It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Interrupt Your WWIII Preparations with This: Canada is planning to invade Syria, leaked reports

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

I laughed at the story but then remembered the Snowden document where Canada is one of the five eyes coalition .As it stands the US has unlimited access to Canadian soil for their military .It wouldn't be the first time the Govt. kept our involvement in a war out of the peoples knowledge .I do believe that it was shown that we were in Iraq .We went to Vietnam but it wasn't as a country but we were there .I wouldn't surprise me they are making some sort of a covert plan with the other 4 eyes Australia, US , Britain and New Zealand . ...peace

edit on 15-4-2014 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Holy kee-rap! On its face it's ludicrous. However, could it mean that Harper the Great is planning to send troops to shore up Israeli forces on the border, even though the UN has a mission there at the moment? I have no doubt that he would do so if Israel asked, but I for one will shout long and hard about it if it comes to pass. I'm still mortified at our involvement in Libya.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
It is the norm for Western Militaries to create military plans (at least a template) for just about any conflict they can imagine. Canada would no doubt have a variety of plans to assist in a UN intervention, NATO actions, peace keeping operation etc. This is normal and everybody does it. To try and paint it as Canada is planning on invading Syria is tying to make a mountain out of a molehill. Now when something looks like it is going to kick off, the military planners take those plans and update and modify them so they always have a variety of options to present to thier government.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
ORIGINAL SOURCE

By Lee Berthiaume
Ottawa Citizen

OTTAWA — Canadian defense and diplomatic officials have been quietly working on plans for possible Canadian military missions — as well as shoring up non-religious groups on the ground — in Syria as its three-year civil war continues. The federal government has so far said it has no plans for Canada to be dragged into the conflict, which has killed an estimated 150,000 and driven hundreds of thousands more from their homes and their country. But internal documents obtained by the Citizen show National Defense has drawn up at least five scenarios in which it could become involved in Syria’s ongoing civil war, as well as potential Canadian Forces missions for each situation. The documents have been censored to remove specifics, but allude to “the rapidly deteriorating conditions in Syria, its impact on neighbouring countries and … the importance of Middle East stability.” The scenarios also include several assumptions such as the Syrian government remaining “defiant,” as well as “most likely” and “worst case” outcomes, such as extremist groups getting hold of advanced or chemical weapons, or the conflict spilling beyond Syria’s borders.

Remember folks, Canada's still owned by the Queen, and she wants her pipeline's secured!

edit on 15/4/2014 by ObservingYou because: (no reason given)

Posting work written by others.

post NO MORE THAN 10% of the original (or three paragraphs, whichever is least)

edit on 4/15/2014 by Blaine91555 because: Excessive quote shortened.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
This thread is great for showing how painfully ignorant people are of Canada. Must be nice to live in a fantasy world.

Back to the reality of my nation of Canada: Canada is an empire and does a lot more in terms of force projection then people really know (and this is intentional). Imperial interests of Canada generally involve Canadian transnational corporations exploiting third world resources with mercenary forces and by covertly supporting dictatorships.

Syria is a serious conflict for Canada to get involved in, but it would not be an overt invasion anyway. Canadian forces generally operate like well-trained and armed state mercenaries (and trust me, from personal experience this is how the CF are trained and assigned to conflicts by "contracts").

Canadian forces are quite adept at effective covert ops. We could probably deploy a few dozen operatives that could just linger around without being noticed in remote areas around "safe zones" while taking the time to carry out some recon and assassinations from time to time.

Not saying I agree with sending soldiers into Syria. Especially since they are engaging in "civil war" that would make intervention a war crime. That and the fact that Canada has NOTHING to gain, aside from working on behalf of the USA or Israel.
edit on 15-4-2014 by Vovin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I don't believe the original source in the OP,because honestly Harper only does as he is told. However ,if any of this does prove true, methinks somebody better help Mr. Prime Minister with his swollen head...making his toque too tight.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

deadcalm
reply to post by GrantedBail

ETA. To all you American idiots that are bad mouthing the Canadian military...is this really how you should treat one of your allies?
I suggest you arrogant prigs learn something about Canada's military history before you shoot off your mouths.

Your arrogant disdain for your neighbor and ally makes me sick.

edit on 15America/Chicagopm152014-04-15T16:03:04-05:00pmTuesday04 by deadcalm because: (no reason given)

Even if there was truth to it, the response reflects the mindset of us Americans. Even those opposed to western aggression will almost instinctively engage in a dick measuring contest as if military might is the only way to measure the relevance of a nation. It's just ego anyway but after the loooong relationship between Canada and the US (even just on a citizen level) it wouldn't take much for Americans to become bloodlust after you too. We are like rabid dogs.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Lolwut!?!? We dont have a big enough military Heck our tech military tech is like what 10-30 years behind the US. Hell we even got rid of our suposed super secret nuclear weapons program back in thr 1960s. Trust me we aint gonna invade syria.
edit on 15-4-2014 by thenotoriousone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

ya,, rabid dogs,,,
what ever happened too that America??
the good one.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Pfffhahahaaha!!

Invade with what?

Call west Edmonton Mall quick.... We need the sub!!

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

deadcalm

ETA. To all you American idiots that are bad mouthing the Canadian military...is this really how you should treat one of your allies?
I suggest you arrogant prigs learn something about Canada's military history before you shoot off your mouths.

Your arrogant disdain for your neighbor and ally makes me sick.

edit on 15America/Chicagopm152014-04-15T16:03:04-05:00pmTuesday04 by deadcalm because: (no reason given)

Most Western Nations have some very fine military capacity; however, they also long ago outsourced most of the military heavy lifting to the US and UK.

