It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Beauty Of Psychology And Genuineness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I just think one of the most beautiful and spiritual things is a person's individual psychology. Their true, deep selves, their motivations, intentions, fears, aspirations, etc. An obvious perception for me is that people go through their lives wearing a mask, acting according to previously defined standards based on perceptions of cultural norms. To me, one of the most beautiful things, one of my favorite things, is seeing someone when they don't think anyone sees them. You know, passionately singing a song, dancing, or just doing some 'weird' thing that they would never do in front of people. I feel so privileged to be able to see this. No matter how 'embarrassing' someone may think these things are, to me nothing is more beautiful than such genuineness.

I've always been highly analytical. I used to be unable to sleep hardly at all, and I would just lay in bed all night analyzing as deeply as possible people's intentions and motivations, the deeper and hidden meanings behind what they say and do. This is not always a good thing, but I feel it has helped to give me deep insight into people. I notice so many things about people and their behavior. I can get reads on people so quickly. I very often see people saying or doing things in a certain way, and their way of saying/doing it makes it obvious that they are intentionally trying to give off a certain impression, which at the same time reveals what they are trying to hide, which lets me see into them something they don't want others to see. But I value seeing these things, and I only gain respect for people by seeing their deeper selves, I never feel an impulse of judging someone for something 'embarrassing' they accidentally reveal about themselves.

I look into my own deep motivations, my true reasonings for the things I say and do. And when I look into it, it's the same thing. I feel that it is highly spiritual. I think our deep psychology is in a sense our own spirituality. It's like children. They just do and say what they want, they don't think about social implications or repercussion. So genuine. I feel humbled when I see such genuineness. I guess, I wish we could all, myself included, learn to be genuine again. I think all judgment stems from not truly understanding someone. When you truly see inside of someone, beyond all masks, I think you cannot help but feel a sympathetic connection with them. Our deepest, truest motivations and intentions, are what we hide. And yet I think this is our only true, genuine connection with one another.
edit on 16-4-2014 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TheJourney

I think all spirits' desires / "hearts" are to be "good" concept (re)producers, but our purpose - mankind's purpose - is to be "good" and "just" concept (re)producers, which is what Church is all about: (the practice and principles of just creation / the practice and principles of just concept (re)production -- religion).

So, what you are seeing, I would say, is that our desire to be just in sight of others', is the purpose of our spirits - which is Church. And that act of masking our personal concepts of good, (e.g. stopping ourselves from singing and dancing in our underwear, in order to produce interpersonal concepts of just), is still an extension of all spirits hearts -- which is, "good" concept (re)production.

It's all "good" concept (re)production - all life is driven by this spirit.

God wants to reproduce his concepts in us/Church - this is why we desire not only good, but justness, as well.

And while I have your attention:

The mind of God thing you are close on but you need to learn distinctions to be just. (Distinctions not separations.) e.g. A car is made from Earth, and so it is Earth, but it must be made distinct.

Father: Mind / awareness / creator of concept / thinker / I am / concept
Son: Body / image / word / symbol of concept / form / sensation / (re)
Holy Ghost: Spirit / will / producer of concept / function / ability / production

And the list should be broadened but that should give you an idea as to why we behave that way and make it correlative to your last thread about esoteric teachings from Jesus. (He is the image and you must go through the image to reach the concept. My words to get to my awareness.) Concept reproduction.

Enter someone who says desire to be just is a reflection of our social animal nature or some trifling #...

Edit:
"It's like children. They just do and say what they want, they don't think about social implications or repercussion. So genuine. I feel humbled when I see such genuineness. I guess, I wish we could all, myself included, learn to be genuine again."

In simple terms, babies do not care about being just - as a matter of fact, they cry when disciplined; and not because they feel remorseful, not at first, but because they do not want to stop. Man's heart is evil from his youth, but as we get older, we learn/desire justness.
edit on 4/16/2014 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Bleeeeep

I think all spirits' desires / "hearts" are to be "good" concept (re)producers, but our purpose - mankind's purpose - is to be "good" and "just" concept (re)producers, which is what Church is all about: (the practice and principles of just creation / the practice and principles of just concept (re)production -- religion).

