It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Interrupt Your WWIII Preparations with This: Canada is planning to invade Syria, leaked reports

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

I just hope they're enough to safeguard your entire nation.

Thanks for the kind words...however, what exactly or should I say who are we supposed to be defending our country from? Who is threatening us?

In fact....who is threatening the US? Cause all I see is American expansionism and agression everywhere else in the world...nobody is threatening an invasion of the US.

American agression the world over is only making more enemies and driving neutral countries together...cause they know at some point American troops are going to be bombing them back into the stone age...or fomenting a coup to take over their government.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   

The thought we could invade anyone is sort of laughable, even you have to admit it.
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Why would we want to invade anyone? Thats not who we are...being the biggest bully on the block just makes you the jerk everyone hates and wants to get even with. The Americans won't be the biggest bully forever...and when they are weak...all the countries they have left a trail of death and misery in are going to come looking for revenge. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

I for one, do not want our country to waste it's treasure building a mighty military machine....a machine who's only purpose is to bring death and destruction...no good can ever come of it.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Canada has the capacity to wage an invasion of Syria, we have plenty of Elkhorn bayonets and the dreaded Beaver bomb which can be delivered by the top secret newly resurrected Avro Arrow.

A$$ad won't know what hit him!

Today Syria, tomorrow the world!

Canada Rocks!

edit on 15-4-2014 by Cynic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by deadcalm

I do agree somewhat with your sentiments on American imperialism, but the point of maintaining a strong military isn't for global dominance, despite what our neighbors to the south may do. It's for defence and the ability for a nation to support their allies.

In a perfect world, we all sit around the campfire and sing hippy songs while strumming our guitars. We don't live in a perfect world, and there are bad people running rogue nations out there. If history has taught us anything, it's that the need for a strong standing military for the purpose of national defence is still very much a reality. Diplomacy doesn't always work. Our commitments to our allies also suggest we should at least be able to maintain our obligations to them (as they maintain theirs to us).

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I'm seeing a lot of folks treat this as a joke, but as part of a larger conspiracy in conjunction with NATO in general, it's not that far fetched at all.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
WAIT Wait wait....

Are you sure that the news source didn't say "Leaked Reports Reveal Syria Plans to Invade Canada".

I mean, surely that's much more likely?

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

Great! While their troop is gone, we'll make our move.

I hope we can take over before he comes back.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I oh so hope your Flyers break the backs of the Rangers, then get their hands on Pitt & Crosby and do the same...except more of it. Here's my mention of Canada..the Canadians are toast.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
You have to realize that ALL governments do this. They create plans and contingencies for events that are not even likely to occur. First of all they do this to see what is feasible. Second, they do this on the off chance that the plans will ever need to be used. So even these documents do not prove that Canada was going to invade Syria. I'm sure the US has plans drawn up for an invasion of Russia, China, North Korea, and maybe even allies such as Britain. In fact, I seem to remember something about a plan for an invasion of Britain that were drawn up many years ago, but I won't swear to that.

It is just something that governments and militaries do. It means absolutely nothing the majority of the time, so those who think this is evidence of some impending and nefarious plan that has already been set into motion are incorrect. I mean think about it...Does anyone honestly think Canada would just up and invade Syria because Israel wanted them to? No way. Not in today's state of affairs.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

What's Canada going to do? Ride in on horseback and tell Assad to stand down?

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
***IF*** the world falls into a mini ice age, Canada might well take on world dominance. Our snowplows would bury enemies or sock them in at the very least just as they do our driveways, our snowboarders could and would fly over them to survey their positions etc., our snowmobilers could surround them in no time, while our skiers could carry supplies and refreshments. You see, we do winter really well even though we bellyache about it, but really hot climates like the ME, nah not so much. Our hearts would not be in it, end of story. --Can you tell that my car is covered in snow at the moment?

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   

JiggyPotamus
You have to realize that ALL governments do this. They create plans and contingencies for events that are not even likely to occur. First of all they do this to see what is feasible. Second, they do this on the off chance that the plans will ever need to be used. So even these documents do not prove that Canada was going to invade Syria. I'm sure the US has plans drawn up for an invasion of Russia, China, North Korea, and maybe even allies such as Britain. In fact, I seem to remember something about a plan for an invasion of Britain that were drawn up many years ago, but I won't swear to that.

