It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man in Chicago uses a Machine Gun to Avoid Paying Sales Tax

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Danbones
if one eats at mcdonalds and gets gas, should one pay tax on the gas?

Shhh! Don't give them any ideas!

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

What is wrong with people!?!! Doesn't this genius realize it's a government sales tax, not the store taxing him for shopping there. Good grief!!
Have to admit, this gave me a good laugh.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   
In an entirely unrelated story. . . .

(AP Wire)
Nahshon Shelton has been nominated to become Obama's new Tax Czar. At a press conference earlier today, he stood up to the White House podium, waving a 30 clip magazine ghost gun and stated that the entire administration will become tax-exempt under his authority, or he'd kill everyone in the press room.

Opinion is mixed as to whether it would be worth it or not to follow through with his demands.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Reminds me of the movie Falling Down

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   
At least he had a stand than most people.
edit on 16-4-2014 by candlestick because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Well, he doesn't have to pay sales tax in jail anyway. That should make him happy.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   

crazyewok
reply to post by Cygnis

A guy just threatend to kill a shop load of people over paying .22 cents yet the only thing you care about is the fact they missreported the gun used?

WHAT THE HELL?

It Dont matter what gun it was, he threatend a shop load of freaking people!
edit on 16-4-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

If it doesn't matter what type of gun it was, then why did the media intentionally go out of their way to lie about what type of gun it was?

A man walking into a store with a .22 and not using it is no national headline

But if its a chance to elicit a Pavlovian response from the uninformed public using words like "submachine" or "semiautomatic" or "assault weapons"
then it will become a national headline.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Here I was clicking on the thread expecting to see a MG42 or some kind of crazy 50 cal machine gun used...lol..

The guy is obviously off his rocker and will be punished as so.

He should have used a ball bat..lol

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Why is it the media with all their fact-checkers and researchers can never seem to report anything whatsoever accurate about firearms?

Further, why is it perfectly acceptable for them to be wrong ALL THE TIME!?!?!

Not once have I seen a retraction or correction when it comes to inaccurate firearms reporting.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

crazyewok
reply to post by Cygnis

A guy just threatend to kill a shop load of people over paying .22 cents yet the only thing you care about is the fact they missreported the gun used?

WHAT THE HELL?

You don't think it matters that they got very basic, simple facts of the case wrong in their reporting? To me it calls into question the entire rest of the article. Did he really have a Gucci bag? Did he really threaten to kill the entire shop?

At best it was a glaring mistake, at worst it was intentional to push an agenda to ban guns. I think there should be more accountability in news reporting. You shouldn't be able to just say whatever you want, have it be factually wrong and then just move on to the next story you're wrong about. There should be consequences, at the very least a fine.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Is there a big moral difference between this Darwin award winner and the geniuses over at the Bundy Ranch?? well sure there is one is urban black and alone who refused to pay sales tax of just a few cents the other is rural white with lots of friends who reused to pay for grazing rights on Fed land,up to about a million dollars.

Points converged they both threatened to shoot folks doing their job in the Bundy case govt employees while using women as human shield(an X Sheriff btw) and in the Chicago's guy's case store clerk or anyone hanging around for good measure.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
klik^me
Response of the majority: everyone recognized the Chicago guy need to have his azz locked-up ,his weapon confiscated as he is a clear menace to society, the Bundy folks at-least in some circles celebrated heroes.. well maybe it's the difference in $$ or cents but I don't think so both seemed sooo principled and well armed.

edit on 16-4-2014 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

crazyewok
reply to post by Cygnis

WHAT THE HELL?

absolutely, that matters.....but what also matters is pointing out media ignorance.

i mean, when you read a news report, would you rather have fact, or flash?

yes, he threatened a shop's worth of people, and i suppose that's important to report, but it's equally important to report accurately, what he threatened them with....

you should know by now how eager the media is to hype up ANYTHING negative, having to do with guns....so it's important to confront inaccurate reporting...

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

beezzer
In an entirely unrelated story. . . .

(AP Wire)
Nahshon Shelton has been nominated to become Obama's new Tax Czar. At a press conference earlier today, he stood up to the White House podium, waving a 30 clip magazine ghost gun and stated that the entire administration will become tax-exempt under his authority, or he'd kill everyone in the press room.

Opinion is mixed as to whether it would be worth it or not to follow through with his demands.