So, what you are seeing, I would say, is that our desire to be just in sight of others', is the purpose of our spirits - which is Church. And that act of masking our personal concepts of good, (e.g. stopping ourselves from singing and dancing in our underwear, in order to produce interpersonal concepts of just), is still an extinction of all spirits hearts -- which is, "good" concept (re)production.

It's all "good" concept (re)production - all life is driven by this spirit.

God wants to reproduce his concepts in us/Church - this is why we desire not only good, but justness, as well.

Are you saying that we inherently have a desire towards our own ideals of goodness and the like, but at the same time our purpose as humans is to be harmonious with one another in our expressions? And we often put the emphasis more in favor of being harmonious than true to our own ideals, and this is why we put on the masks of fake superficiality?

And while I have your attention:

The mind of God thing you are close on but you need to learn distinctions to be just. (Distinctions not separations.) e.g. A car is made from Earth, and so it is Earth, but it must be made distinct.

Father: Mind / awareness / creator of concept / thinker / I am / concept
Son: Body / image / word / symbol of concept / form / sensation / (re)
Holy Ghost: Spirit / will / producer of concept / function / ability / production

And the list should be broadened but that should give you an idea as to why we behave that way and make it correlative to your last thread about esoteric teachings from Jesus. (He is the image and you must go through the image to reach the concept. My words to get to my awareness.) Concept reproduction.

Pretty good breakdown of the meaning of the trinity, I think. And again, is the theme bringing our own ideals into the physical world of interpersonal relationships, and that is the pathway to truly understanding, experiencing, and embodying our inner good or ideal, and that's what 'the son' represents?
edit on 16-4-2014 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Bleeeeep

Edit:
"It's like children. They just do and say what they want, they don't think about social implications or repercussion. So genuine. I feel humbled when I see such genuineness. I guess, I wish we could all, myself included, learn to be genuine again."

In simple terms, babies do not care about being just - as a matter of fact, they cry when disciplined; and not because they feel remorseful, not at first, but because they do not want to stop. Man's heart is evil from his youth, but as we get older, we learn/desire justness.

I think evil is an incorrect term to use here. Using your example, I agree that while they(babies) may not consider their actions to be Just I wouldn't go so far as to say they are evil. They are more simply "Self-ish", meaning at that early development they act out of basic "Self Interest" without consideration of others. Not in an evil way though, but because at such an early age I don't think there is even a concept yet developed to understand or consider anything outside it's own self awareness yet. The division of themselves and what's going on around them comes later and it's at that point when the choice is made to be either only concerned with themselves or to be concerned with others as well.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   

TheJourney
Are you saying that we inherently have a desire towards our own ideals of goodness and the like, but at the same time our purpose as humans is to be harmonious with one another in our expressions?

Yes, because our spirit, our purpose, is to be Church. It is also important to understand that ALL spirits do their version of "good", but it just happens that some versions are "unjust good" which is called evil.

Note: the quotations represent the concepts of just and good, subjectively, not the objective good which would be God.

And we often put the emphasis more in favor of being harmonious than true to our own ideals, and this is why we put on the masks of fake superficiality?

Yes, but it is out of a desire to produce good and/or be good and just.

I think you should, and do slightly, understand that if someone does a thing superficially, or even in sarcasm, there must be a small part of their heart which cares for the image that they create as they do that thing. E.g. If they pretend to care, then some part of them must truly care enough to fake it.

Further, I think being just towards others, to be harmonious, is to understand that we are all in one body, and so we must learn to be just with our spirit, or else we will suffer karma / iniquity of our father's, so to speak... he is prepping us from something, all in all, maybe?

Pretty good breakdown of the meaning of the trinity, I think. And again, is the theme bringing our own ideals into the physical world of interpersonal relationships, and that is the pathway to truly understanding, experiencing, and embodying our inner good or ideal, and that's what 'the son' represents?

