource they're conspiritorial machinations to the Girl Scouts, you know, folks that can at least display a modicum of organization, something TPTB don't seem to have a CLUE about !

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeuZZ

You still have not given evidence of what his agenda is, even though he said this (which I do not dispute) you still neeed to show evidence as to why this fits into a conspiracy theory. Most people involved in a conspiracy would not openly state things like this in-front of a microphone or an audience. The floor is yours. Go.

well as far as what the FBI/ CIA had him doing we'll never know for sure. even under the FIOA, a lot of information is still considered classified and will not be released. here is a link to a response from the CIA. note their title not mine. URGENT RELEASE: The CIA’s Terence McKenna FOIA request response – “a search for records that would reveal a positive Agency affiliation” – “classified”

and if you have any knowledge of how the government works or have ever had a top secret clearance. you will understand what the researcher has says here.

A DENIAL of FOIA RESPONSIVE documents does not mean that they didn’t find anything. It means they found classified documents that they cannot send, and are waiving the law around as justification, and therefore they denied my request and said that I could APPEAL their decision within 45 days. If there was nothing found, there would be no “openly acknowledged Agency affiliation” to reveal, nor would there be a request to deny, much less any need to appeal such! A basic understanding of the English language and fallacious logic is key to understanding this document. Hopefully the above glossary helps.

why he said what he said, maybe he thought just as you, why would i openly admit to something in a public setting, unless i was among people of a like mind. who knows maybe he was high and didn't care. drugs will do that you know.

also here is another lecture /talk that pretty much explain what mckenna thinks, it's plain to see that he is a worlder and that he promotes population reduction. start at the 1:11:00 mark to 1:21:00 mark. be warned there is along winded woman asking a question, that take about 2 mins. listen to what he says about men.

so knowing what is said by all of the conspiracy theorist about, the secret government, the crf, imf, g20, g8, nwo, illuminati or any other group bent on control and depopulation, doesn't his views fit that. is it so hard to believe that the FBI knew this about him and targeted him for as a asset to promote his and their views. i think not.

oh and something else i forgot to mention, mckenna study of fractals, and the i ching, helped him to come up with his novelty theory.
in which he said the world would end in 2012. we all know how that turned out.

and this will be the last reply. i'm done.

ETA: you know now that i think about his view on depopulation, this part he said in the first link makes perfect sense.

“you know, with a mouth like yours there’s a place for you in our organization

edit on 16-4-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

The group of people that say they are Jews but are not.

If you think about it, someone saying they are jewish when they are not is really only important to the jews and, of course, those imposters could only be thought of as devils. That is pretty much how they viewed everyone who wasn't a jew.

Yeah, that must have been important in that part of the world a couple thousand years ago.
edit on 16-4-2014 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Yea, I joined the masons so I could rule the world. Instead, I get to rule the kitchen, but then, only when the dishes are dirty.
The people who think secret societies rule the world, haven't put much critical thinking into it.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

network dude
Yea, I joined the masons so I could rule the world. Instead, I get to rule the kitchen, but then, only when the dishes are dirty.
The people who think secret societies rule the world, haven't put much critical thinking into it.

Nice reply. Starred.

I would also state that owning the world is a very different thing from controlling the world. People may own a vast amount of the world, but control it?! Please. If the alternative media is anything to go by the people who own the world have their days numbered right now.
edit on 16-4-2014 by ZeuZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeuZZ

If overarching conspiracies are crap, then the same goes for good ideas.

It's really that simple.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

The world is controlled by 3 cities.

1. Rome -- Religious Center.
2. London -- Financial Center
3. United States -- Military Center

These 3 factions create the Rome of today.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

randyvs
reply to post by ZeuZZ

If overarching conspiracies are crap, then the same goes for good ideas.

It's really that simple.

What good ideas are you referring to?

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Yes, now we are back to my original point that history is cyclical to the point of appearing to be connected. However these connections could just be natural deceptions that conceal the truth. That everything is just chaos. If you want to prove that the Roman Empire of the past is connected to the current state of affairs then you have to produce the connections not make vague parallels that paint us the same as them.

Since the historic gap between us and the Roman Empire is fairly large for human lifespans, you are going to have to do some stretching and a lot of historic review and analysis to make that connection. Keep in mind that just because a person involved then may be an ancestor to someone today who is doing the same things, this alone isn't adequate evidence that they are part of a grand centuries spanning conspiracy to control the masses. We all know that children are inherently rebellious of their parents, so that is QUITE a bit of children who disregarded this rebelliousness and lock step followed in their parents' grand plans. The people today could just be implementing plans and tactics that were used in the past by their ancestors.
edit on 16-4-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join