It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video shows large al Qaeda meeting in Yemen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Try and shoot first, ask questions later seems to be the game of the day.

Propaganda at it's finest though. Let's make sure America remembers that the boogey man still exists.

Washington (CNN) -- A new video shows what looks like the largest and most dangerous gathering of al Qaeda in years. And the CIA and the Pentagon either didn't know about it or couldn't get a drone there in time to strike.U.S. officials won't comment on that, but every frame of the video is now being analyzed by the United States.

In the middle of the clip, the man known as al Qaeda's crown prince, Nasir al-Wuhayshi, appears brazenly out in the open, greeting followers in Yemen. Al-Wuhayshi, the No. 2 leader of al Qaeda globally and the head of al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, has said he wants to attack the United States.

But in the video, he looks unconcerned that he could be hit by an American drone.The video started appearing on jihadist websites recently, drawing the attention of U.S. officials and global terrorism experts. U.S. officials say they believe it's authentic.
"This is quite an extraordinary video," Paul Cruickshank, CNN terrorism analyst, said.

CNN

This news agency, if you can call it that, is so poor. I mean, it's so blatantly obvious they aren't interested in news or reporting what's going on in the world.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

tothetenthpower
Try and shoot first, ask questions later seems to be the game of the day.

Propaganda at it's finest though. Let's make sure America remembers that the boogey man still exists.

Washington (CNN) -- A new video shows what looks like the largest and most dangerous gathering of al Qaeda in years. And the CIA and the Pentagon either didn't know about it or couldn't get a drone there in time to strike.U.S. officials won't comment on that, but every frame of the video is now being analyzed by the United States.

In the middle of the clip, the man known as al Qaeda's crown prince, Nasir al-Wuhayshi, appears brazenly out in the open, greeting followers in Yemen. Al-Wuhayshi, the No. 2 leader of al Qaeda globally and the head of al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, has said he wants to attack the United States.

But in the video, he looks unconcerned that he could be hit by an American drone.The video started appearing on jihadist websites recently, drawing the attention of U.S. officials and global terrorism experts. U.S. officials say they believe it's authentic.
"This is quite an extraordinary video," Paul Cruickshank, CNN terrorism analyst, said.

CNN

This news agency, if you can call it that, is so poor. I mean, it's so blatantly obvious they aren't interested in news or reporting what's going on in the world.

~Tenth

Ohhhh ok so they are not Al Qaeda Terriorist while the
U.S support them in Syria...?

they are only terrorist when the U.S wants them to be....?

LAME!

edit on 0524043045244th by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

edit on 0594043045944th by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

edit on 0305053043045th by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I always thought those suicide vests were kind of self-defeating.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Well, Hell, if they were having a group meeting, they would be doing some preliminary (at least) planning and discussing. Our spies would be all over the campus, and more than one video camera imaging everything in sight. What a great opportunity for gaining data, facial recognition, license plates, hotel reservation, analyzing camel dung, bugging the local cat houses. There would be no end to the data collected there. Actually, seems like a very, very foolish assembly to me. No way I would want to spoil the party by putting a Hellfire missile up those people's' butts.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Skyfloating
I always thought those suicide vests were kind of self-defeating.

Didn't you mean to say "self-inflating?"

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

And the CIA and the Pentagon either didn't know about it or couldn't get a drone there in time to strike.U.S. officials won't comment on that, but every frame of the video is now being analyzed by the United States.
- See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Shenanigans...

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Aliensun

Didn't you mean to say "self-inflating?"

Hilarious retort. Sorry for dragging this thread off-topic OP.

@OP: Yemen is so full of villains, even the entire Arab world is wary of them. I guess you could call any mingling of assorted bad-guys "Al Qaeda" and use it as a pretext for U.S. foreign policy.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Worth it.

Yemen is so full of villains, even the entire Arab world is wary of them. I guess you could call any mingling of assorted bad-guys "Al Qaeda" and use it as a pretext for U.S. foreign policy.

Do you think it's good Foreign Policy to cozy up to them as we've been?

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I don't think any news agency is interested in reporting news anymore. Just infomercials disguised as news agencies.

Why would we need a drone strike? Just a bunch of good ole boys exercising their rights to assembly, free speech and to bear arms...lol...

I bet a cruise missile could have got them if everybody wasn't to busy spying on Americans, trying to bust up some illegal dog food coupon ring or something.

But I guess that proves they will need more money in the upcoming budget for more drones, more tech, more payola to their defense contractor cronies and cohorts.

The good news is the prices for high end homes must be going up finally

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

tothetenthpower

No, it's inconsistent.

The more we meddle in foreign affairs, the more they come to haunt us later.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Skyfloating

tothetenthpower

No, it's inconsistent.

The more we meddle in foreign affairs, the more they come to haunt us later.

Not to worry, the various agencies are currently more focused on domestic terrorists, particularly in Nevada. Al Qaeda in Yemen will have to wait.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Well there.

That 'boogieman' is as old as Islam itself. Those radical Islamofascists have been 'clinging to their guns, and religion' long before the last two administrations were ever 'voted' in to office.

From the Carter administrations through Reagan, to Clinton to the last two chumps.

The 'war on terror' has been waged for over 4 decades by 'America' longer, by the 'jihadists'.
edit on 15-4-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Al Qaeda is not in Syria, Russia is tho and that's a big clue as to the source of the lies

Ex members of Al Qaeda who just happen to live in Syria are fighting, but not Al Qaeda

Al Qaeda hale from every Islamic country and everywhere on the planet that there is a Muslim community's, that could be the US UK EU so what next? they're training them too?

The propaganda is just being spun that is all

Lets say a civil war broke out in Indonesia where Al Qaeda operatives have come from too

If the US intervened, immediately you'd find the same BS being spun by the anti west brigade, you would find some idiot labeling the revolution Al Qaeda terrorists and CIAeda

There are EX Al Qaeda members within Assad's army but nobody is mentioning that, and because they're now fighting in there homeland for different motives with different agendas and are very very few... that does not mean we can discredit the rebels and ignore how the Syrian war began as a revolution where Assad began to shoot at them and label them terrorists in his refusal to step down from mass protests across the country, and all under orders from Moscow

It is what it is. propaganda, nothing more

edit on 15-4-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-4-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Dispelling the 'propaganda' would be doing this:

There are two 'sects' within Islam vying for regional dominance.

One hails from Iran-Shia.

One hails fron Saudi Arabia- Sunni.

Iran backs their 'blackwater' Hamas, Hezbollah.

Saudi backs Al Aqaeda their 'blackwater'.

Neither side has the balls to go after each other directly so they go screw up other countries like Syria, and Iraq, and Afghanistan, Yemen, Libya.

And they have been doing that long before GWB or Obama ever got in to office.

That is 'dispelling' propaganda.
edit on 15-4-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

neo96

Neither side has the balls to go after each other directly so they go screw up other countries like Syria, and Iraq, and Afghanistan, Yemen, Libya.

And then the Russian and Chinese propaganda machines spins the propaganda blame it on the west when they intervene

Motive, West is gaining to much influence across the globe cock blocking us

Outcome: making public opinion tough to gain

Outcome of that...

A weak west, a strong east

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Sometimes I wish I could speak Arabic... maybe I should learn it, just to understand what these people are really saying

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by aLLeKs

I don't speak it, but I can guess what they are saying...

"Destroy all infedals"

"You will burn in a sea of holy fire"

"Death to America"

"It's God's will to kill all westerners"

Ect ect and more ect.

-SAP-

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

What the hell kind of writing is that? I've seen better writing in descriptions of YT videos.

top topics

join