It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Losing a pet sucks.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
We lost our dog today. Actually we had her put to sleep in order to end her suffering. This, by far, was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do.

Our other dog, the younger one, seems lost. The cat won't be quiet and just keeps mewing and meowing non-stop.

We're not exactly sure what happened to her. She was 11, but up until last week she, it seemed, was o.k. The past two days were bad and she was to the point she couldn't stand up on her own, at all.

Anyways, just thought I would share what I am going through. It has been a long, long time since I lost a pet. She was a good 'ol girl and very loyal and listened (to my hubby) well. She will be missed, especially by him and our other pets. It's just so very sad.

I will always remember April 15, thanks to the IRS.

I still have to file our taxes or file an extension...

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by lovebeck

I'm sorry for your loss.
But if you can, try to find out if your friend passed from Parvo. If so, your other Dawg may be at risk. It strikes suddenly and is a tough one to survive.

link   
They are family no doubt about it.

Hell, I like my dog better than most of my family.

Sorry for your loss...

link   
Brother I know how you feel...it is worse than loosing a human friend... I have lost 3 dogs and 2 cats was never easy...I had the all cremated and their ashes are on my mantle.
A couple of them I was so heart broken ,I could not work for a couple of weeks,
My heart and prayers go out to you and family.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Sorry about your loss, Lovebeck......I know the feeling, they are part of the family, right?

Hugs to you and your family.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
It always sucks to lose a pet. But better to lose a pet than to never have loved one I guess.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Losing a pet is just bad for everyone, humans and pets, in the family. Everyone keeps looking for the one who's not there anymore. It hurts.

I'm sorry for your loss, and it makes it even worse when they just go down so suddenly like that.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

TDawgRex

I'm sorry for your loss.
But if you can, try to find out if your friend passed from Parvo. If so, your other Dawg may be at risk. It strikes suddenly and is a tough one to survive.

I asked and they all said it didn't look like Parvo. The vet thought kidney failure. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I'm sorry for your loss. I know, it's difficult.
What is harder for me then when they die ... is when they are in failing health.
They suffer, but don't know why.
And they look at you like they are saying 'do something, I hurt''
It's hard.
I don't understand why this universe is set up this way .. that we all have to live and die ...
It's one of my questions I want answered when I"m in the afterlife ...

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Awww,
That is sad!

I am sorry for your loss!

I don't know what else to say,
just that I feel your sadness,
and know what it is like.

It is never easy when you lose a loved one, animal or human.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Having lost not one but two of my animals within 6 months of each other,I can truly relate to your pain.I had my dog for a very long time before he became sick the week after Christmas.He was 19 years old,and it just never seems like you get to spend enough time with them before they go.

My cat had to be put down in Oct. of last year,that one was a mystery to us as I got up one morning and he was paralyzed from the back end under my desk. I can only assume that he somehow fell trying to get into something ( which he frequently did) and ended up twisting and paralyzing himself.

I'm terribly sorry for your loss. I hope in time you will heal enough to carry on your pets love for you and adopt some poor dog in a shelter and give it a second chance at life.Blessings to you and your family during this painful time.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I was laying down yesterday and getting weepy remembering my passed cat (April 21 2012) then realized it's coming up on that 'anniversary' date of his passing. He had a big personality, and was a big kitty, 22 lbs at his largest.
His surviving brother displayed many instances of sitting there watching, staring, even playing with 'someone' invisible to me. There were other ghostly goings on in the apartment. Subtle yet amazing things. I can't wait when I cross over and get to hold him, but also I am in no hurry to die, myself.
edit on 15-4-2014 by misschareesee2 because: .

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I'm SO sorry for your loss.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Yes, I have been where you are a few times. My ATS user name is in honor of my favorite pet of all time, Kayla - a German Shepherd/Golden Retriever mix. We lost her about 7 years ago to lymphoma, and I still miss her.
She was gorgeous, smart as hell, protective, and sweet tempered. Best dog anyone could ever have.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

misschareesee2
I was laying down yesterday and getting weepy remembering my passed cat (April 21 2012) then realized it's coming up on that 'anniversary' date of his passing. He had a big personality, and was a big kitty, 22 lbs at his largest.
His surviving brother displayed many instances of sitting there watching, staring, even playing with 'someone' invisible to me. There were other ghostly goings on in the apartment. Subtle yet amazing things. I can't wait when I cross over and get to hold him, but also I am in no hurry to die, myself.
edit on 15-4-2014 by misschareesee2 because: .

Our cat plays with invisible things at night as well. It's freaky as heck but hilarious, too. She was meowing like crazy all day until we got back from the vet's office. Now she's just been sitting by my side, all day and evening, quiet as a mouse. The other dog has, so far, seemed o.k., just lost.

It's SO sad...I forgot how sad it is to loose a pet as it had been many, many years since I last lost one.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
3 weeks ago my pomeranian puppy died in front of me. My mom accidentally drop him on our floor so his head hit it hard. He died instantly. I can still remembar it up to now. It is very painful to bear with his loss even now that we got a new puppy. A month ago he almost died because of parvo but I was able to treat him. I was so happy that he was able to survive it. but then again he died because of a freak accident... I guess this life is not really for him.. at least he motivates me to do good because I want to see him in heaven someday..

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I know exactly how you feel having lost many beloved pets over the years. You have my deepest sympathy.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   
As an animal lover I feel ya pain

I think we all know when we get a furry or feathered companion that they will pass on before us, Im gutted everytime.

Shed some tears but then think of all the joy and love you were able to share over those 11 years, when your ready get another puppy so you can give him the same life you gave to your recently departed friend.

The fact you wrote this thread shows he was loved and well cared for, you owe it to yourself and another puppy to experience it all again

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I just went through this also..I had to put my 14 yr old dog to sleep due to congestive heart failure. It is a very hard thing to do..his last few days were awful ( quit eating, couldn't stand) .
You sound like a responsible and loving pet owner, focus on the animals you have left. I also still have a younger dog and cat..they weren't themselves for awhile but are slowly going back to normal.
I'm very sorry for your loss

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   

ieatbrains
I just went through this also..I had to put my 14 yr old dog to sleep due to congestive heart failure. It is a very hard thing to do..his last few days were awful ( quit eating, couldn't stand) .
You sound like a responsible and loving pet owner, focus on the animals you have left. I also still have a younger dog and cat..they weren't themselves for awhile but are slowly going back to normal.
I'm very sorry for your loss

Sounds like our girl. She started drinking gobs of water last week, then over the weekend she got worse. Monday was the worst, by far. I couldn't watch her suffer, I think that was the worst part. The part in the vets office wasn't nearly as bad as I thought. She went quickly, surrounded by love, thank God.

Goodness, I cannot quit crying. Woke up crying, went to bed crying. Time to put the water works away and think about the good times, not the end...

new topics

<<   2 >>

join