ROFL!

holy christ, lol...

btw, it's "thirty magazine clip"...if you're gonna get it wrong, get it right, lol

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Spider879
the other is rural white with lots of friends who reused to pay for grazing rights on Fed land,up to about a million dollars.

Points converged they both threatened to shoot folks doing their job in the Bundy case govt employees while using women as human shield(an X Sheriff btw)

well, when you put it that way, they sound like scumbags...

too bad you're misrepresenting the facts, and making things up...

they never used women as human shields...it was an idea in the head of one man, who arrived to the party late, and therefore, did not get the chance to float the idea to the others...it went no further than the inside of his head...

and if they were "threatening" to shoot government employees, it would have been in self defense, AFTER the feds shot first.

now, i say all this, because it is related to the topic of the thread.....misrepresentation....

a guy doesn't wanna pay his sales tax..pulls a gun, says he's "tax exempt", because this is his home neighborhood....and that's pretty much the extent of it...oh, and maybe he threatened to kill some people -shrug- i'm sure bizarre and dangerous stuff like this happens all across america every day....

the media reports it as some evil madman with a machinegun, about to frag the whole shop.....overdramatized, overhyped, and not fully representative of the facts....

it's media spin, to paint an already dangerous situation as being even MORE dangerous, and thus illicit a more substantial emotional response, and knee-jerk reaction..
edit on 16-4-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
What a shining example of responsible gun ownership!

Stunts like this only fuel the anti-gun people. This guy is one of the reasons we can't have nice things.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

MystikMushroom
What a shining example of responsible gun ownership!

Stunts like this only fuel the anti-gun people. This guy is one of the reasons we can't have nice things.

i know, right?

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
In many cities he would have been met with deadly resistance from an armed customer.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

xuenchen
Yes we have another nominee for brain of the year award.

A guy went into a store in Chicago and bought a bottle of cola for $1.79.

He proclaimed he was "tax exempt" while waving a .22 caliber submachine gun.

Apparently he threatened to kill everybody there but the article doesn't say he tried to not pay for the cola itself.

It was just the 22-cents for the tax that irritated him.

At least he understands what a burden taxes are.

Nahshon Shelton didn’t want to pay the 22-cent tax on his $1.79 two-liter of Pepsi on Saturday afternoon, Chicago Police said.

So he allegedly pulled a blue-steel Intratec .22-caliber submachine gun out of his Gucci satchel inside the convenience store in the 4000 block of West Madison Street where they tried to make him pay it — and he threatened to kill everyone there, a prosecutor said.

This “is my neighborhood, I’m tax exempt!” he would later allegedly tell the cops. “Man, you know what, I’ll keep it real. I had to put them in their place.”

I wonder what kind of "Place" he's at right now !!
LOL

Note: The address given is in one the highest crime rate areas in the City.
Angry over 22-cent tax on soda, man pulls out submachine gun in store: police

Whole New Definition of "CCW"

A man named Nahshon has a Gucci bag? And one of those expensive handguns? You would think a person with a Gucci could afford 22 cents. Does his name, the way he talks and the fact he has a Gucci give you any idea of what he does for a "living"?

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

Strange isn't it.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

A man named Nahshon has a Gucci bag? And one of those expensive handguns? You would think a person with a Gucci could afford 22 cents. Does his name, the way he talks and the fact he has a Gucci give you any idea of what he does for a "living"?

And you would think a man named Clive Bundy who is relatively well off with some sorta drawl could afford to pay for grazing rights on public property for the past 20yrs like his neighbors did,listen I have no idea of how he could afford a Gucci or a nice shiny expensive weapon and I don't care,the fact is he is an idiot who made some bizarre claims about his neighbor hood being independent and the thus the refusal to pay tax on a soft drink,I am guessing that could extend to other form of taxes as well,this is pretty much the Bundy case he doesn't recognize the Feds in his area or perhaps state which is fine but that do not change the fact or the reality of the Fed in his state .

Allow me to dive in some hypothetical for a min,lets say it's not the idiot above but the New Black Panthers or god forbid the Nation of Islam who felt aggrieved over some issue of them paying taxes because---- fill in the blank---- and took over a public park but brandishing a lot of shiny expensive weapons facing down law enforcement would the NRA hugged them?? would the Tea-party say waay to go boys we stand with you,would FOX portray them as being upstanding good American citizens with the right to bare arms while protesting their government...or would there be deafening silence or howls of disapproval from FOX about the menace threatening America. would they even walked out of there un touched..my guess is it wouldn't end well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join