It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ferry sinking off South Korean coast, over 470 people on board

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

whatnext21
Not sure if this is in the same area or not but there is a spot where in the spring the tide subsides for an hour or so and causes a land bridge to form. Maybe it came early.
ImpactLab.net

Jindo Island, in South Korea, is host to one of the world’s most amazing natural phenomenons, called the Moses Miracle. Two times a year, at the beginning of May and in the middle of June, the waters between Jindo and Modo islands split and create a causeway 2.8 km (1.7 miles) long and 40 meters (131 feet) wide. The path lasts for roughly an hour and allows people from both places to meet halfway and celebrate.

Nice find whatnext.

I have no idea, but maybe someone here on ATS has more knowledge about the area, as well as the overall vicinity where this tragedy occurred.

That would be something if it turned out to be the same area as you just mentioned. Interesting either way. ~$heopleNation

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

someone posted that on the page before this, that is an interesting phenomanom......very sad this happened...all those teenagers

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   

j.r.c.b.
Just heard on CNN, so of course, I came here 1st. CNN says all students & teachers are wearing life vests...thanks for the pic, it looks like their not to far from Shore, which is good....thoughts out to them all, that they will make it safely off the ship. S&f OP! As a parent, I would be freaking out right about now if my child was on that ship....

I must keep up with this, my friend has a daughter that is a teacher of ESL in South Korea.

She wants to know if the South Korean government will contact her and how. Is there a number to call?

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Krystian
Didn't this happen on the anniversary of the Titanic?

K, The Titanic struck an iceberg, and then sank on April 14th 1912.

Such an amazing story. Me personally, I was into the Titanic disaster long before it was ever cool to be into the Titanic disaster. ~$heopleNation

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   

research100
someone posted that on the page before this, that is an interesting phenomanom

You mean phenomenon? All I did was quote the poster I was replying to.

......very sad this happened...all those teenagers

Oh it's absolutely horrible. I just hope they find them alive in an air pocket or within the vessel. ~$heopleNation

edit on 17-4-2014 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   

WarminIndy

j.r.c.b.
Just heard on CNN, so of course, I came here 1st. CNN says all students & teachers are wearing life vests...thanks for the pic, it looks like their not to far from Shore, which is good....thoughts out to them all, that they will make it safely off the ship. S&f OP! As a parent, I would be freaking out right about now if my child was on that ship....

I must keep up with this, my friend has a daughter that is a teacher of ESL in South Korea.

She wants to know if the South Korean government will contact her and how. Is there a number to call?

I just tried searching for a #, and could not find one anywhere???I would try calling someone on the Jeju island...here's a sad story, as of 3:25 a.m, CNN SAYS there were 46 lifeboats on board, but only one was used, not yet 100% confirmed, captain also had a tearful apology! and also the ships operator??? THEY LIVED!!!! they better start answering questions!!!!
I found this page with some phone #'s, hope it helps.......www.uscis.gov...
edit on 4/17/14 by j.r.c.b. because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Just tried to read those messages which were sent to parents but I can't...

Its too sad to read those messages!

However, I did read that the Captain waited 30 mins before telling people to abandon ship... this is where those live's were lost. If he had abandoned ship straight away when it began tilting, we wouldn't have over 200 dead now (Looking like it anyway). At least he should said to move up to the top deck and be ready...

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
CNN said the captain may have turned the ship too fast so it fell over. CNN - bang ding ow - CNN - bang ding ow - CNN ...

edit on 4/17/2014 by roadgravel because: typo

Edit:

CNN please except my apology...it was a reporter on FOXNews.... (Who turned the TV to the Fox news comedy channel)
edit on 4/17/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I got my earlier post wrong on the time... it was 1 hour before the Captain said to abandon.

Like a guy said in an interview, as soon as the ship tilted and reached the level of the 1st floor deck, water would have been seeping through... once the water starts getting in, there is no stopping it.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

wonder where they are recruiting ship captains now, Somolia?

Remember the cruise ship that ran aground and one of the first men off was the captain.

9-11, ignore the burning building and return to your desk.

Idiots rising to the top

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Thank you. I am looking now.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Good!! From CNN: Police: Arrest warrant issued for captain, 2 crew members of sunken S. Korea ferry
www.cnn.com...

I feel so bad for the vice principal of the school...he hung himself in a tree, from the article: "Compounding that tragedy, one of those rescued, a high school vice principal who was on board the ferry along with more than 300 students, was found hanging from a tree, police said."

He must have felt so distraught. He was one of the 1st to be rescued...hearts & thoughts out to all the families

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: j.r.c.b.

there is a pic of the captain abandoning the ship

.....to the other poster sorry I misspelled phenomenon , I usually catch my spelling mistakes

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
The Vice Principal of the school was found hanging from a tree. He appears to have hung himself using his own belt outside a gym.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: research100
a reply to: j.r.c.b.

there is a pic of the captain abandoning the ship

.....to the other poster sorry I misspelled phenomenon , I usually catch my spelling mistakes

www.dailymail.co.uk...

There's so much I'd like to say about this "captain" right now, but I would be sure to be banned for life if I wrote what I think of this "captain", so I'll just stick with calling him COWARD!

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

So tragic. The whole affair. The poor man must have been in anguish.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Yet another heart-wrenching tragedy playing out on our little round sphere of life. I truly hope that divers can somehow get inside and maybe rescue some of those who have managed to make their way to air-pockets. Time is running scarce but there is still a possibility...

PS- Watch out, I would assume that certain war-drum beating individuals will soon be in this thread trying to tell everyone this is just another big distraction for the whole Ukraine situation. Pay them no attention. Show your respect for the South Korean families by not allowing this discussion to be conjoined with that crap.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
The Vice Principal of the school was found hanging from a tree. He appears to have hung himself using his own belt outside a gym.

www.reuters.com...

That is so horrible. He is another victim of this tragedy. ~$heopleNation

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
CNN is reporting divers have entered the ship, and at this point they have confirmed 29 lost.

All I can keep thinking about is this video...

Hope is never lost.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

Now they are buried alive under the sea level. It's nightmarish.
That sacrifice blood-moon thing is kind of interresting coincidence theory.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join