It is just something that governments and militaries do. It means absolutely nothing the majority of the time, so those who think this is evidence of some impending and nefarious plan that has already been set into motion are incorrect. I mean think about it...Does anyone honestly think Canada would just up and invade Syria because Israel wanted them to? No way. Not in today's state of affairs.

You are quite correct. Every government (or at least every developed government) has groups of leaders, both military and civilian, analysts, economists, engineers, etc. brainstorming and war gaming every possible scenario they can imagine--even extremely unlikely scenarios like alien invasion. It does not mean that anyone actually is going to do a specific action nor anyone actually agrees with it, but rather they are going over issues they may encounter, thinking of things that may cause a curve ball, and are going over potential solutions.
This sort of brainstorming, intellectual exercises for the government, is a valuable way to understand available resources, potential logistical problems, and solutions. Companies do similar things as well. "What if we..." or "what if they..." are valuable questions to ask.

Many of the rumors about "the government knows about alien invasions" or "the government is planning to make martial law" are based on lack of understanding of this.

You are correct. You are referring to "War Plan Red" where we developed a strategic plan in case we went to war with The UK and her colonies between WWI and WWII. It was part of the "Rainbow Plans" where the War Department developed contingency plans for going to war with every major power in the 1920's and 1930's. The plan to fight Japan was "War Plan Orange."

I do not doubt if there is a whole "what if plan" in London concerning a war with the US and vice versa in Washington.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
We better keep an eye on them. NBC did a special about them. Stuart Smiley was right.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Ahh , just saw that you beat me to it.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

DeadSeraph
reply to post by deadcalm

I do agree somewhat with your sentiments on American imperialism, but the point of maintaining a strong military isn't for global dominance, despite what our neighbors to the south may do. It's for defence and the ability for a nation to support their allies.

In a perfect world, we all sit around the campfire and sing hippy songs while strumming our guitars. We don't live in a perfect world, and there are bad people running rogue nations out there. If history has taught us anything, it's that the need for a strong standing military for the purpose of national defence is still very much a reality. Diplomacy doesn't always work. Our commitments to our allies also suggest we should at least be able to maintain our obligations to them (as they maintain theirs to us).

--
Bump.

Well said. I was about to chime in when I saw your post.

It is the nature of our "current" world. I too would one day like to see a unified world, but that is not the case.

With respect, as an American, I would love to fight till no more, then end my days in a peaceful country like Canada.

Despite what people say about American, once our nation falls, another will take up the reigns and be just as aggressive.

Ask yourselves, "if" American falls, the world turns peachy??? We all hold hands??? That's the real joke in this thread.
Thank you Canada for being humble, for getting your hands dirty just a little bit by helping with the multi-nationals and being the peaceful nation you are.
--
DeadCalm, RELAX

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   

DodgyDawg
WAIT Wait wait....

Are you sure that the news source didn't say "Leaked Reports Reveal Syria Plans to Invade Canada".

I mean, surely that's much more likely?

They wouldn't make it past George Street . . . a few of our 'real' beers, and we'd have them challenged to a hockey game in short order.

And we all know how that ends for even you super-power types!!!!

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   
It's Canuck NOT canook

a reply to: butcherguy

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoalPoster

They wouldn't make it past George Street . . . a few of our 'real' beers, and we'd have them challenged to a hockey game in short order.

And we all know how that ends for even you super-power types!!!!
Hey now, you should know that what happens on George Street, stays on George street, eh?! Screech 'em in, and they'll never leave!!

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: GrantedBail

This could be a political strategy for Harper to stay in office in 2015. I think as a rule, people don't like to vote in a new leader when in the middle of a war. I would like to vote Liberal for Trudeau but I was recently thinking the other day, would Trudeau be the right man at the helm in the event of WW3. Probably not. I can't stand Harper, he's got to go, but if I had to choose, I don't know if I would have faith in Trudeau in such a difficult time. Eff it, I'll run for Prime Minister...

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: GrantedBail

I don't buy it. The only Canadian invasion of Syria will be the opening of a Tim Horton's in downtown Aleppo!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join