It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dark rings in the sky, Lemington Spa, UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Hey guys,

Sorry if re-post but saw people posting these pictures on Facebook today, some say it's a photoshop, others say 'bugs' and a few people have said an electrical transformer blew, just thought I'd post here to get an answer (and because it does look pretty cool)

Also not entirely sure how to embed pictures into my post so excuse the links

Thanks for reading
edit on 15/4/2014 by conz1992 because: d

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by conz1992

Interesting story but this is the third thread on it to my knowledge. If you want more info check them out. Most agree it was a transformer or something similar.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by CagliostroTheGreat

Ah my bad, I couldn't find them personally had a bit of trouble uploading the pictures from my phone so would have posted it much earlier in the day. Yeah transformer is most likely as people have said they heard a boom or an explosion type noise in the area. Mods feel free to delete post if this is a repost

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Haha

Sorry didn't mean to crash the party...

But yeah I think it was a transformer. Either that or someone burning trash (well, rubbish since its in UK) in a cylindrical container also smokestacks have been known to produce similar phenomena. I don't think it was bugs though.

Kallisti

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
BBC news reported that nearby Warwick Castle claimed ownership of the "ring" as they were testing some fireworks or such.

The eventual answer came in the middle of Tuesday afternoon when a statement from Warwick Castle confirmed that they had been testing fireworks.

A Warwick Castle spokesman said they had been testing "fire effects" to go with the daily firing of the Trebuchet Fireball - a giant catapult.

"We've seen a number of different effects, including the vortex images that have been reported," the spokesman said. "As yet we don't know what causes the phenomenon but it's certainly a spooky spectacle."

Source: www.bbc.co.uk...

Smoke ring from a firework (much smaller scale though!)

edit on 15-4-2014 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

CagliostroTheGreat

Interesting story but this is the third thread on it to my knowledge. If you want more info check them out. Most agree it was a transformer or something similar.

3rd? I've been seeing 2-3 threads a day about this ring in the sky.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by 168617

Yeah it's gotten a bit outta hand, eh?

top topics

join