It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All is not what it seems

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
OK ... I wasn't really sure where to post this. MODS FEEL FREE TO RELOCATE

Basically an incident happened tonight involving myself, and .. somebody else... a family member.

It got heated, I was threw down 2 flights of stairs. I am bruised and battered.

The point of this thread is ....

The police were called and basically , the police were like a breath of fresh air, they seen to me, made no judgements, made sure i was ok, and took me home. Nobody got arrested, domestic incident ...

YOU KNOW .. THEY (the police) GET A BAD PRESS SOMETIMES .... I'm guilty of such prejudice myself at times ..... but you know what, when the # hit the fan , they were lovely.

Took me home, made sure I was OK.

It meant a lot to me.

I'm bruised, can't really type quickly, but, just wanted to say, NO MATTER WHAT OUR THOUGHTS/AGENDA/POLITICS ... I don't know what i'd have done tonight without their input !!!!

SO, Thank you UK POLICE x x x

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by idontfitinandidontwantto

Glad you're going to be ok. It's important to find balance in life, and gratitude helps create that. Well done!

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

I am glad you had a good experience. My father is a police officer, has been for 20+ years. A majority of police officers are good law abiding citizens. And most work in the communities they live in, and serve to make it a better place. It is the few however, that give cops a bad rep. The ones that my father would call a "liability". There are always idiots in every workplace, criminals, psychopaths, you name it, they are working somewhere. I do feel that the US has become a larger police state, but I feel this is inevitable due to the increasing fast population growth, it has to happen. God bless you and your family, and hope things improve.
edit on 15-4-2014 by Emerys because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Somebody should be arrested.

Glad you are OK.

But, you were assaulted....and that is not OK.

Nobody has the right to push you down stairs.

Again, just glad you lived through it.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

Thank you, I will be ok. It's just , credit where credits due, ya know .. they (police) were amazing with me . . . just wanted to say that despite all what is said at times about the police . . . . i've encountered the compassionate side .. just wanted to put it out there, ya know
x x x

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Emerys

I am glad you had a good experience. My father is a police officer, has been for 20+ years. A majority of police officers are good law abiding citizens. And most work in the communities they live in, and serve to make it a better place. It is the few however, that give cops a bad rep. The ones that my father would call a "liability". There are always idiots in every workplace, criminals, psychopaths, you name it, they are working somewhere. I do feel that the US has become a larger police state, but I feel this is inevitable due to the increasing fast population growth, it has to happen. God bless you and your family, and hope things improve.
edit on 15-4-2014 by Emerys because: (no reason given)

I understand what you're saying. My boyfriends sister is a police officer, she's in it for the right reasons my friend.

Just wanted to say . . ya know they get a bad rep most of the time . . but when ## happens and you meet real human beings who are in the job for the right reasons .. I just want to make it known that there are good guys/girls .

Lets not taint all with the same brush ya know . .

It put a few things in perspective for me tonight my friend ya know . . sometimes . . . take a step back x x x

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Just wanted to say thank you to the police who came to my aid tonight when i really needed it X X X

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

You are right my love. I didn't deserve what happened. Thank you UK Police x x x

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

I know you're right my love. I'll be ok, thanks for caring. I'm battered and bruised but i'll be alright, Pardon my typing but im a biy done in mate

x x x

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Please stay away from whoever did this to you. They may be physically more powerful than you but you have the power over yourself. They will apologize but you need to step away for a bit. Glad your gonna be ok.
edit on 15-4-2014 by JewelOfDenial because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by JewelOfDenial

What do I do if its my family? He's never gone that far before but I'm not messing, I'm really beat up mate. My family dynamics is to the average person a bit f**ked up. I guess its part of the reason why I am who I am . . x

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

I'm not after sympathy love. it was a one off (as im typing this im thinking im making excuses for his behaviour) x

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   

My family is rough aswell and yes that makes it all the harder. I would always just stay at friends for months but if that isn't an option then you need to have a serious talk and address your issues and set some lines that should never be crossed. Family is blood and he probably feels the pain of the situation too, always best to patch things up if you can.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Thats how i feel. its ok, i'm at my boyfriends now, i can stay as long as i need to. My family dynamics goes waaay back mate. its part of the reason i havent had children yet. i will be a fantastic mum but i'm not prepared to bring a child into the world where ......... etc etc ...... not sure i'll ever have children ??

My boyfriend is the most loving, beautiful soul anyone can hope to meet, so im ok. its just im 32 and still, things are affecting me from my past..

just dont want to subject a little person to that.. dont mean to sound defeatest, i'll be ok tomorrow but having children is the biggest thing anyone can do .. Ever !

Just dont wanna screw them up like the way things are still affecting me ,,,

x x x

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Cant choose your family .. wouldnt change them tho lol

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   

I'm sure you would love your child all the more for it. I'm 32 myself and just had a baby, the mother and I don't get along but I just know that child is the best thing I'll ever do, she will be my companion through this life. You sound strong I think you will sort things out.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   

idontfitinandidontwantto

What do I do if its my family? He's never gone that far before but I'm not messing, I'm really beat up mate. My family dynamics is to the average person a bit f**ked up. I guess its part of the reason why I am who I am . . x

It doesn't matter who it is, they had no right to abuse you in that way. Charges should have been made! It will not help matters to allow someone to bully you like that. I'm glad you had a good experience with the cops, but please think more highly of yourself and safety.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Hi everybody who replied to me when I really needed a friend. I really appreciated that. guys, I really needed it! Not gonna lie I was in a bad way...

I'm still bruised and sore but life has a funny way of making things better.

Ok I'll elaborate :

I'm so so so so so excited, I did a favour for a friend yesterday and today even tho I was sore etc .. anyhow enough of that (because I have to move on, cant dwell on these things) anyway ... her father is a qualified pilot and, (weather permitting, I'm going up in a microlight aircraft as a treat tomorrow !!!!

OH MY WORD !!

I've never even flown before, in an aircraft of any description !! , (only in my dreams lol see lucid dreaming threads) HA

I really feel like a kid at christmas !!

Cant wait guys !!

Please lord, weather permitting.

Fingers crossed guys.

I'll reply on this thread tomorrow , tell you all about it ...... oooo I'm sooooooo excited YAY !!! xxxxxx LOVE TO ALL
Thanks to all whom replied it really did mean the world to me.

God Bless You All X X X X X X

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Now tomorrow night... throw him/her down the stairs. I mean why not? No ones going to be arrested anyway and even stevens prevent future stair throwings of you.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

Ha, thats mean, but you know what my friend - thanks for the reply !

I'll pray for you when i'm flying with the angels sweetheart

Mwah ! God bless you my love

XXXXXXXX

<<   2 >>

join