It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man in Chicago uses a Machine Gun to Avoid Paying Sales Tax

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Yes we have another nominee for brain of the year award.

A guy went into a store in Chicago and bought a bottle of cola for $1.79.

He proclaimed he was "tax exempt" while waving a .22 caliber submachine gun.

Apparently he threatened to kill everybody there but the article doesn't say he tried to not pay for the cola itself.

It was just the 22-cents for the tax that irritated him.

At least he understands what a burden taxes are.

Nahshon Shelton didn’t want to pay the 22-cent tax on his $1.79 two-liter of Pepsi on Saturday afternoon, Chicago Police said.

So he allegedly pulled a blue-steel Intratec .22-caliber submachine gun out of his Gucci satchel inside the convenience store in the 4000 block of West Madison Street where they tried to make him pay it — and he threatened to kill everyone there, a prosecutor said.

This “is my neighborhood, I’m tax exempt!” he would later allegedly tell the cops. “Man, you know what, I’ll keep it real. I had to put them in their place.”

I wonder what kind of "Place" he's at right now !!
LOL

Note: The address given is in one the highest crime rate areas in the City.
Angry over 22-cent tax on soda, man pulls out submachine gun in store: police

Whole New Definition of "CCW"

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Its not a "machine gun" nor a "sub-machine gun".

Its a simple semi automatic, which accounts for the vast majority of firearms in the US.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   

gladtobehere
reply to post by xuenchen

Its not a "machine gun" nor a "sub-machine gun".

Its a simple semi automatic, which accounts for the vast majority of firearms in the US.

Ugh freaking morons in the media..

Leave it to them to blow it way WAY out of proportion..

I wonder if they truly understand what a "Machinegun" is or a "sub-machinegun" for that matter..

MSM =

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Intratec .22-caliber submachine gun

Another case of media stupidity

wizbangblog.com...

I do hope they charge him with having a submachine gun.

He might get a extra 10 years that he richly deserves.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   
aren't assault weapons like the tec 22 still illegal in chicago? so whats the point in making such a fuss over some idiot with an illegal gun?

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

That's similar to a tech 9 right?

The description of the weapon is incorrect, but I still would not want to come across a nutter wielding one! That said, I think the general thrust of what the fellow was ranting about is a fair point, although perhaps choosing to pull a gun over twenty something cents from a convenience store is not the most sensible battle to pick.

There are bigger examples of massive theft to fight over, like income taxation for instance, a part of the great Ponzi scheme currently being enacted against several national populations, and part of the over arching scam which keeps most western nations under a big thumb.

A for effort, F for choice of target.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   
This is what I love about gun-related threads - there will be a fight about what kind of weapon, is it a good or a bad gun, I am still waiting for the discussion what type of ammo would have been best.

No, really!

The next round of postings would be about taxes, how to avoid them (in fiction and reality).

Then some postings about big government, Obama and the overall injustice of it all.

Finally some postings like mine from the outside, making a little bit of fun of it all..
(wait, this smiley really is labeled "ham"?.. Good.. Very good!)

And that there was a guy in a store waving a gun, threatening people? Well, that is just the way it goes, right?
edit on 16-4-2014 by ManFromEurope because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   
He sounds like a man of principle.
Very F%^#ed up ones. Human lives are less than 22 cents in his book.
Don't read his book.
When you read his book, you think you're the king of your neighborhood. When you think you're the king of your neighborhood, you think your tax exempt. When you think you're tax exempt, you get thirsty for tax free soda.
Don't get thirsty for tax free soda.

edit on 16-4-2014 by DenyFlatulence because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Cygnis

I wonder if they truly understand what a "Machinegun" is or a "sub-machinegun" for that matter..

Why bother? It makes good news. Obviously, they *don't* know what a machine gun or a sub-machine gun is, nor do they care. If it bleeds, it leads.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Cygnis

A guy just threatend to kill a shop load of people over paying .22 cents yet the only thing you care about is the fact they missreported the gun used?

WHAT THE HELL?

It Dont matter what gun it was, he threatend a shop load of freaking people!
edit on 16-4-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   

crazyewok
reply to post by Cygnis

A guy just threatend to kill a shop load of people over paying .22 cents yet the only thing you care about is the fact they missreported the gun used?

WHAT THE HELL?

It Dont matter what gun it was, he threatend a shop load of freaking people!

Thank you. I thought I was the only sane person left here.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   
What form of anti depressant was he on?

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   

crazyewok
reply to post by Cygnis

He killed no one. The issue is not so much that someone made threats - that happens every day. What's interesting is that the MSM can't report even a simple issue without distorting it to fit a particular political viewpoint. THAT is news.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Waveing a gun around and threating to shot up a shop full of peope is a crime!

Doesnt matter if he was waveing a knife around or a mini gun, I take that serously!

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I've often wondered what you would be charged with, if say you bought a Gallon of Gas, payed only for the gas and refuse to pay the duty on the gas..is it theft or tax evasion.?

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   
if one eats at mcdonalds and gets gas, should one pay tax on the gas?

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   

crazyewok
reply to post by Bedlam

Waveing a gun around and threating to shot up a shop full of peope is a crime!

Doesnt matter if he was waveing a knife around or a mini gun, I take that serously!

Sure it is. But...what's more INTERESTING is that the MSM is jumping to say it's a sub-machine gun.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   
So they are taxing food products in Chicago? Or is it more just a soda tax? I realize a coke isn't exactly food but I hear all the time of the EBT community buying cokes.

I wonder too if he took the gun with him with the intention of using it to avoid paying the tax or if he just normally carries a gun with him?

Just read the link and saw his mugshot. What a piece of work this guy is. He looks stoned, He can afford a Gucci satchel, a gun and what looks like a Bulls jersey. Probably the official NBA one cuz a brothers gotta look good, no knock offs. Sounds like he was using a FOID card. Food stamp thing? If so, he is using taxpayer money but feels he shouldn't have to pay taxes. The entitlement crowd?

Maybe he just got off after a long shift at work and just wanted coke...

Felon with a firearm, bet he gets less than 6 months jail

edit on 16-4-2014 by tinner07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Bedlam
But...what's more INTERESTING is that the MSM is jumping to say it's a sub-machine gun.

I don't see how it matters.

Threatening with a weapon is threatening with a weapons. I think its silly to get hung up over a small mistake a reporter made just cause he likely doesn't have guns for brains.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   

crazyewok
I don't see how it matters.

It does. It's part of how the MSM conditions the American populace.

eta: They do know the difference. The only point of reporting it is that they can push the agenda a bit farther.

Consider. Let's say it was local news for you, and some chav had pulled a pocket knife to do it. He didn't cut anyone, and was obviously mad, but most of the article was about military knives, and how he threatened to harm someone, and how evil Army knives were. And how they ought to be abolished. Only, there really WEREN'T any such things as 'Army knives', and the Beeb was all constantly about how 'Army knives' had to be got rid of, and anything with an edge was obviously an 'Army knife', and how only soldiers ought to have them, and then only on the battle front. But in truth, bobbies were roughing up everyone with a penknife as having 'Army knives' and kicking down people's doors to take off their kitchen cutlery, and killing them in the process, and going on about 'Army knives' in the kitchens of England. You'd get tired of it as well.
edit on 16-4-2014 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join