It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston Police Confirm Suspicious package found near the Boston Marathon finish line

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

BOSTON, Massachusetts-

The Boston Police Department confirmed Tuesday evening that two unattended backpacks were found near the Boston Marathon finish line.

Pedestrians and motorists were asked to stay away.

The backpacks were found on the eve of the 2014 Boston Marathon.

Boston Police Confirm Suspicious Packages near Marathon Finish Line Read more: fox40.com...

I know it's fox news ,but i just heard it on my local news station ....

This is strange , i really don't know what to think at this point . Ill come back with my opinion when more info comes in on this..
edit on 0556063045546th by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

edit on 0576063045746th by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by LightningStrikesHere

The Marathon isn't until next Monday, but the one-year anniversary ceremony was held today.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Aleister

The Marathon isn't until next Monday, but the one-year anniversary ceremony was held today.

Strange.. i hope this is not some moron trying to play a cruel joke...

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

This seems so strange. I found it on one news site but it seems hard to find info or any other information. I hope someone is not some idiot planning a copy cat
edit on 4/15/1414 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

LightningStrikesHere

Aleister

Strange.. i hope this is not some moron trying to play a cruel joke...

You're right... it's not some moron, it's the ultimate of them all morons --- USGov.
Keep the constant fear, it's easier to control the masses.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I would honestly prefer it was some moron trying to play a bad prank, rather than the alternative, which is some moron trying to be a copy cat. Hopefully some birdbrained tourists just forgot their bags.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
ABC News
ABC news says they have evacuated.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I know it's fox news ,but i just heard it on my local news station.

If you are questioning Fox News as a source for your post, may I ask who you would consider to be a legitimate news source (if any)?

You have piqued my curiosity.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Metallicus

If you are questioning Fox News as a source for your post, may I ask who you would consider to be a legitimate news source (if any)?

Sure www.AboveTopSecret.com

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Breaking News ‏@BreakingNews 2m
Police: Male suspect in custody in connection to unattended backpacks at Boston Marathon finish line - @bostonpolice www.breakingnews.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Havox

Thank you for the link!

It states that

Bomb squad reportedly carries out intentional, controlled detonation of backpacks near Boston Marathon finish line - @davidfmeyers via @MicahGrimes

Loud explosions reported as police detonate 2 bags left at Boston Marathon finish line - @cbsboston, @ryanschulteis

edit on 4/15/1414 by Martin75 because: Added newest post from Breakingnews.com

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
hmmmm?

"Look Over Here"

Meanwhile the Feds close in on the ranch?

Just a thought.

Peace

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
what are the odds its another drill?
or a " PR flag " incident

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

LightningStrikesHere

BOSTON, Massachusetts-

The Boston Police Department confirmed Tuesday evening that two unattended backpacks were found near the Boston Marathon finish line.

Pedestrians and motorists were asked to stay away.

The backpacks were found on the eve of the 2014 Boston Marathon.

The bolded quote above is not true. The "eve" would be Sunday night as the 2014 Boston Marathon will be held on Monday, April 21.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by seaez

it was the eve of an event to commemorate the bombing not the eve of the marathon
I wonder what else the story is "wrong"

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Danbones
reply to post by seaez

it was the eve of an event to commemorate the bombing not the eve of the marathon
I wonder what else the story is "wrong"

I see that now thanks to you and the comments above, reading the article left me scratching my head. From other links provided, hopefully they caught the guy(s) before anyone was hurt.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Metallicus

Seeing as how this Fox News article mangled the information (no disinformation needed when they can't get simple facts straight!) such as it "being the eve of 2014 Boston Marathon" which it isn't, as others mentioned it is the eve of the anniversary, I'd say he is correct in questioning it

As should anyone not blinded by partisanship... but you carry on. Running tomorrow in the marathon?

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Soooo the 2 guys that were arrested and blamed for last years bombing aren't actually the culprits?
edit on 15-4-2014 by Teeky because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

seaez

Metallicus

Seeing as how this Fox News article mangled the information (no disinformation needed when they can't get simple facts straight!) such as it "being the eve of 2014 Boston Marathon" which it isn't, as others mentioned it is the eve of the anniversary, I'd say he is correct in questioning it

As should anyone not blinded by partisanship... but you carry on. Running tomorrow in the marathon?

I was just using them as a confirmation really... Lol

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Teeky

Well...

One of them was arrested the other was gunned down. Were they guilty? I don't know. Is there something fishy going on? I would say yes, most definitely.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join