If China or Russia ever really came for you, you're very fine military units would have a very hard time compensating for the heavy lifting you outsourced to us. In return, you get to spend all that money on your nice social programs you constantly call us barbarians for not having.

Well, guess what? Because we have that huge military that helps compensate for your lack of large army, we can't afford all those expensive social programs. But we could and are having our army cut down to the same size as yours, so we may all get to discover together what your very fine military units are worth, and I mean that in all seriousness. They are very fine troops. I just hope they're enough to safeguard your entire nation.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by deadcalm

lol calm down man. I'm Canadian and I'm poking fun because it's true. I have just as much respect for our military history as the next Canadian, but lets face it our armed forces are a shadow of what they used to be, and are terribly underfunded. The thought we could invade anyone is sort of laughable, even you have to admit it.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
They say a picture's worth a thousand words...

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Winston S. Churchill: His Complete Speeches, 1897-1963 (1974).

"It would nevertheless be wrong and imprudent to entrust the secret knowledge or experience of the atomic bomb, which the United States, Great Britain, and Canada now share, to the world organisation, while it is still in its infancy."

Make of it what you will.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
If Harper tried this unilaterally he is even stupider than I thought.

Although, as others have said, I could only see "advisers" being sent. An "invasion"? Utterly impossible.
edit on 15-4-2014 by InvisibleOwl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
HA LOL

Now that's rich.

Harper starting a war? Or involving Canada in one?

LOL

That won't happen, not while we have an election coming and Canadians who are informed in general and could care less about meddling in a the proxy war between the US, Russia, China and Iran.

I call shenanigans.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Canada was involved with the manhattan project and had done extensive nuclear weapons research in the 50's but never produced a weapon of their own. I'm sure the technical ability to produce nuclear weapons is probably preserved and we certainly have the materials and facilities necessary to produce weapons grade materials, but I'm confident we possess no nukes. We had american nuclear weapons present on Canadian soil under agreement with the U.S for some time, but it's believed that practice ended in 1984.

From a strategic standpoint, we have absolutely no need of nuclear weapons, considering modern technology. We have the U.S to the south (and to the northwest with their strong military presence in Alaska) the north pole to our north, and europe to the east across the big pond. If the nukes start flying, we don't need them. Our allies have that covered in spades.

Personally, I'm fine with that decision. I'm not happy with the current state of the Canadian military and I've always felt that we could do more as a nation to shore up our defenses (and our ability to help our allies militarily), but given the amount of nukes in the world and our close relationship with the U.S and our other allies in europe, there really is no need for us to possess nuclear weapons.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

FlyersFan
CANADA? Naaaaaaah ..... CANADA? What? CANADA???

Seriously though ... is this leaked document supposed to be new plans for what is happening now, or are they the plans that every country has on hand for every other country and it has been 'leaked' to raise a stink? The USA has invasion plans for Canada on file. It doesn't mean that it's going to happen or that they are 'new'. They are contingency plans.

Canada? I'm not seeing it!

openyourmind1262
they may be just upest that they only have ONE team from Canada in the Stanley Cup Playoffs this year

Um .. yeah .. that could be a problem for them. (Our FLYERS are in! tee heee heeee heeeeee )

edit on 4/15/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

Yes, the US has had invasion plans for Canada since at least 1964 or before. Copies of the original CIA documents used to be on UseNet, I have copies on one of my hard drives someplace, it's like trying to find a needle in 12 terrabytes lol. What was really interesting was the plan for takeover through economic/financial warfare coupled with attrition. It seems they have played this out quite well. The idea was to corrupt us from inside by steering our main bank and the politicians and then open the door for corporations to leave which would destroy our middle class. Long time ago now, I saw the documents back in 1985, but I have been on Arpa/Internet since 1978.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

GrantedBail
Other than involvement with NATO, I don't believe I know of a time when Canada has ever participated in aggression in and towards another country. Other than being a US Lap Dog within the confines of the various "Coalitions of the Willing".

Canada has, many times, participated in "aggression in and towards another country" - War of 1812, Crimea, India, the Boer War, WW1, WW2, Korea, The First Gulf War, Yugoslavia, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq (Gulf War 2), Libya and Mali.

Pretty much every major conflict, in fact. I'd also like to point out that Canada rarely (if ever) jumps into conflict as the US lapdog, but almost always jumps into conflict where the UK is concerned, so if they are anyone's "lapdog", it's the Brits although I'd dispute they were lapdogs at all, but instead brave fighters who have always got the UK's back,

Anyhoo - as has been pointed out, Canada has no force projection so won't be doing anything unilaterally in Syria.
edit on 15/4/14 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

ketsuko
If China or Russia ever really came for you, you're very fine military units would have a very hard time compensating for the heavy lifting you outsourced to us. In return, you get to spend all that money on your nice social programs you constantly call us barbarians for not having.

First of all, if China or Russia ever formally invaded us, it would have all to do with attacking the US, directly or indirectly- and the USA would be obligated by strategic pacts to fight alongside Canada to repel the invasion.

Secondly, our "social programs" have nothing to do with why our military got downsized so badly since WWII. That can be attributed directly to weak Canadian leadership that decided sell our military industrial complex out to the American military industrial complex through a defense trade pact in the 50s. This is why the Arrow was chopped up, and we take the Arrow seriously because it symbolized the R&D shift and near-treason by our leadership after hundreds of years of repelling American imperialist through Canada nationalism.

And I say "near-treason" because while we always got the sh*t end of the stick, it was for the sake of defense from our side, but unfortunately the Americans saw it as integration and domination.

So in other words, the fact that we would have to depend on American assistance in the event of invasion, is because of long-standing measures dictated by spatio-temporal geopolitical shifts. It won't always stay this way though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join