It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Google applies for patent on Contact lens camera

page: 1

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 10:03 PM
Well ATS, it looks like more spy technology coming down the pipeline into the public sector as Google has applied for a patent in its latest entry for wearable tech. Smartphones, Smart tattoos, contact lenses, prosthetics with "feeling," etc..This quantum leap we're experiencing in technology right now is making my head spin. This is really good and exciting, yet nerve-racking at the same time as my mind delves into the implications for some of these new technologies. What say you, ATS?

Uses for the contact lens camera range from facial recognition and picture-taking to getting directions or receiving warnings about oncoming vehicles. The image capture device would likely sync with a smartphone, allowing most of the heavy-duty processing and display to be done there.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 10:36 PM
reply to post by lostbook

All this stuff is leading somewhere. It's almost as if humans are in the process of creating their own evolution at an escalating rate - just how much did the internet alter the human race!?! - and the thing that comes next is as easy to predict as the internet was for science fiction writers who bumped up against it for the first time when it sat down in front of them and smiled. Caught everyone by surprise. So where does the connected/seeable/hearable/touchable world in VR and 6D take the human animal? Literally nobody knows, and those who don't know aren't telling. Brave New World? Ha! Unrecognizable New World, entered into like the woman in Wonderfalls - feet first and enlightening as it unfolds like the first person who heard a symphony and tried to describe it to a mud drummer.
edit on 15-4-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 10:52 PM
reply to post by lostbook

What do I say? Well, get ready for the new normal. Every single month that passes you'll be hearing about new innovations in health and computing technologies. We're about to hit that point of no return in about 7 - 10 years where it will be week to week. Are you ready for the world to change, for humanity's evolution to be dictated by us (for a little while) and then by the children of the mind (the post humans) soon after?

We're the caterpillar going into the cocoon phase of it's evolutionary cycle. In the cocoon, changes will be immense for about 200-400 years until we become something...well...beyond physical. That's a long way off, so don't sweat about that. You shoudl sit down and have a nice cold one as you start to hear about things happening to you and around you...

ideas like will assist in our social evolution
while things like
something like this one here
maybe personal superhero iron man...I mean suits that help disabled individuals
surrogate bodies maybe
and let's not forget how we view energy exchange
and then more brain stuff
and of course there will be lots and lots of blood

Get ready for an influx of changes coming to an Earth near you. The singularity is coming, the prophets will shout. Shut up and let us enjoy the cool tech, the people will say. As long as you realize that it only gets better from here, the prophets will yell back with a grin. Shove it, the people will jeer.

My silly little point is that you should buckle in, change is coming fast. Don't give in to astonishment.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 10:57 PM
It just keeps happening !!!

Down the rabbit hole we go. The future, in 7-10 years time, will be unpredictable in a literal fashion.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:14 PM
Beware of false prophets and idol worshiping. So far man hasn't made this planet a living paradise, technology always comes with a price.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:17 AM
Camera contacts + facial recognition software + GPS.

O-M-G I can't wait to get this combination of technology in one product.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:45 AM
My problem remains with using these devices in place of our own brains.

Instead of developing better skills or actually learning how to read information and store it, we are becoming much too dependent on devices to do these tasks for us. Which, I believe may lead towards apathy or laziness. We lose our ability to socialize or act human. We lose our ability to learn from mistakes or teach skills forward to children. Then the information becomes a power struggle. He who controls distribution of said information rules.

So where do we lose ourselves in all this? Soon.
I am on the train where we all need to unplug and listen to the Earth and nature, rather than plug in and completely devoid ourselves from it. There will come a time where electricity will fail, and power will not be around to run these things...and after years of relying upon it...what would you do without it?

You can't "google" how to live.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 10:47 AM

There will come a time where electricity will fail, and power will not be around to run these things...and after years of relying upon it...what would you do without it?

You can't "google" how to live.

Good call!

Surprisingly you can Google how to live. I just did it and I'm print

before it's to late.

edit on 16-4-2014 by hana1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:02 AM
You guys DO realize that companies (especially tech companies) like to file patents on non-existing technologies so they can lay claim to it even if another company happens to invent it right?

The article in the op says itself that this technology is all highly theoretical and they don't even have a working prototype. Google is just covering their bases just in case another company sees Google Glass and jumps to the next logical technological level for it. In other words, they are patent trolling. Now a good argument to address is why such acts are even legal, you should have at the least a working prototype before you can file a patent.
edit on 16-4-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:18 PM
So I guess the singularity might actually come to pass. The next few decades will be interesting to say the least.

new topics

top topics