Just as you are the image/body of your forefathers' concepts, their concepts which motivated and drove their spirit/will, so is the Son to Father. All sensation is the body of a concept. All things sensed ARE Jesus, yet you must keep in mind the analogy of Earth and the car. Jesus is the first born images just as a car was Earth before someone else's spirit molded it...

Think of Jesus like your mental images, in that your mental image is the image and body of your concepts, (without words/images, you cannot manifest a concept/awareness even to yourself) and then look at how the physical of reality truly behaves... there is not much difference except that our faith is not strong enough to manifest the concepts into the images of physicality with purely our physical words. Jesus is within us and we are within him. He is even the godhead bodily, which means even father's body is Jesus.

And none of this is meant to be taken as metaphorical. Jesus is literally physicality, or things sensed, and his awareness is the entity, Christ. This is why he is our Shepherd, and why you must go through the image to get to awareness/concept - to Father - because this is who God is, mind, body, and spirit.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by mOjOm

"Evil" is "unjust good". I do not believe there is anyone who can manifest a thing without good desires in such a way as you believe evil to be; and I think this is because God is so good that the only way bad can come into reality is through unjust good. e.g. It's good to be bad. Even Satan does what Satan thinks is "good" to do - he simply does it knowing, or unknowing, that it is unjust.

As for babies being unjust, like you insinuate... they don't know better - hints: "Father forgive them for they know not what they do."

Also, "man is evil from his youth" is from Genesis 8:21. I think evil is evil whether the perpetrator knows it or not, but if they do not know, maybe they are not held to such accountability - such as our judiciary systems judges between premeditated crimes or negligent crimes.

Notice how God said it was good after all days of creation, except for the day he created us? We aren't so "good" but our spirit does desire it over time - Church does, anyway.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   

You remind me of my teen years.

I concur.

I remember pestering . . . literally . . . pestering my mother around age 3 about WHY people did what they did. Her persistent answer was

I DON'T KNOW! GO PLAY! LOL.

I discovered over the years that there are answers to such questions.

And a lot of that discovery was via late night pondering similar to yours.

Thanks for your fine OP.

I also discovered over the years what a HUGE IMPACT

ATTACHMENT DISORDER has on the sorts of motivations, identities, reflexes, personae, charades, roles, distortions, etc. that individuals without sufficient amounts and qualities of love PARTICULARLY DADDY LOVE routinely display to the mangling of all their closer relationships . . .

and to the GREAT DISTORTION of their AUTHENTIC SELF, their authentic identity.

My thread on that topic:

BO X ATS ATTACHMENT DISORDER THREAD LINK:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

DR BRUCE PERRY’S CHILD TRAUMA ACADEMY:

childtrauma.org...

IMPACT OF ABUSE AND NEGLECT ON THE DEVELOPING BRAIN:

www.attachmentdisorder.net...

ATTACHMENT: THE FIRST CORE STRENGTH:

teacher.scholastic.com...

BONDING AND ATTACHMENT IN MALTREATED CHILDREN: BRUCE PERRY

childrenneedfamilies.blogspot.com...

Also worthwhile for pondering:

MARRIAGE ISN’T FOR YOU ARTICLE:

sethadamsmith.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   

TheJourney

I guess, I wish we could all, myself included, learn to be genuine again. I think all judgment stems from not truly understanding someone. When you truly see inside of someone, beyond all masks, I think you cannot help but feel a sympathetic connection with them. Our deepest, truest motivations and intentions, are what we hide. And yet I think this is our only true, genuine connection with one another.

If we could all learn this, the world would finally achieve peace. We are however all victims of our own prejudices and pre-formed ideas so many of us never achieve peace on a personal level, let alone a national or global one.

The silly thing is though that beneath it all, we all want the same things like happiness, a safe place for our families to grow up and to love and be loved.

Thanks for your thoughtful insights

new topics

top topics

join